Wiki Posts
Search

2015 MAX miles per ticket 75,000????

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2014, 7:33 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by k2
Agreed, it's cheesy and it tips DL's hand. We hear the new SM program is designed to reward high profit customers, but the short notice $15k TPAC gets the same reward as the $7k Z fare.

DL fanboys want to believe the new program is about redistribution, but in reality the squeeze is being applied to the entire population.

And yes, I do want a glass with my Petrus.
Just how do you think Delta is going to pay for all those promised new low level group 1 & 2 award seats? Not on shareholders backs but on yours!

I thank you very much for paying so much so I can ride so cheap. ^
Old Mar 5, 2014, 7:40 am

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
I'll never spend enough on a ticket to have to worry about bumping up against the 75K RDM limit, but perhaps DL's thinking is that they don't want to give someone almost two BE tickets for the price of one (even if it is a very high price).
Old Mar 5, 2014, 7:45 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
DL is hosing everyone, including the HVCs, with the 2015 changes.
But then, as is the rhetoric on the board, they're in it to make money. Hosing is good for the bottom line.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 7:47 am
k2

Originally Posted by LBJ
Higher mileage payouts is ultimately going to translate to higher redemption rates on the back-end. Squeeze the balloon and all that. Would people prefer that they lower multipliers and uncap the top-end? Overall, I can't say I'd be complaining all that much if my business was willing to cough up for J fares. 75K miles is still a boatload.
I assume this is DL's excuse too. Problem is, until the new redemption charts are published we have no idea if 75k is a boatload, or equivalent to what we earn today. My money is on the latter.

Originally Posted by Delta Points
Just how do you think Delta is going to pay for all those promised new low level group 1 & 2 award seats? Not on shareholders backs but on yours!

I thank you very much for paying so much so I can ride so cheap. ^
I'm cool with that - as long as bubba's not in charge I think you're safe.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 8:27 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Titanium
Our miles are going to be so much more valuable once the new charts come out that we won't even need the extra miles...
Old Mar 5, 2014, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by thirtyfour
Our miles are going to be so much more valuable once the new charts come out that we won't even need the extra miles...
Without the limit the new chart would be catastrophic. With the limit the changes will just be dire.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 8:38 am
Original Poster

A business class ticket runs me $7,500 on average - in Z/I mostly JNB tickets

I currently earn +/- 55,000 redemption miles and I earn miles on the value of the ticket if charged to the delta card. 7500 x2 = 15,000 for a total of 70,000

in 2015 I earn 7,500 x 11 = 82,500 -- capped at 75000
if I use the amex I get 7,500 x 13= 97,500 -- capped at 75000

basically I get 5,000 extra miles -- this is what Delta calls rewarding high spending clients.......

Its a SCAM -- shame on you Delta
Old Mar 5, 2014, 8:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The AmEx extra two points are not subject to the 75,000 cap.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 8:44 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Petercbm
A business class ticket runs me $7,500 on average - in Z/I mostly JNB tickets

I currently earn +/- 55,000 redemption miles and I earn miles on the value of the ticket if charged to the delta card. 7500 x2 = 15,000 for a total of 70,000

in 2015 I earn 7,500 x 11 = 82,500 -- capped at 75000
if I use the amex I get 7,500 x 13= 97,500 -- capped at 75000

basically I get 5,000 extra miles -- this is what Delta calls rewarding high spending clients.......

Its a SCAM -- shame on you Delta
Are you just posting and not reading what anyone is telling you? Although admittedly I don't believe Delta has made this crystal clear, the AMEX miles will not count against the 75,000 mile cap because they will continue to post separately as they do now.

Second, if you're paying $7,500 for your ticket, the amount eligible for miles accrual is some amount lower than that because you don't earn miles on taxes and government imposed fees. While you may hit the cap on a $7,500 ticket, it's not going to cost you that many miles.

Finally, you might consider booking your trips as one-ways unless you believe you're going to get hit with change/cancellation fees going that route.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 9:06 am
Original Poster

If amex posts separately - then there is no change there.

The fact remains that capping rewards on a program that is supposed to reward high spending clients is disingenuous at best.

Buying one ways - while it will yield more miles - are prohibitively expensive as there are no discounted one way fares.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 9:12 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Titanium
The fact remains that capping rewards on a program that is supposed to reward high spending clients is disingenuous at best.
Exactly, I'd love to hear from the WFBF crowd on this one. Unless the new cry will be WMB21W.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Buying two one-ways instead of a round-trip is also forbidden by some employer travel policies (including mine).
Old Mar 5, 2014, 9:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If amex posts separately - then there is no change there.

Buying one ways - while it will yield more miles - are prohibitively expensive as there are no discounted one way fares.
The numbers you're quoting don't sound like discounted fares.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 9:23 am

Programs: United 1K, Delta PLT, IHG Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EE
I guess one way around this could be to purchase 2 one way tickets especially if you were going to buy a full fare ticket. I would think there might not be too much difference there.

For instance, last minute I for (03/07 - 03/10 | IAH-BKK) is $8,800. One-way there is $4,727 going and $2,900 back. So, you could stay away from the cap that way, right, if you have 2 different confirmation numbers.

Please let me know if I missed something critical, other than the fact that two one ways would have actually been cheaper than the roundtrip. Thanks.

-no1racer
Old Mar 5, 2014, 9:23 am

Programs: DM/3MM
I've been looking at a NYC-JNB trip in the early fall, and I've been seeing between $8,800 and $10,127 on DL metal as the lowest on certain days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.