Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Survey -- How Would You Respond?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2014, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Delta Survey -- How Would You Respond?

Interesting timing but received a survey from DL about the SkyMiles program. The surveys are important because as we all know, DL makes changes we request based on feedback from us.

They asked a number of questions but maybe the most relevant was ranking the importance of certain things related to DL flts. The survey asked them first for biz travelers, then for leisure, the only difference being they also asked to rank “Your company travel policy” for biz.

Thought it might be interesting to see how FTers would rank these things (#1 being most important). To avoid any bias, they are listed in alphabetical order:

• Convenient schedules
• Customer Service
• Frequent Flyer Program
• Onboard products/features
• Route/destinations served
• Ticket price

Finally, they asked a general question: What, if anything, can we do to improve the SkyMiles program?

What say you, how would you rank these six items and what would you suggest to DL to improve the SM program?
Old Mar 4, 2014, 10:14 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
When I buy a ticket the factors in order are price, schedule, frequent flyer program, onboard amenities, and customer service. Route/destinations served is not a rankable factor at the ticket level, because it's just yes/no. For some trips schedule may get flipped with price, especially if it's just a one-day in/out trip (e.g., going to Chicago I usually don't fly Delta since UA, AA, and WN all have non-stop flights or to Denver I'm not flying Delta over UA, F9, and WN).
Old Mar 4, 2014, 10:19 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
I got that survey a month or two ago. Can't remember what I said, but I think I got 250 miles out of it. I didn't realize at the time how valuable those would become.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 10:28 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
The thing I would rank #1 isn't even mentioned. Operational reliability.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 11:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TurtleSVS
The thing I would rank #1 isn't even mentioned. Operational reliability.
Exactly.

Also, I wish customer service would be defined on these things. Should be understand this to mean counter/gate, phone, IROPs handling, FA service on board? They're very different.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 11:13 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
They left off something important -- comfort of plane -- I'll chose a 717 over a 200 any day of the week and twice on Fridays.

Unless they want to call that "on board" features that is.

<lol>

Bob H
Old Mar 4, 2014, 11:41 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
I'm interested to know what they consider Frequent Flyer Program. I consider the Medallion program somewhat separate from the Skymiles program. The Medallion program and the benefits associated with it are quite important to me. The Skymiles are a nice bonus but not nearly as important to me which explains why I'm not nearly as upset as other LVCs about the RDM changes.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 11:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mattp1987
I'm interested to know what they consider Frequent Flyer Program. I consider the Medallion program somewhat separate from the Skymiles program. The Medallion program and the benefits associated with it are quite important to me. The Skymiles are a nice bonus but not nearly as important to me which explains why I'm not nearly as upset as other LVCs about the RDM changes.
Good point, although elites have better availability for some award tickets and have access to elite agents (with lower waiting times) to do phone bookings and changes to award tickets, so we have it better than when a kettle tries to redeem miles.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by Sez_Who
Interesting timing but received a survey from DL about the SkyMiles program. The surveys are important because as we all know, DL makes changes we request based on feedback from us.

They asked a number of questions but maybe the most relevant was ranking the importance of certain things related to DL flts. The survey asked them first for biz travelers, then for leisure, the only difference being they also asked to rank “Your company travel policy” for biz.

Thought it might be interesting to see how FTers would rank these things (#1 being most important). To avoid any bias, they are listed in alphabetical order:

• Convenient schedules
• Customer Service
• Frequent Flyer Program
• Onboard products/features
• Route/destinations served
• Ticket price

Finally, they asked a general question: What, if anything, can we do to improve the SkyMiles program?

What say you, how would you rank these six items and what would you suggest to DL to improve the SM program?
I guess Route/ Destination would be no. 1, cause, well, if it isn't going there then I am not taking it.
The rest would be in the order of Price, Schedule and Onboard Product. Customer Service and FF Program are equally important/ unimportant to me, depending on the day. Plus the scope of these last two is pretty wide to define, as someone else posted.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 1:04 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
#1 would be ticket price with schedule being a close second.
Customer service, depends - I enjoy the DM line for ease of use and during IROPS.
Onboard features is more important on long flights.

Not included here are partners. Flying through Asia is a lot less rewarding than flying through Europe. That needs to be fixed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.