FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   The Official - GLOBAL UPGRADE CERT success thread - Yay! I got it! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1556396-official-global-upgrade-cert-success-thread-yay-i-got.html)

davetravels Mar 1, 2014 6:26 am

The Official - GLOBAL UPGRADE CERT success thread - Yay! I got it!

FIRST DAY!!!

Flying CDG/ATL on Wednesday on a cheapo V fare.

I called the DM hotline about 2 hours ago to check availability - PLENTY, she said.

Logged in and chose my GUCs.

It took about 1 1/2 - 2 hours for the certs to pop into my account.

Just called the DM hotline from Berlin via Skype - and - SUCCESS!!!

I'm no longer in 17B - - -

I'm in 1D on the 76W!!!

Yay! Let's hope this is a trend for future GUC usage! :) :D :)

(My connecting flight ATL/ORD already cleared at the DM window! :))

edited to add . . . .

THANX Delta!!! Keep up the good work! :)

UPDATE:

Terms & Conditions:

DL - RP,OP Delta Agent
DL - R,O Travel Agent
KL - Z
AF - A,O
Cabin Of Service: First / Business Class

Valid On:
DL Designated Flights Operated by DL,KL,AF,9E,CP,EV,OO,RP,S5,G7
KL Designated Flights Operated by KL,DL,WA
AF Designated Flights Operated by AF,DL,WX

This certificate entitles you to a complimentary one-way upgrade to Business Class/First Class with the purchase of a published applicable Economy fare for flights worldwide operated by Delta Air Lines and certain Delta connection carriers as well as certain flights operated by Delta's airline partners Air France and KLM. Exception: If booking on KLM, this certificate is valid for a one-way upgrade to Business Class. If booking on Air France this certificate is valid for a one class upgrade only; from Economy to Premium Voyageur or Premium Voyageur to Business.

VOID IF SOLD, BARTERED OR EXCHANGED FOR COMPENSATION

Redemption Instructions

To redeem this upgrade, you will need the reference code, certificate number and redemption code specified above. Please refer to the terms and conditions for further details.

Terms & Conditions

Upgrade Offer: This certificate is valid for upgraded one-way travel on flights operated by Delta Air Lines, including eligible connecting flights, between the origin and destination of a ticketed fare for the named SkyMiles member or a travel companion pursuant to the terms and conditions of this offer. This upgrade offer may also be available on certain Delta Connection carrier flights. Air France and KLM as set forth in "Applicable Routes" below. Only one companion per SkyMiles member may be upgraded on each flight segment. Any stopovers are governed by the fare rules, and an additional certificate will be required for broken fares. All rules of the fare purchased will apply except as changed by this offer. SkyMiles mileage credit based upon purchased fare class. Space is limited and subject to availability. Seats may not be available on all flights or in all markets.

Expiration Date: Certificate expires twelve months from date of issue; all travel must be complete prior to certificate expiration date. Certificate may not be extended, reissued or returned for credit under any circumstances.

Refunds & Cash Value: This certificate is nonrefundable and has no cash value. Certificate will be deemed fully used upon surrender and will not be honored retroactively or in connection with the exchange of any wholly or partially unused ticket. Ticket refunds are permitted only pursuant to the rules of the fare purchased. Any full or partial refund of the underlying Economy-fare ticket after upgrade will render this certificate void.

Not Combinable: This certificate may not be combined with any other promotional or discount offers or SkyMiles program awards. Valid only with a published qualifying fare.

Valid Carrier: Valid only on Delta Air Lines, Air France, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines and certain Delta Connection carrier operated flights. If a non-permitted carrier accepts this certificate, such carrier agrees to pay Delta, within 45 days of certificate acceptance, the sum of $1000USD per certificate accepted, and Delta shall not be liable to such carrier for any reason whatsoever.

Applicable Routes: Valid only for travel on routings with published upgradeable Economy class fare. Valid for use on one-way travel on published fares and routings systemwide for flights operated by Delta Air Lines or Delta Connection carriers. For travel on KLM: valid for use on one-way travel systemwide. For travel on Air France: valid for one-way one cabin upgrade travel between US and Paris (CDG) operated by AirFrance flights equipped with Premium Voyageur cabin. Air France flights operated by 747 equipment are not eligible.

Applicable Fare Classes: Certificate may be used to upgrade on Delta Air Lines or certain Delta Connection operated flights only on published Economy fares booked in Y, B, M, S, H, Q, K, L, U, T, X or V class and upgrade into RP/OP class. Certificate may not be used to upgrade other published fares including those booked in E class, Award Tickets or Pay with Miles tickets. For travel on KLM this certificate may be used to upgrade only on published fares in Y, B or M class, all fare classes upgrade into Z class. For travel on AF this certificate may be used to upgrade only on published fares in Y, B, M, W or S class. Y, B, M fares upgrade into A class (Premium Voyageur class) and W or S fares upgrade to O class (Affaires or Business Class).

Upgrade Reservations and Ticketing: Upgradeable Economy Class ticket must be purchased according to the applicable fare rules. After booking Economy Class tickets eligible for upgrade, the SkyMiles member whose name appears on the certificate must contact Delta to book the upgrade reservation for the member and, if applicable, his or her travel companion. Delta representatives must book in "RP/OP" class and travel agencies must book in "R/O" class; reservations must be booked in "Z" class on KL, and reservations on AF Premium Voyageur must be booked in "A" class and Affaires Class must be booked in "O" class. Seats are subject to limited availability and may not be available on all flights or in all markets. Once confirmed, boarding pass can only be issued by the operating carrier on day of departure. Tickets must be validated for travel on Delta. Travel on carriers other than Delta, when permitted, must be ticketed separately. Upgrade reservations on AirFrance or KLM operated flights must be booked by Delta a minimum of one day before the departure.

Reservation Waitlist: If the upgrade is not available at the time of request, a SkyMiles member and travel companion holding confirmed Economy Class reservations on a flight may request to be placed on the upgrade waitlist. Passengers on waitlist will be accommodated according to Delta's priority rules, which Delta reserves the right to change at any time. Waitlist is not available on Air France or KLM operated flights.

Airport Standby: If an upgrade for the SkyMiles member and companion (if applicable) is not confirmed from the reservation waitlist at least three hours prior to departure, then the SkyMiles member and companion may request to be placed on the Airport Standby List, provided that request is made no less than 60 minutes prior to flight departure. Passengers on the Airport Standby List will be accommodated according to Delta's priority rules, which Delta reserves the right to change at any time. Airport standby is not available on AirFrance or KLM operated flights as well as Delta operated flights originating from AMS, BOM and CDG.

Flight Irregularities: In the event of flight cancellation or itinerary change, previously confirmed upgrades are subject to cancellation.

SkyMiles: Mileage accrued based on fare purchased.

Transferability: Certificate may be used only to upgrade tickets for travel by the SkyMiles member or one companion in the same reservation and confirmed in the same cabin as that member. Each person in the reservation requires a certificate for a one-way upgrade. Certificate may not be transferred for cash or any other consideration.

Changes: Voluntary changes in reservations on ticketed itineraries are permitted only pursuant to the rules of the fare purchased, but upgrade is not guaranteed and will depend on availability and these terms and conditions. Where permitted, changes may require payment of a change fee and/or any difference in the applicable fare. Any refund or cancellation will result in the loss of the upgrade certificate. All reissues must be completed by Delta reservations. If you are re-accommodated on another carrier you will be seated in Economy Class.

Travel Companion Changes: Companions no longer traveling with the SkyMiles member after changing their itinerary are no longer eligible for upgrade pursuant to this certificate. The travel companion's reservation will be changed to reflect original Economy Class of service for the new itinerary.

Sale/Barter Prohibited: This certificate may not be sold or bartered. Delta reserves the right to terminate the SkyMiles account and/or deduct mileage from the account of any SkyMiles member who sells or barters this certificate, or who sells or barters mileage credit, vouchers, Award certificates or Award Tickets. Improperly obtained certificates/tickets are void and will be confiscated. Persons trying to use such tickets must pay the applicable fare to Delta to travel. Purchased or auctioned certificates are subject to confiscation and travel will not be permitted.

Other Terms & Conditions Apply: This certificate and transportation pursuant to it are subject to all terms and conditions of Delta's contract of carriage, fare rules, rules and regulations and the SkyMiles Membership Guide and Program Rules. Any tax liability or government-imposed fees are the responsibility of the user. For certain destinations, additional taxes may apply for travel in Business Class. Copies of Delta's current contract of carriage and the SkyMiles Membership Guide and Program Rules are available at delta.com.

Rule Changes: Delta reserves the right to change its contract of carriage, fare rules, rules and regulations and the SkyMiles Membership Guide and Program Rules at any time and without notice. Without limitation, Delta reserves the right to modify or eliminate the Global Upgrade Certificate program or change the rules for certificate usage. This certificate is the property of Delta Air Lines and must be surrendered or returned upon request.

No Replacement: Lost, stolen or otherwise destroyed certificates are void and will not be replaced.

Ticket Designator: PU590
Delta Agent Instructions: Refer to KM Global Upgrades

Travel Agent Instructions: Confirm a qualifying Economy Class fare and issue the Economy e-ticket. End and retrieve the PNR and rebook in the applicable upgrade class. Tickets must be validated on Delta/006 ticket stock and the PNR must contain a Delta operated or marketed flight. If changing a previously upgraded flight - call Delta Reservations to reissue. The upgrade is applicable for the SkyMiles member and one companion traveling in the same PNR. You must add an OSI remark for each one-way upgrade for each passenger in the PNR. Enter the following information exactly - otherwise Delta will not receive the request. Only Delta can reissue an upgraded itinerary.

OSI DL GLOBAL UPGRADE

If flight is DL designated and you are using Amadeus: OS DL UPGD. 006065xxxxxxx 99999999X PU590 ORGDST
If flight is DL designated and you are using another GDS: OSI DL UPGD. 006065xxxxxxx 99999999X PU590 ORGDST
If flight is AF designated and you are using Amadeus: SK UPGD AF HK1-006065xxxxxxx 99999999X PU590 ORGDST
If flight is AF designated and you are using another GDS: OSI AF UPGD. 006065xxxxxxx 99999999X PU590 ORGDST
If flight is KL designated and you are using Amadeus: SK UPGD KL HK1-006065xxxxxxx 99999999X PU590 ORGDST
If flight is KL designated and you are using another GDS: OSI KL UPGD. 006065xxxxxxx 99999999X PU590 ORGDST

Note: 006065xxxxxxx is the Certificate Number, 99999999X is the Redemption Code, PU590 is the Reference Code, ORG is the origin of the first segment that is being upgraded, DST is the destination of the last segment that is being upgraded.

Once you send this request, you will receive an SSR OTHS from Delta within 2 business days with either the new ticket number or a reason the request was denied. If the request is denied, Delta will rebook the passenger into Economy Class. The standard agency commission will be based on actual fare collected.

emrdoc Mar 1, 2014 6:41 am

Great to hear! Hopefully availability will remain high.

Enjoy your trip!

Renes Points Mar 1, 2014 6:46 am

Originally Posted by emrdoc (Post 22441322)
Great to hear! Hopefully availability will remain high.

Enjoy your trip!

Not for all:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...delta-com.html

baccarat_king Mar 1, 2014 6:53 am

If there was NOT availability; would the Global Upgrade have waitlisted in the same way as SWUs?

What bucket were you upgraded to? OP? (Same as SWUs?)

davetravels Mar 1, 2014 7:06 am

Originally Posted by baccarat_king (Post 22441371)

My res summary shows me in "OP"

baccarat_king Mar 1, 2014 7:13 am

Originally Posted by davetravels (Post 22441416)
My res summary shows me in "OP"

Great. Thanks, that is what I figured; so "basically" same situation as we have been dealing with vis-a-vis SWUs or mileage upgrades (of which, I've had decent success ex-AMS).

Now, perhaps, someone has asked (or knows the answer),

Diamond with a companion booked in the same PNR. Can you also apply the Global Upgrades (for use by the companions)? How about two companions in the same PNR?

lindsey1 Mar 1, 2014 7:30 am

Originally Posted by baccarat_king (Post 22441371)
If there was NOT availability; would the Global Upgrade have waitlisted in the same way as SWUs?

I have been waitlisted for 2 March's DXB-ATL flight. There are about a dozen seats open according to EF yet no upgrade inventory available yet. I am fairly confident I'll receive the upgrade at this point though.

mspnwa Mar 1, 2014 7:46 am

Been on hold for 10 minutes! Thats's never happened with the DM line....

bennos Mar 1, 2014 8:05 am

Originally Posted by mspnwa (Post 22441568)
Been on hold for 10 minutes! Thats's never happened with the DM line....

There are two (!) more weather waivers up. Bad winter for calling.

slipbeer Mar 1, 2014 10:01 am

I just selected mine. I am flying a lot of international stuff this year and have schedule flexibility to do some mid week flights which should help me use them.

It will be interesting to see how this goes.

MSPeconomist Mar 1, 2014 10:18 am

T&C for new GUCs?

Can someone who has already selected the GUCs please post the T&C. This would be very useful. Thanks.:-:

whammerkid Mar 1, 2014 11:02 am

has anyone had success on other carriers...

like AF (S or W fare class to biz)?

MSPeconomist Mar 1, 2014 11:04 am

Originally Posted by whammerkid (Post 22442443)
has anyone had success on other carriers...

like AF (S or W fare class to biz)?

Now that DL GUCs can be used on any (nonE) fare, using upgrade certs on AF to go from expensive premium economy to Affaires is less attractive than it was before AF upgrade inventory dried up.

whammerkid Mar 1, 2014 11:11 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 22442454)
Now that DL GUCs can be used on any (nonE) fare, using upgrade certs on AF to go from expensive premium economy to Affaires is less attractive than it was before AF upgrade inventory dried up.

true but that is only on DL metal( to my understanding) no?

if i want the upgrade on the Euro legs i would need minimum of S on AF...or am i misinterpreting the GUC's?

MSPeconomist Mar 1, 2014 11:20 am

Originally Posted by whammerkid (Post 22442486)
true but that is only on DL metal( to my understanding) no?

if i want the upgrade on the Euro legs i would need minimum of S on AF...or am i misinterpreting the GUC's?

That's my point. If you have a GUC, you're better off using it on any X+ fare on DL to get into BE than to use it on AF with an expensive premium economy fare to upgrade into AF business class.

Similarly, I think the old fare class rules still apply for the upgrade from coach to premium economy on AF, which is an even worse deal.