Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Official “I Got Upgraded” Thread: JFK-LAX/SFO/SEA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Official “I Got Upgraded” Thread: JFK-LAX/SFO/SEA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2014, 5:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Platinum New Name: KeepClimbingEd
Originally Posted by krlcomm
I am SOOOOO glad that I punted DL last year... best travel decision I have ever made, by far. That said I am sure that the other legacy carriers aren't far behind with numerous "enhancements"...
Why do you like AA better?
Old Mar 1, 2014, 5:21 pm

Programs: DL Diamond Ham Sandwich
Originally Posted by Carl Johnson
I go to SEA, and I don't see any nonstops out of JFK other than AA, and not nearly as many. I travel to JFK from Connecticut and getting to EWR would be a gigantic pain.

And for that route Delta is usually cheap like you would not even believe, for my tickets. I understand, though, that other people have a lot more choices.
Delta, American, and Jet Blue all have nonstops from JFK. Don't forget Boston, or any airline you want connecting from BDL HPN or PVD, or US out of HVN.

Back on topic-
I'm very interested to hear how upgrades / offers go on the TCons...
Old Mar 1, 2014, 6:47 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by mother-
Back on topic-
I'm very interested to hear how upgrades / offers go on the TCons...
Agreed. Also interested and glad this forum was started. Would prefer if this could stay on topic.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 6:56 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Originally Posted by DeltaWings
I'd be surprised if they changed that for these transcons.
If anything, the website now indicates that TCON flights will no longer be eligible for paid upgrades.

Last edited by lamont2718; Mar 2, 2014 at 11:07 am
Old Mar 1, 2014, 7:48 pm

Programs: DL-DM, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by TerryK
Do you receive MQD for $239? And, for 2015, do you receive MQM for $239?
I was not on the flt just walking past and wanted to look and report back to all. I was on my way to Vegas.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 7:51 pm

Programs: DL 360 Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
I am so happy to hear about this. I must have missed the fine print when they sent me my Diamond status again for 2014.

Am on the 1:45 pm flight from LAX to JFK tomorrow and just found out Delta no longer wants my M/Q/K fares up front. I was going to be traveling each week for at least the next year.

American and United are now getting my business. I bet they are loving the fact that the business traveler is coming to them now.

Delta made its choice. Now I am making mine with my wallet.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 12:13 am

Programs: DL DM; UA PLT
Originally Posted by HongKonger
Now there's a HVC!
Indeed. As opposed to getting no additional revenue and just putting you up there for free? I would consider anyone paying extra a HVC. More so than the free upgrade that you are expecting...

Whenever I buy up on a P, A or G fare...I am treated as a HVC.

Please don't be jealous of others. It's rather unbecoming.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 8:58 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by misinfobuster
Yes. I will be sure to report how great it is. I am so sick of the whining about all these changes. After diluting skyclubs, first class and the elite ranks for the past 15-20 years, I am happy to see Skymiles going the direction it is. It will finally be like it was in the mid 90s....quieter skyclubs and less people to bother me up front. If we could go back to those 800 mile certificates that would be even better and help rid of the upgrade entitlement mentality that is ingrained in this freaking forum.

When I travel it's always last minute and high priced fares. The changes are perfect for me.
It is hilarious that you believe this. Enjoy yourself though.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 9:05 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sterno24
Indeed. As opposed to getting no additional revenue and just putting you up there for free? I would consider anyone paying extra a HVC. More so than the free upgrade that you are expecting...

Whenever I buy up on a P, A or G fare...I am treated as a HVC.

Please don't be jealous of others. It's rather unbecoming.
I'm not jealous. I don't fly those routes and probably never will. My screen name should make that clear. And when I want J I buy it or UG from expensive YBM fares. I don't care whether DL gives out upgrades on that or any route. I've stated this many times. My point is that I find it laughable that DL is peddling this "more for our better customers" crap and people on here who consider themselves HVCs are lapping it up. They think the front cabin will be empty rather than filled with cheap paid gate UGs and non-revs. They think the SCs will be empty and calm rather than filled with Amex holders and Groupon buyers. That is the funny part.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised by the lack of reading comprehension on this forum but sometimes it is really stunning.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 10:19 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
I wouldn't hold my breath on $239 upgrades being the norm for TCON BE routes. It's the first flight of the first day of the new policy... more likely the GA screwed up. Especially given the new standby upgrade rules cited above that specifically exclude TCON BE, and even then the price is wrong.

(As a side note, I'd actually consider the availability of standby upgrade from LUT fares to be an improvement, though I can't see myself ever taking advantage of it.)
Old Mar 2, 2014, 11:44 pm

Flight 442. JFK-SEA. 2 March.

5 empty Biz seats 15 min until boarding per the Delta app. 2 when the door closed.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nepaltnf
I am on the 7pm JFK to SFO today. I had a FLL-MSP-SFO leg all in first this evening, but they told me I could grab a much earlier seat on an FLL-JFK (sat in first) and then a JFK SFO where there were 8 Biz still available. I switched up and was upgraded on both legs ahead of time. Then my FLL flight was delayed an hour and I missed my initial 4pm SFO departure, now I am on the 7, and the folks at Skyclub here were having trouble getting me onto the upgrade list, 8 biz class seats open again they say.

Just looked this up after having no luck with sky club and sure enough I am seeing this change now, should have kept my legs in first!

Will report back on any findings. (I imagine on oversold flights they will start doing op up's. Interested to see if anything happens with my Diamond status on this trip, luckily I don't fly this leg often anymore!
Are you saying there was a GIDS FC WL at the gate? How did you get the UG? EUA?
Old Mar 3, 2014, 3:27 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by ajg276
I will miss these upgrades. Just booked an overnight trip next week for $3,100, lowest available coach was $400ish. I usually had great luck buying M-fares and snagging the last seat available, using same day change, if needed.
Is this a joke? You really paid an extra $2,700 +/- to fly in BusinessElite on a domestic flight? Really? Wow.

No, this must be a joke.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 4:54 am

Sunday 3/2 - 6:45am SFO->JFK.

While boarding at T-30, FA told me to go ahead and put my bags up in the first (was in the bulkhead right after first) since only 6 seats were booked there would be plenty of space.

Somewhere over Utah i went up front to get my laptop. Sure enough, all but one of the seats were full. No mention of upgrades available when I was boarding (though only got to gate at T-35) Did Delta sell 17 last minute tickets?
Old Mar 3, 2014, 5:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by injera
Sunday 3/2 - 6:45am SFO->JFK.

While boarding at T-30, FA told me to go ahead and put my bags up in the first (was in the bulkhead right after first) since only 6 seats were booked there would be plenty of space.

Somewhere over Utah i went up front to get my laptop. Sure enough, all but one of the seats were full. No mention of upgrades available when I was boarding (though only got to gate at T-35) Did Delta sell 17 last minute tickets?
No it was full of non-revs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.