Wiki Posts
Search

Devious shena at SJC

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2014, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, SWA Styrofoam, Marriott Rew, SPG, HHonors
Devious shena at SJC

I'm on board a CR700 from SJC to SLC, sitting in 2C. About a quarter of the passengers seem to be employees, many crew in uniform deadheading home. The last passenger to board asks the FA to move me because I'm in his seat - she asks for my BP which, of course, assigns me 2C. The PX is loud and says "She upgraded me to that seat". The GA on board says "Let's go up there and straighten this out".
The moment they step out of the plane the FA closes the door, and the jetway looks like is is moving with the PX and GA still standing on it. I asked the FA what just happened and she tells me the guy was waiting around for an upgrade until he got one. Turns out the upgrade was for a later flight. So, it seems he got bumped without realizing it and a crew member got the seat. I just can't figure out how or why they let it play out so long by letting him board.

I'm pretty certain there's a very hot and red faced guy right now being told "Oh no sir - the later flight circumstances was explained to you in detail..."
Old Feb 17, 2014, 3:47 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
No shena. That guy farted around so long not boarding that he lost his assigned COACH seat. A funny story and thanks for sharing
Old Feb 17, 2014, 5:13 pm

Programs: DL ♦, Marriot Plt, NATL EE
Whats really funny is that the last flight out of SJC today is a CRJ-200 which of course doesnt have any seats to upgrade into
Old Feb 17, 2014, 5:31 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Medeski
Whats really funny is that the last flight out of SJC today is a CRJ-200 which of course doesnt have any seats to upgrade into
Sure it does - it is all first class!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.