Wiki Posts
Search

We need all 1st class pax to move

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2014, 5:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Nada!
We need all 1st class pax to move

On a flight from MSY to ATL yesterday, at boarding they asked all the passengers in 1st to sit behind row 30 for takeoff and then we could move back to first. Had a weight distribution problem. It was a 757 with about 50 people on board. I understand why they did it but still a little strange. Too many fat guys in first.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 6:35 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by sr_tipitinas
On a flight from MSY to ATL yesterday, at boarding they asked all the passengers in 1st to sit behind row 30 for takeoff and then we could move back to first. Had a weight distribution problem. It was a 757 with about 50 people on board. I understand why they did it but still a little strange. Too many fat guys in first.
Fo' Real?

I'm not worried about the F psgrs moving back to Y. I just haven't heard about a DL 757 with only 50 people on it in a long time. Wow!
Old Feb 16, 2014, 7:28 am

Programs: HH Diamond, DL plat, UA Silver, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold, National Executive
I flew MSY-ATL on Wednesday during the middle of the ice storm. Our plane had about 35 people on it, most were pilots and FA's being positioned back to ATL.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 7:34 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
If they didn't bring any PDBs back to Y, how much comp will you ask for?

Old Feb 16, 2014, 7:38 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by davetravels
If they didn't bring any PDBs back to Y, how much comp will you ask for?

That equation is easy. (Row Number in Coach) X $100

Since F passengers were asked to sit behind row 30 you'll make no less than $3,100 off of that skipped PDB.

Old Feb 16, 2014, 8:29 am

Unhappy

Originally Posted by sr_tipitinas
There are always too many fat guys in first. One of the most unhealthy appearing groups of people I encounter.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by emrdoc
There are always too many fat guys in first. One of the most unhealthy appearing groups of people I encounter.
Yup and they are usually the ones most concerned about the meal choice. I am 6'1 and 175 and get cereal or salad and don't even finish it yet I see these people wolf down the most unhealthy calorie-laden meals and then look for the snack basket!

The average male needs 2500 calories a day. I watch people eat 1500 just on the airplane. Get healthy.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 9:22 am

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by DontYouKnowWhoIAm
Yup and they are usually the ones most concerned about the meal choice. I am 6'1 and 175 and get cereal or salad and don't even finish it yet I see these people wolf down the most unhealthy calorie-laden meals and then look for the snack basket!
Good for you.

And if there is one thing FT needs, it's another thread that will devolve into fat bashing.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Thanks to all for sharing their thoughts on this subject.

RSSrsvp - Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.