Search

Skyclub refusing rebooking?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2014, 1:29 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Sabai
There are also large aircraft at LAX as well.
Originally Posted by Snidely Whiplash
Since no one gave you credit for your comment, let me just say

^
Old Feb 14, 2014, 1:44 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hertz Gold Plus, SPG Gold
I missed a flight today at BOS (totally my fault, I got to the airport at 2:00 for a 2:45 p.m. flight and got stuck in a hideous line at security). The SC agents were very helpful (as always) and absolutely were able to help me find alternate flight options. The PM line, on the other hand, told me a 15-20 minute wait and has still not called back now, an hour later.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by eturowski
I missed a flight today at BOS (totally my fault, I got to the airport at 2:00 for a 2:45 p.m. flight and got stuck in a hideous line at security). The SC agents were very helpful (as always) and absolutely were able to help me find alternate flight options. The PM line, on the other hand, told me a 15-20 minute wait and has still not called back now, an hour later.
Slightly OT, but register a complaint with TSA any time your wait at security takes longer than 10 minutes.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by TTT
Larger than some. I should have said larger stations though. The number of widebodies that fly through LAX should warrant a dedicated rebooking desk in the club.
Totally agree, but again, where are they going to put it, near the bathrooms? Maybe behind the bar.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by eturowski
No Pre√? Oh, e, after all we've talked about.

That said, I do so love the BOS SC agents. I'll miss them the most when I let my membership lapse in April.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 4:31 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by javabytes
I would be furiated.
Thanks jb, haven't heard that term in what, maybe a couple years now? Brought back some funny FT memories. Nice to have a little levity in what is otherwise a serious FT thread. ^
Old Feb 15, 2014, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by KevinDTW
I've also watched several times as people see that the line to enter the SC is not moving, so they just walk in and tell the agent as they pass by "I'm a Diamond." This has resulted in either a shrug from the agent or it has gotten the agent to check in the people waiting (because as soon as one person just walked in, everyone else in line was about to do the same thing).
Kind of surprised to hear about the long LAX SC lines so others can’t check in. I remember a time last year when there were three agents working an evening when LAX-SYD was canceled. That created massive lines but one of the entry agents was dedicated to only those trying to get into the lounge. Seems this is what they would have done this time since it worked well in the past.

Only guessing here, maybe because of the weather and other Mx/Cx issues, it was a lot more than just one flt so they used all the agents for flt change. Not good, but got to think this was a quirk situation.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 5:52 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, DL Diamond 2MM, PriorityPass, Hilton Honors Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It's strange that you were told to wait in line at the airport to have the ticket reissued. This could have been accomplished so easily remotely, without your taking a place in line and causing others who really needed to see an agent to experience even longer delays. The twitter team should have used some common sense and after you agreed to the rebooking, they should have either reissued the ticket or sent it to some top priority queue to be done immediately.

Of course, the whole issue could have been avoided if you had been able to call and have the ticket issued immediately by the DM/PM line.
When the re-issue is on a different airline, as implied by OP, it cannot be completed without a CSA in my experience.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 6:23 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by javabytes
I would be furiated. Perhaps the SC agents should just find a nearby pilot and have them scan boarding passes for passengers on their way in, then the SC agents can deal with flight assistance.
Originally Posted by Sez_Who
Thanks jb, haven't heard that term in what, maybe a couple years now? Brought back some funny FT memories. Nice to have a little levity in what is otherwise a serious FT thread. ^
I got a chuckle out of it as well

Where did that kid go? I haven't seen him post in a while.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 6:44 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by tkey75
No Pre√? Oh, e, after all we've talked about.

That said, I do so love the BOS SC agents. I'll miss them the most when I let my membership lapse in April.
So true on both counts.

Pre√ at BOS is always a snap for me, and others in my family (am I lucky, or is it just the timing of Delta 230?).

Curbside to SC in 10-12 minutes (sometimes less, it seems).
Old Feb 15, 2014, 7:49 am

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
I got a chuckle out of it as well

Where did that kid go? I haven't seen him post in a while.
He'll be back around summer break. Maybe even for a bit around spring break.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 8:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by james318
He'll be back around summer break. Maybe even for a bit around spring break.
Hopefully he's hard at work studying.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 8:24 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Hopefully he's hard at work studying.
...and not trying to get any GA'S fired cause a pilot was scanning BP'S. Oh the good ole days
Old Feb 15, 2014, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
...and not trying to get any GA'S fired cause a pilot was scanning BP'S. Oh the good ole days
Yes, they were funny funny times. Uh oh, now that reminds me of Lizbeth...
Old Feb 15, 2014, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by Sez_Who
Yes, they were funny funny times. Uh oh, now that reminds me of Lizbeth...

Back on topic,,,

For those who hate lines to access the SC, just wait til May 1, when the agents have to process all those $29 payments

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.