VIP Select

Old Feb 9, 2014, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, MM United MM, Marriott P for life
VIP Select

Has anyone tried VIP Select? And, if so, how to you sign up?

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2014/0...ntcmp=HPBucket
Old Feb 9, 2014, 12:15 pm

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
Originally Posted by Bob111
Has anyone tried VIP Select? And, if so, how to you sign up?

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2014/0...ntcmp=HPBucket

VIP Select is a product offered by Delta Air lines. However, the product is currently only available to specific corporations and travel management companies for use by their clients. They do not have any "current plans" to expand the service, or widen the eligibility criteria.

YMMV
Old Nov 2, 2015, 1:26 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Your Question About Delta's VIP Select

I am very familiar with this service and book it for clients very often. It's similar to AA's 5 Star, however Delta's program offers much more personalized service. Did you have a specific question about the service? Most likely I will be able to answer it.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 2:02 pm

Let's say you had an important client coming to town. Is it possible to just add and pay for it or is this strictly something the booking travel agent needs to setup?
Old Nov 2, 2015, 5:30 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, 20 Years Top Tier on DL, UA 1K, AC E75k, MR/SPG Lifetime Platinum
If the client was really important you would fly them private. This "VIP" product seems like a joke (at least from the Fox news article).

This article is also funny:

http://www.businessinsider.com/delta...parazzi-2015-6

"Complimentary access to the elite SkyClub". Woo-hoo. Jim Beam anyone? LOL.

Trying flying LH or EK F these days. Now *THAT* is a "VIP" experience. And no, I am not a "VIP".

TFD
Old Nov 3, 2015, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by motytrah
Let's say you had an important client coming to town. Is it possible to just add and pay for it or is this strictly something the booking travel agent needs to setup?
You need the passenger's flight confirmation number to book it. Also, depending on whether it's arrival or departure, you'll need additional information regarding car service info, etc. Easiest to book it through one of the concierge companies that deal with this regularly.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 3:32 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Anyone can use this

Originally Posted by motytrah

Yes, you can add this service.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jackplum
VIP Select is a product offered by Delta Air lines. However, the product is currently only available to specific corporations and travel management companies for use by their clients. They do not have any "current plans" to expand the service, or widen the eligibility criteria. YMMV
examples of which travel management companies ?
Old Nov 5, 2016, 1:20 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

You no longer need to use a travel management company or go through your corp travel dept to use this service. I'm fairly certain its been available to the public for over a year. However unlike AA's 5 Star and United's new Butler service Delta chooses not to heavily advertise the service as it would strain their resources. In my opinion they are targeting high rev passengers who are buying F and J tickets. As most of these passengers pay for first and/or business or fly private earning elite status really means nothing to them. The service is available to anyone willing to pay for it and in my opinion it equates to basicly just buying a medallion status higher than anything that can be earned on a per flight basis. I book this for our CEO all the time just for those reasons. Last week alone I booked the service for him 7 times. For a busy executive or a high profile individual this service reall is the best out there. Prior to using VIP Select we tried several contractors and none of them were able to come close to providing the level of service that Delta provides.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Now I know what was going on when a group of three F pax on DL 1209, Oct. 23, was met by a Porsche Cayenne SUV at the bottom of the ATL jetway stairs and driven off to somewhere. Probably just to their connecting flight. Thanks, Bob111!
Old Nov 5, 2016, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
I've used VIP Select several times over the past few years; it keeps getting better and better. I think Delta is still figuring out how to grow and market the service without completely pissing off existing HVCs who don't use or need it though.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 10:04 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
I've used VIP Select several times over the past few years; it keeps getting better and better. I think Delta is still figuring out how to grow and market the service without completely pissing off existing HVCs who don't use or need it though.
What are the current list of perks? Any reason to get it as a DM?

Have a trip coming up with connections in ATL and LAX; might be a nice addition! (Though, as a DM, a possible Porsche ride between gates might be the only perk?)
Old Nov 6, 2016, 6:41 am

Programs: DL, Hilton, National
Does anyone know if the VIP service can be booked where JFK or LAX is the connection?
So that the party would be picked up off the connecting flight, taken to the sky club, and then brought to the final flight?
XXX-JFK-YYY, for example?

Last edited by paterwdb; Jan 13, 2018 at 10:02 pm Reason: Changed.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 10:03 pm

Programs: DL, Hilton, National
bump for edited question above.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 8:14 am

Can anyone provide an email address or phone number to book this service....if this service is indeed available to the public.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.