Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Narita honolulu flights cancelled 2/8/14

Old Feb 8, 2014, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, UA 1K

Both flights from Narita to Honolulu were cancelled on Saturday. Although 4
inches of snow in Tokyo, other airlines were not affected. Anyone know reason why.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 4:52 pm

Programs: Delta PM 1MM™, Alaska MVPG75K, Marriott LTTE, United SE, Hertz PC, National EE
NRT was a mess all day - I barely made it out on UA last night. It snowed hard in the mid-afternoon, so lots of tpac flights diverted to places like NGO, KIX, etc. then there was a backup because the snow turned to rain and the wind kicked up, reducing visibility. When the sun set, it turned back to snow and the problems just compounded. They even extended the normal 11pm curfew to 1am and then again to 2am at NRT.

So, to directly answer your question: it was likely aircraft availability and/or the curfew. But there were plenty of flights canceled among all airlines - not just DL.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 8:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM; LH FT (*A Silver); Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite; Starwood Corporate Preferred
American canceled one of their DFW flights - but the other as well as ORD and LAX went. So it is definitely random. I guess they expect things to be better tomorrow.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.