Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Seahawks EWR-SEA charter diverted to MSP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seahawks EWR-SEA charter diverted to MSP

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2014, 8:03 pm

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
And while we're here talking about the Seahawks, for folks who missed this thread over in TravelBuzz...super cool move by Boeing:
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/BOE12

And back on topic the DL charter SEA-EWR out to the game:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22260611-post23.html
Old Feb 3, 2014, 8:12 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Silver
No Woodford on the catering chart? Remind me never to win a Super Bowl if that's the punishment!
Old Feb 3, 2014, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by realjd
No Woodford on the catering chart? Remind me never to win a Super Bowl if that's the punishment!
A crap ton of milk though. Mr. T would approve.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 8:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by realjd
No hard alcohol at all. Just light beer and wine. In fact, not much beer and wine for the number of meals that were ordered. Could the players be prohibited from consuming alcohol on the team charter flights?
Old Feb 3, 2014, 8:41 pm

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Sky Club
Originally Posted by Traveller
What else could it be?
Perhaps coach Carroll and some of his team had to check in with their parole officers. .
Old Feb 3, 2014, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
DELTA -- the plurals are not "cranberry's", "nut's" and "seed's".
Also, is it "M&M's" or "M&Ms" ? Maybe even "M&Ms TM" ?

Last edited by relangford; Feb 3, 2014 at 8:53 pm
Old Feb 4, 2014, 7:13 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Prem Exec
Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
OK, I can't stand it --

DELTA -- the plurals are not "cranberry's", "nut's" and "seed's".

Thank you.
[Insert quip about Georgia education system here]

I kid -- people from every part of the country seem have problems with the correct usage of apostrophe's.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 7:48 am

I like that the Catering Managers surname is Redwine. It's like he was born to do VIP catering.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 8:18 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Originally Posted by TheMoose

I kid -- people from every part of the country seem have problems with the correct usage of apostrophe's.
+1

Old Feb 4, 2014, 8:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TheMoose

Some People also like to insert lots of Capital letters at Random on forms and signs.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 7:09 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, UA, HA, DL
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Are there regular size coach seats on these team charter aircraft? We can count the meals, but some of these guys might eat more than one serving.

The Eagles charter to SEA last year was a standard A332 and it looks like some self catering was involved.

Old Feb 4, 2014, 7:25 pm

Programs: DL DM Charter, 2.9MM; 2019 PM and falling; Kettle everywhere else
Their snack basket is better than my snack basket.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Could it be a fuel stop? A half hour isn't much time for refueling or especially to attend to a mechanical problem. If the diversion is medical or to kick off a rowdy passenger, I wouldn't have expected them to plan it so far in advance of landing rather than landing at the next airport on their planned route that can accept a 767. I was about to guess that this would mean DTW, but their flight path looks north of PIT and DTW, with a bulls eye to MSP.

It will be interesting to see whether local news picks this up.
Originally Posted by Hornet1455
A fuel stop on a 763 going transcon? No way. I bet it's a timed-out crew that needs to swap out. If you look at the differences between departure times as reported by DL.dumb and FlightAware, that looks like about a 2-hour taxi out. That might just be enough to time out the crews.

DL8878 is diverting to SLC and DL8877 is diverting to DTW. These are staff & cheerleader charters, I believe.

Not surprisingly, our friends over at A.net are discussing this too: http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo....main/5986372/
EWR must be having weather delays. Different diversions might make it easier to round up extra 767 pilots. Still, it would have been fun to see a convoy of three or four 767s divert to MSP today, where the weather is cold but fine.
This is a comment i ran into on website geared to current/former airline employees

"They fuel stopped...one in MSP, one in DTW, and one in SLC... The headwinds plus contaminated runways in EWR did not allow for a full payload and fuel all the way to SEA."
Old Feb 4, 2014, 10:26 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier, AA Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Sixt Plat
Delta forgot to put some Skittles as part of the candy for Beast Mode...

It's just bout those skittles, boss.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.