Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Sky Club and Am Ex Platinum Cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2014, 7:06 am
Original Poster

I thought I saw posts here about the Platinum cards not being usable to enter certain airline clubs after March 31, but can't find them now, and don't recall if it included Delta clubs.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AMEX Plat card holders lose access to American and US Clubs on March 22nd.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ar-2014-a.html

Delta still allows access, but now requires card holders to pay $29 per non-cardholder guest (up to 2 permitted). The card holder themselves still have free access.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 8:34 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
Charges for guests in DL clubs w/ AMEX Plat. don't go into effect until 5/1.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 3:40 pm

Showed up JFK delta lounge on July 2 with my platinum card willing to pay the $29 daily fee for my family members and was told they were not selling daily passes. Kind of comical that it's a crap shoot on whether you can buy your way in or not. Not worth the embarressment.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by tamboer5
Showed up JFK delta lounge on July 2 with my platinum card willing to pay the $29 daily fee for my family members and was told they were not selling daily passes. Kind of comical that it's a crap shoot on whether you can buy your way in or not. Not worth the embarressment.
Was the club crowded? IIRC the rules have always stated that guest access could be restricted during peak times, but this would be the first time I've ever heard of them actually turning paid access away.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 8:00 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hertz 5*, SPG
Originally Posted by gooselee
Was the club crowded? IIRC the rules have always stated that guest access could be restricted during peak times, but this would be the first time I've ever heard of them actually turning paid access away.
That would be really embarrassing if you were there with business clients. But, I'm guessing that is where DL would tell you that you need to have the "executive" membership (or that it's part of the recent enhancements).
Old Jul 16, 2014, 10:03 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
I'd complain if I were you
Old Jul 17, 2014, 12:54 am

Programs: DL Diamond
I'm pretty sure the club is still under construction/being remodeled. It's crowded under normal circumstances, so I would guess that they're limiting who can come in due to the construction.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...struction.html
Old Jul 17, 2014, 9:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I was in the JFK T2 SC recently and it was horrible: people were hovering like vultures over those who had seats. It looked old, worn, and dirty.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 3:20 pm

Not sure how crowded it was though it didn't appear so from the check in area. I did complain to Amex and they said that they would give me a thousand membership miles for me being inconvenienced. They did seem surprised at Amex that daily guest passes were not being offered for sale.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 3:32 pm

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
[QUOTE=MSPeconomist;23212039 It looked old, worn, and dirty.[/QUOTE]

Must have reminded you of being on those old dirty and worn NW airplanes.......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.