Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Change Fees Should Count Towards MQDs

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2014, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, Delta PM, *wood Ambassador Plat, Marriott Self-Imposed Exile
Change Fees Should Count Towards MQDs

I totally get that delta wants to add a layer of profitability to their medallion tiering. what i don't understand is why change fees are not a part of the equation. my recent BOS:CVG:SFO:MSP:BOS trips garnered $134 in MQDs, even though my total cost of tickets was north of $700 (inclusive of a $200 change fee). change fees are straight profit and should totally be counted...

makes no sense to me.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 12:33 pm

Programs: Diamond Medallion, Kryptonium Medallion, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Then they should also accept bag fees, EC fees and any other fee they charge and dont allow us to use vouchers for....so I agree with this post
Old Jan 30, 2014, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
How did you end up at 134 MQDs? Subtracting out the $200 change fee and maybe another $75 in taxes, 134 still isn't in the ballpark...? You're a PM, so presumably wouldn't pay for EC or baggage in most cases...
Old Jan 30, 2014, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, Delta PM, *wood Ambassador Plat, Marriott Self-Imposed Exile
Originally Posted by javabytes
How did you end up at 134 MQDs? Subtracting out the $200 change fee and maybe another $75 in taxes, 134 still isn't in the ballpark...? You're a PM, so presumably wouldn't pay for EC or baggage in most cases...
since i book through a corporate site i dont get breakdowns of cost. i can log in and just see grand total (inclusive of fees, change fares, etc)
Old Jan 30, 2014, 1:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by boston aa flyer
since i book through a corporate site i dont get breakdowns of cost. i can log in and just see grand total (inclusive of fees, change fares, etc)
Could this have started as a consolidator fare or something similar? Or would it have been changed several times?
Old Jan 30, 2014, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Sounds like you got hosed on the MQDs. Even with 200 in change fees, that leaves 500 for the ticket, so you should've been north of 400 MQDs.

I'm still trying to get a ticket from earlier this month corrected. MQDs posted for a value that doesn't seem to correlate to anything, except for being incorrect.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 1:14 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What about YQ/YR on award tickets? For tickets paid with money, YQ/YR does earn MQDs.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What about YQ/YR on award tickets? For tickets paid with money, YQ/YR does earn MQDs.
Amen.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 1:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO/KM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by JulienMSP
Then they should also accept bag fees, EC fees and any other fee they charge and dont allow us to use vouchers for....so I agree with this post
There was a thread on here a month or so ago from one of the official DL Reps - I can't find the thread but I found the DL page saying that EC fees and Preferred Seat fees WILL count towards MQDs. Doesn't say if bag fees will. Odd part is all Medallions receive complimentary preferred seats, so preferred seat fees counting towards MQDs would only benefit non-elites trying to get to elite status.
http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...n-dollars.html
Old Jan 30, 2014, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by FlyDeltaJets87
There was a thread on here a month or so ago from one of the official DL Reps - I can't find the thread but I found the DL page saying that EC fees and Preferred Seat fees WILL count towards MQDs. Doesn't say if bag fees will. Odd part is all Medallions receive complimentary preferred seats, so preferred seat fees counting towards MQDs would only benefit non-elites trying to get to elite status.
http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...n-dollars.html
Yeah, I would expect DL not to give MQMs for kettle fees, just as kettles don't get rollover. Otherwise it's too easy for almost anyone who travels to get elite (FO) status every few years.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Key update:

So i finally got around to calling them. apparently, change fees will count... HOWEVER -- you have to call them after you have flown and they will then apply the rest of the dollars. apparently it will take 48-72 hours. once it gets fixed, i will update the numbers for everyone.

Last edited by boston aa flyer; Feb 2, 2014 at 4:53 am
Old Feb 1, 2014, 6:59 pm

So i finally got around to calling them. apparently, change fares will count... HOWEVER -- you have to call them after you have flown and they will then apply the rest of the dollars. apparently it will take 48-72 hours. once it gets fixed, i will update the numbers for everyone.
Change fares? Do you mean the fare difference (which should count) or the change fee?
Old Feb 2, 2014, 4:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Change fares? Do you mean the fare difference (which should count) or the change fee?
my apologies... Change Fees.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 7:08 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
So i finally got around to calling them. apparently, change fees will count... HOWEVER -- you have to call them after you have flown and they will then apply the rest of the dollars. apparently it will take 48-72 hours. once it gets fixed, i will update the numbers for everyone.
Nice to know and to know that we have to make a call. Thanks.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 8:07 am

Programs: Delta PM, Diamond Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by mot29
Nice to know and to know that we have to make a call. Thanks.
Thanks for the tip! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.