Old Jan 28, 2014, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
ATL-DFW Tomorrow - 9 am

Will I make it?
Old Jan 28, 2014, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Looks like all flights after 5:20 tonight are canceled. The first one tomorrow morning is canceled because it was using the AC coming in on the last flight tonight...
Old Jan 28, 2014, 1:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by MichaelKade
Looks like all flights after 5:20 tonight are canceled. The first one tomorrow morning is canceled because it was using the AC coming in on the last flight tonight...
It's hard to believe that DL won't have some aircraft in ATL. They could sub something if they wanted to do so, but at the cost of later having to possibly do some repositioning. Either DL is expecting bad weather in the morning or they've just decided that, given the available rebooking options, other flights have higher priority.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 4:19 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It's hard to believe that DL won't have some aircraft in ATL. They could sub something if they wanted to do so, but at the cost of later having to possibly do some repositioning. Either DL is expecting bad weather in the morning or they've just decided that, given the available rebooking options, other flights have higher priority.
... um have u checked the weather in the Southeast or do u just respond to anything with your theories? Dl is experiencing MASSIVE irrops at its biggest hub. It will take days to recover
Old Jan 28, 2014, 4:40 pm

Programs: DL PM Reserve
Being the biggest hub, the big problem here will be ATL based crews not being able to make it to the airport due to impassable, iced over roads tonight/tomorrow morning. Same thing happened with the ice storm we had 3 years ago.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 4:43 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by ATL787
Being the biggest hub, the big problem here will be ATL based crews not being able to make it to the airport due to impassable, iced over roads tonight/tomorrow morning. Same thing happened with the ice storm we had 3 years ago.
Bingo. It's NOWHERE NEAR AS SIMPLE as Wheeling up a new md88.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 5:06 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG AMB, National EE
ATL-DFW Tomorrow - 9 am

FWIW both early flights from IND - ATL are cancelled. The one landing at 10am is still on (as of now). I give my chances of making a noon meeting in Alpharetta about 20% right now.

Ps- The early FL (WN) flight on this route hasn't been cancelled yet. Surely they must be affected as well - or is DLs scale in situations like this its Achilles heel?
Old Jan 28, 2014, 5:26 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by bubbashow
... um have u checked the weather in the Southeast or do u just respond to anything with your theories? Dl is experiencing MASSIVE irrops at its biggest hub. It will take days to recover
2nd part is SOP.

To the OP. Don't hold your breath...
Old Jan 28, 2014, 6:36 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, National Exec
I just moved my DFW-ATL 7:15am departure back to 1:30. I know the AC is already here in DFW (according to FlightAware) but I'd rather not have to deal with the morning headaches that have rolled over from today.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

Yeah there are several options available for me in the afternoon tomorrow. As others have said my primary concern is GETTING to the airport tomorrow. Marta likely won't be operational.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

I must say what the city is currently experiencing seems to be equally attributable to everyone hitting the roads at 1:00 PM vs staggered 3:30-6:00 rush hour we normally have.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 7:29 pm

Programs: DL PM Reserve
Originally Posted by lsugolfer
I just moved my DFW-ATL 7:15am departure back to 1:30. I know the AC is already here in DFW (according to FlightAware) but I'd rather not have to deal with the morning headaches that have rolled over from today.
JMHO, but depending on how you plan on getting around ATL tomorrow, you might want to think about delaying that trip another day.

The high tomorrow will be 33 degrees F at around 2pm. Seeing as I just walked up to N Decatur Rd and skated across the frozen slush covering 4 lanes of the road, I am just guessing that most roads in ATL will be impassable on January 29th.

Just wanted to give you a heads up. Otherwise, welcome to Atlanta.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ATL787
JMHO, but depending on how you plan on getting around ATL tomorrow, you might want to think about delaying that trip another day.
That may be what ends up happening, but it's only a two day trip with meetings on both days... The critical ones are Thursday so it IS an option, but I'm on the 6:30 back to ATL Thursday night.

Driving from Alpharetta to North Springs (N11) then taking the train the rest of the way. Maybe.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 8:08 pm

people are still stuck in traffic it's absolutely insane. taking 6 hours to get from the Northside of town to the South
Old Jan 28, 2014, 8:10 pm

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by MichaelKade
Will I make it?
You might, but your flight probably won't.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.