Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ATL-DFW Tomorrow - 9 am

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2014, 8:19 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
I'm in the same boat, but heading home on DL128 SEA-ATL, departing 8:25am and arriving 3:32pm. It's still showing as On-Time, but I'm skeptical. Given the waiver is already in place, I'm considering positioning to SLC, MSP, DTW, or even LAX or JFK to give myself more options for getting into ATL later tomorrow or on Thursday. Anyone think it's worth it, or should I just wait and take my chances direct SEA-ATL?
Old Jan 28, 2014, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by azeckel
FWIW both early flights from IND - ATL are cancelled. The one landing at 10am is still on (as of now). I give my chances of making a noon meeting in Alpharetta about 20% right now.

Ps- The early FL (WN) flight on this route hasn't been cancelled yet. Surely they must be affected as well - or is DLs scale in situations like this its Achilles heel?
Landing at 10. You won't even be close by noon. Time to cancel that meeting.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 9:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG AMB, National EE
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter
Landing at 10. You won't even be close by noon. Time to cancel that meeting.
Yup. Meeting cancelled. Flight refunded. Oh well. That makes 2 trips out of 4 this year cancelled and refunded due to weather. #nevergonnakeepdiamondatthispace
Old Jan 28, 2014, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by azeckel
Yup. Meeting cancelled. Flight refunded. Oh well. That makes 2 trips out of 4 this year cancelled and refunded due to weather. #nevergonnakeepdiamondatthispace
Yep, but you won't get to spend 2 hours going 2 miles in Atlanta either
Old Jan 28, 2014, 9:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
I'm in the same boat, but heading home on DL128 SEA-ATL, departing 8:25am and arriving 3:32pm. It's still showing as On-Time, but I'm skeptical. Given the waiver is already in place, I'm considering positioning to SLC, MSP, DTW, or even LAX or JFK to give myself more options for getting into ATL later tomorrow or on Thursday. Anyone think it's worth it, or should I just wait and take my chances direct SEA-ATL?
MSP is expected to be a mess Thursday morning with over four inches of snow predicted. If you spend tomorrow night (Wednesday) here, don't plan to get out early on Thursday. There will be delays, but nothing like a meltdown except due to problems at ATL.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
So I ended up moving to the 1:47...which is still in Atlanta.

Plane is here, Pilot/FO still here and have not timed out (yet) but we have no FAs. Currently shows delayed until 5:25, but with no FAs in sight I'm predicting a 6 P.M or later departure... :-(

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.