Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

MQDs combine from multiple Amex Plat cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2014, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM

I was wondering about this and searched here first, then went digging on dl.com.

It seems to me that if you have 2 DL Plat Amex cards (one biz and one personal), you will be exempt from the moment your combined spend goes over 25K.

It's a pleasantly, non-irritating aspect of this program.

The counter on the website is definitely only showing one card, so I suppose it might require a call or tweet to get it applied, but that seems pretty clear from the rules, right?

Anyone have any experience with this yet? (or is it too early in the year?)

The exact wording is:

Originally Posted by DL.com
Eligible Purchases made by Additional Card Members on the Basic Card Member’s Eligible Card will count toward the Eligible Purchase threshold. For purposes of calculating the Eligible Purchase threshold, Eligible Purchases will be combined across multiple Eligible Cards of the Basic Card Member if those Card accounts are linked to the same SkyMiles number. Eligible Cards are the following: Delta SkyMiles Options Credit Card, Delta SkyMiles Credit Card, Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card, Platinum Delta SkyMiles, Delta Reserve Credit Card, Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card, Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card, Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card and Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card from American Express. This benefit extends to Basic Card Members only (Additional Card Members are not eligible). Offer terms and conditions subject to change.
link is here
Old Jan 25, 2014, 10:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Are both of your DL AmEx cards linked to your DL FF account?

If so, I'd call and try to get the spending correctly credited soon so that you don't discover something later that makes you wish you had put all of your spending on one card.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

They are.
And I will ask about it next time I'm on the phone.

Both cards will eventually cross the threshold -- and the truth is it only matters if you're going to bump up a level early in the year (possible, but by no means sure for me).

I will post here if/when I get anymore definitive information, but I do think the T&C are pretty clear.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist

If so, I'd call and try to get the spending correctly credited soon so that you don't discover something later that makes you wish you had put all of your spending on one card.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 1:26 pm

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
you don't get the 10k MQM this way, do you?
Old Jan 25, 2014, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

You mean the bumps? No.

Definitely not.

Originally Posted by mrredskin
you don't get the 10k MQM this way, do you?
Old Feb 1, 2014, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Confirmed

Just got this reply from DL "medallion desk":

Originally Posted by DL reply to Contact Us
Customers with multiple Delta SkyMiles Credit Cards from American
Express will have Eligible Purchases combined across all cards linked to
the Card Member's SkyMiles account. So yes, you should be able to reach
the $25,000 threshold quicker because of the ability to combine the
balances of the two cards.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 11:31 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by remyontheroad
Just got this reply from DL "medallion desk":
This doesn't address the apparent error that the OP is only seeing spending from a single DL AmEx card on delta.dumb. Or is the procedure supposed to be that when you think you've hit $25,000 combined on multiple AmEx DL cards linked to your DL FF account, you must call either AmEx or DL?
Old Feb 1, 2014, 1:30 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
In a similar note....does anyone know if spend from supplementary cards counts to your MQD? IE: Issuing a friend a supplementary reserve card from my account, will his spend count to my MQD?
Old Feb 1, 2014, 3:21 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Secondary cards credit to the primary cardholder's account for AMEX spend on DL
Old Feb 1, 2014, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

It actually turns out that it might be accurately reflecting both cards.

I was looking at the statement balance of one of the cards, and not thinking about the fact that only about $200 of it was dated in Jan., so with the rounding it was hard to tell, but now I think it's an accurate combined total.

This doesn't address the apparent error that the OP is only seeing spending from a single DL AmEx card on delta.dumb. Or is the procedure supposed to be that when you think you've hit $25,000 combined on multiple AmEx DL cards linked to your DL FF account, you must call either AmEx or DL?

This is my experience with the MQM bump, and understanding for the waiver, as well.

Originally Posted by SuperG1955
Secondary cards credit to the primary cardholder's account for AMEX spend on DL
Old Feb 1, 2014, 6:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler

Yep and you should see this at AMEX:

Well maybe not the Diamond part
Old Feb 1, 2014, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by Delta Points
Yep and you should see this at AMEX:

Well maybe not the Diamond part
Huh? I'm DM and have been from the beginning (charter DM), earlier than you.....and my SkyMiles number doesn't start with a 2 either.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:05 am

Old thread I know, but figured I'd post here with the context. Just want to distill/clarify 2 questions re: Multiple Cards.. let me know if this is correct:

For MQD waiver: can combine spend from all cards linked to that SM#, i.e. a Pers DL Plat and Biz DL Plat (or for that matter to be ultra clear, a Personal DL Plat and Biz DL Reserve). Once combined spend across cards goes over 25k, you are MQD exempt.

For Mileage Boost: this is *per card*? i.e. if I have Pers DL Plat and Biz DL Plat and put 15k on personal and 11k on Biz, i will *not* receive mileage boost MQM/SkyMiles?

(some of us need things spelled out niiiice and sloooooooooowly .. TIA )
Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:20 am

Correct.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.