Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Promotion: Free Gold Medallion Status, Sky Club Membership and 50,000 Miles

Old Jan 21, 14, 12:19 pm
used to be 'Flyfarfar'
Original Poster

Programs: DL, AA, SPG, MR, HGP, IHG

Promotion: Free Gold Medallion Status, Sky Club Membership and 50,000 Miles After Purchasing a BusinessElite ticket.

I posted about their offer last week giving away Platinum Medallion status but now Delta has a similar offer that only offers Gold Medallion and 50,000 miles.

This appears to be targeted as well but you can see all the details here that I wrote about.

Details of this offer include:

Register before March 31, 2014, to receive:

• 60 days of complimentary Gold Medallion status.
• 60 days of complimentary Delta Sky Club membership.

To help you hold onto the perks that you richly deserve, all you have to do is book one BusinessElite ticket and fly within 60 days of registration, and you’ll earn:

• Gold Medallion status through February 2015.
• Delta Sky Club membership for an additional 10 months.
• 50,000 bonus miles.
Old Jan 21, 14, 12:33 pm

Wonder if we'll see the FO+25K miles and DM+200K miles offers coming soon...
Old Jan 21, 14, 12:34 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Plat. Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat. Hilton Plat. US Airways, Starwood Gold, Avis Pres
Appears to be NY Targeted again.
Old Jan 21, 14, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Updates to Delta Sky Club membership Options

"Even with more than $50 million in investments over the last several years, to renovate and expand seating in existing Clubs and build new Delta Sky Clubs across the system, our customers, including many of you on FlyerTalk, tell us the Clubs can be overcrowded.

To alleviate this problem and maintain the more exclusive atmosphere our Club members continue to tell us they expect, we are making changes to the Delta Sky Club program."

And those changes include.... one year's free Sky Club membership for taking one business class flight.

Which is worse? That Virginia Ave may not recognize the hypocrisy? Or, that they don't care if you recognize the hypocrisy?
Old Jan 21, 14, 1:03 pm

Programs: Delta PM, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter View Post
Updates to Delta Sky Club membership Options

"Even with more than $50 million in investments over the last several years, to renovate and expand seating in existing Clubs and build new Delta Sky Clubs across the system, our customers, including many of you on FlyerTalk, tell us the Clubs can be overcrowded.

To alleviate this problem and maintain the more exclusive atmosphere our Club members continue to tell us they expect, we are making changes to the Delta Sky Club program."

And those changes include.... one year's free Sky Club membership for taking one business class flight.

Which is worse? That Virginia Ave may not recognize the hypocrisy? Or, that they don't care if you recognize the hypocrisy?
This is a targeted offer. How many people will cash in on one year's free Sky Club membership for taking one business class flight?
Old Jan 21, 14, 1:12 pm

Its not just a business class flight...its a business elite flight isn't it?

more expensive than a normal business flight
Old Jan 21, 14, 1:15 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hertz Gold Plus, SPG Gold
I don't suppose these NY-targeted offers have anything to do with the recently disclosed fact that JFK is a very unprofitable airport for DL.
Old Jan 21, 14, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dk240t View Post
This is a targeted offer. How many people will cash in on one year's free Sky Club membership for taking one business class flight?
Apparently DL must hope that a lot will... otherwise why put the effort into organizing the promo? Would they offer the incentive if they expected it to fall flat?

I don't care if it is 1, 100, or 1000 folks who take advantage of it.

While I support their alleged efforts to relieve overcrowding, announcing two incentive programs on the heels of the January 10 announcement, incentives that provide a year's membership for a trip that most folks would have taken without the incentive anyway, is just poor form. Another example of PR tone-deafness.
Old Jan 21, 14, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CabinCaptive View Post
Wonder if we'll see the FO+25K miles and DM+200K miles offers coming soon...
Didn't you get the Delta Private Jets e-mail offer?

Take two charter flights and they give you your own Sky Club.

Old Jan 21, 14, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Sorry to say that I am not eligible for offer at this time. Maybe next time.
Old Jan 21, 14, 1:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It would be interesting to know how this was targeted, with some getting PM and IIRC 100,000 or a free RT BE low ticket to Europe and others just GM and 50,000 miles or a bit more than a domestic RT low award ticket in FC. If these offers are going to nonelites, DL has no way to know much about their travel patterns or chances of becoming a HVC.
Old Jan 21, 14, 1:40 pm

Programs: DL PM as of 12/8/2016
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter View Post

While I support their alleged efforts to relieve overcrowding, announcing two incentive programs on the heels of the January 10 announcement, incentives that provide a year's membership for a trip that most folks would have taken without the incentive anyway, is just poor form. Another example of PR tone-deafness.
This. Way to go DL! If I was a GM, I'd be pissed that someone could achieve the same status as me by taking one international biz class flight. Essentially they're saying you can buy GM for $4,000-5,000. Lovely! That's the MQD$ level for 2015 status right? Doubt that's a coincidence.
Old Jan 21, 14, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
It would be interesting to know how this was targeted, with some getting PM and IIRC 100,000 or a free RT BE low ticket to Europe and others just GM and 50,000 miles or a bit more than a domestic RT low award ticket in FC. If these offers are going to nonelites, DL has no way to know much about their travel patterns or chances of becoming a HVC.
Perhaps based off the databases full of profile information that DL has on us... you know the demographic, lifestyle, income, house values, discretionary spend etc?
Old Jan 21, 14, 1:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by rylan View Post
Perhaps based off the databases full of profile information that DL has on us... you know the demographic, lifestyle, income, house values, discretionary spend etc?
Yes, all that highly accurate info even for elites......

I'm also surprised that the offer is a SC membership rather than SC access when flying DL. Someone could take the membership and use it when flying other carriers, either for 60 days or the full year after a single BE flight.
Old Jan 21, 14, 1:58 pm

Programs: Delta FO
I just hope its not targeted to Mormons, LOL.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: