Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Restrooms no longer separated by cabin?

Restrooms no longer separated by cabin?

Old Jan 21, 2014, 3:31 pm

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Sky Club
Originally Posted by Beckles
I think the reality is that during beverage service on a narrow-body aircraft in particular allowing coach passengers seated forward of the beverage carts is an operational expedient.
This is very true.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by davetravels
A CO FA once told me that it was against FAA regulations to go to the lav in my socks.***

***After all the horror stories I've read here, I simply don't do that any more!
Thank you, Mr. Depardieu. http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...w-asks-him-to/
Old Jan 22, 2014, 2:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Once a Silver uses it, I am not sure if it could be cleaned well enough for the likes of me...
Old Jan 22, 2014, 7:02 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb./LTP
I also normally see the curtain closed and haven't seen anyone try to cross it (though that would make for an exciting altercation, I'm sure!). Also flew F on Monday in a CRJ700 where there's only one lavatory at the back. Surely DL doesn't expect F passengers to hold their bladders for the course of the flight
Old Jan 22, 2014, 10:55 pm

Programs: DL FO, AA
Originally Posted by 13thandseven
flew F on Monday in a CRJ700 where there's only one lavatory at the back.
Rulez is rulez. Use the lav in your class of service. If there isn't one, sad day for you.

This thread is kind-of silly. The whole thing about security makes no sense to me; many of the 9/11 hijackers were sitting in first. I think the "rule" has at its core nothing to do with class of service, but rather preventing people congregating by the flight deck door. That is all. The airline may choose to couch it as one of the class envy/warfare things, but that isn't the real reason behind the intent.

Last edited by Madrugada; Jan 22, 2014 at 11:06 pm
Old Jan 24, 2014, 7:23 pm

Who Cares

Seriously, who cares if someone from coach uses FC lav or vice-verse. Let's just start using the defibrillators on them...shame on those coach passengers...shame...LOL.

Oh, but I paid to be special and that is my bathroom and people from coach are more dirty.

I can see if it was a long line, but I'm hearing people complain about one person.

Funny....
Old Jan 24, 2014, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by flyerslc
My pet peeve is when they use the beverage cart instead of the lav.
As in:

Gerard Finneran
Old Jan 24, 2014, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by WhoCares101
I can see if it was a long line, but I'm hearing people complain about one person.

Funny....
Hard for me to get excited about this.

If it were a long line stretching from row 1 back to the wing exit rows, that might be another issue.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 9:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Hard for me to get excited about this.

If it were a long line stretching from row 1 back to the wing exit rows, that might be another issue.
I've seen as many as four coach passengers lined up in the front of the FC cabin to use the FC lavatory in a mainline aircraft with 16 FC seats. That was annoying.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by flyerslc
My pet peeve is when they use the beverage cart instead of the lav.
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Thank you. I was afraid my references were getting too obscure.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I've seen as many as four coach passengers lined up in the front of the FC cabin to use the FC lavatory in a mainline aircraft with 16 FC seats. That was annoying.
I've seen FAs tell Y pax not to stand near the F lav, but to wait back in Y. (This also gives F pax a chance to use the lav when the person using it finishes.)
Old Feb 10, 2024, 11:52 am

Programs: DL Silver, AA, UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I pay for first class and try to select my seat in order to have easy access to the restroom. I do get annoyed when passengers from Y keep using the first class bathrooms, esp when there is no reason to, other than for convenience because the aisle is not blocked. I understand there are circumstances where passengers need immediate access to the restroom and they should be provided the courtesy of using the nearest restroom, however, on some flights it seems like there is a never ending stream of passengers using the F restroom. It has been a long time since I have seen any FA enforcing the "rule" that passengers should remain in their cabin. I have also witnessed passengers from Y who after leaving the restroom help themselves to the snack basket that is left available for F passengers. It seems that the FA just do not care anymore. On a recent flight I really needed to use the restroom but before I could get up from my seat, someone from Y would beat me to it. I finally got up from my seat and waited near the galley and mentioned to the FA that F passengers should have priority over others to use the restroom and their response was there is nothing they can do. Doesn't seem to be a problem on foreign carriers.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 12:50 pm

Programs: I've gone underground!
gnomie you dont say if youre talking domestic or international. Domestic Y pax can use F restrooms. Internationally theyre generally supposed to stay in their ticketed cabin.

I get the desire for a more exclusive f cabin experience and bathroom. However, I hope you can also understand why passengers in the first few rows
of C+ would preferentially use the F bathroom.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 8:08 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (DM), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium, LTP)
FAs should probably not allow non-F passengers crowd the aisle waiting for the lavatory, but other than that, Delta's policy (apparently, because I couldn't find it written anywhere) states that pax "should" use the lavatory in their cabin. It does not prohibit use of the lavatory in other cabins.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by chipbennett
FAs should probably not allow non-F passengers crowd the aisle waiting for the lavatory, but other than that, Delta's policy (apparently, because I couldn't find it written anywhere) states that pax "should" use the lavatory in their cabin. It does not prohibit use of the lavatory in other cabins.
Domestic policy is different than international.
chipbennett likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.