Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mattp1987
For Saturdays in March the AS non-stops are:
March 1: $89
March 8: $89 or $109
March 15: $156
March 22: $179 or $209
March 29: $209 or $239

I'd probably take the non-stop for any of the first three weekends. For the 22nd or 29th I'd take the DL F connection. I wouldn't pick WN for any of these situations.
[QUOTE=bubbashow;22169641]
Originally Posted by SoCal

I've never analyzed or agonized so much over a flight so short and inexpensive as this
Yeah, I would just pay for the non-stop on AS and be done with it.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 3:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by michael_v
Just to clarify $200 in DL F is one-way, not round-trip.
Of course. That's why I noted times for one way.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 3:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mattp1987
For Saturdays in March the AS non-stops are:
March 1: $89
March 8: $89 or $109
March 15: $156
March 22: $179 or $209
March 29: $209 or $239

I'd probably take the non-stop for any of the first three weekends. For the 22nd or 29th I'd take the DL F connection. I wouldn't pick WN for any of these situations.
Prices in economy, of course. Have to add baggage fees. Flight schedule better on DL for us, so I think we'll go that route. Thanks and goodnight.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 6:39 am
Original Poster

Bought two tickets from Delta. Chose seats 1A and 2A for the CRJ flight. Under "food services," for first class, shows nothing at all for that flight, and, for the first flight, "Refreshments, Complimentary Refreshments and Premium Snacks for Purchase" (for purchase even in fc??). Que sera sera. Pretty short flights, and we'll try to get snacks at the Delta club in SLC (using Am Ex Platinum to get in), or even buy dinner.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
You'll have a snack basket brought around with drinks on both flights.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 8:41 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA GE, CP ED
Incline of seat in full-upright position

Hey folks. Does anyone else feel like the F seats are already slightly reclined even when fully upright? Ever maybe even tried to pull the seat forward just to be sure?

Drives me nuts
Old Feb 6, 2014, 8:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jsbh
Hey folks. Does anyone else feel like the F seats are already slightly reclined even when fully upright? Ever maybe even tried to pull the seat forward just to be sure?

Drives me nuts
Yes, and I hated it at first but then I came to love the CRJ-900s, especially in 1A. Somehow one gets used to the feeling of being partially reclined whether you want to recline or not. It's probably a matter of learning what sitting position is comfortable for you in these seats. I tend to slouch somewhat and turn slightly toward the window to enjoy the view from my window/aisle seat.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 12:12 am
boi

Programs: DL Silver, Hilton Gold
Cold up front, though

The usual high variance of preferences on this one . . . I fly these BOI-MSP quite a bit, usually choose 1A when I can, and consider it one of my favorite seats on any aircraft. Something I didn't notice mentioned here is that I almost always find the front of the plane quite cold, and have adopted the habit of looking for one or two blankets when I board.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 5:42 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by boi
The usual high variance of preferences on this one . . . I fly these BOI-MSP quite a bit, usually choose 1A when I can, and consider it one of my favorite seats on any aircraft. Something I didn't notice mentioned here is that I almost always find the front of the plane quite cold, and have adopted the habit of looking for one or two blankets when I board.
I can't remember ever not finding a nice red DL blanket on my (FC) seat on a CRJ-900.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 3:44 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Plat+, FoundersCard, Amex Plat, TR Diamond, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Dia, HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Sorry to bump an old thread, but tomorrow I'm flying (solo) on a CRJ900 and have the choice of 3C, 4C or 4D. Seatexpert implies that row 4 is good because of "unrestricted recline" ... Seatguru doesn't say anything about recline but complains that 3D has a misaligned window. An older FT thread complains of row 4 being a pain because of proximity to (shudder) coach and "loud conversations", which I thought was funny.

Any thoughts on 3C vs 4C vs 4D (assuming 1A doesn't miraculously open up for me)?
Old Sep 15, 2014, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by huge
Sorry to bump an old thread, but tomorrow I'm flying (solo) on a CRJ900 and have the choice of 3C, 4C or 4D. Seatexpert implies that row 4 is good because of "unrestricted recline" ... Seatguru doesn't say anything about recline but complains that 3D has a misaligned window. An older FT thread complains of row 4 being a pain because of proximity to (shudder) coach and "loud conversations", which I thought was funny.

Any thoughts on 3C vs 4C vs 4D (assuming 1A doesn't miraculously open up for me)?
IMO all equal. "unrestricted recline" isn't that a lie-flat bed? I thought those are only on the wide-bodies!! If they mean there's no one behind you that's not really true. Someone is sitting in that coach seat behind you, and there's only a curtain separating them from you - no bulkhead.

IMO any A seat is best bet, with 1A being the best of the best. Other then those there's no one better than the other.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I'm a window addict so 4D wins my vote ... aisles would be absolutely equivalent
Old Sep 15, 2014, 7:37 pm

Programs: Delta PM, United Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Exec Elite
I only do Aisle unless its a last minute FC bump for being a SM(Not very often). I just flew in a farily new CRJ900 from MSP to IAH Sunday. I prefer CRJ900 and E170/175 because they are so much quieter even with Noise Cancelling head phones on.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 8:43 pm

I'd pick 3C. I like aisles and would prefer to avoid the last row of coach. In fact, if someone is walking from coach to FC, for example to use the FC lavatory, 4C sticks out into the aisle (which goes at an angle here where the configuration changes from 1-2 to 2-2) and I would imagine would be bumped a lot.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'd pick 3C. I like aisles and would prefer to avoid the last row of coach. In fact, if someone is walking from coach to FC, for example to use the FC lavatory, 4C sticks out into the aisle (which goes at an angle here where the configuration changes from 1-2 to 2-2) and I would imagine would be bumped a lot.
^

I am an aisle person but I never take the aisle seat where the seating configure changes and the aisle curves.

But if I get upgraded as the last on the list into BE/F and it is an aisle seat I would no turn it down.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.