FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta adds free Luvo wraps to JFK-(LAX-SFO-SEA) EC seats (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1541431-delta-adds-free-luvo-wraps-jfk-lax-sfo-sea-ec-seats.html)

Renes Points Jan 14, 2014 7:16 am

Delta adds free Luvo wraps to JFK-(LAX-SFO-SEA) EC seats

http://boardingarea.wpengine.netdna-...fort-Delta.jpg

Link to Delta new release: http://news.delta.com/index.php?s=43&item=2239

Delta Continues Transcon Enhancements With New Food And Wine
Menu includes fresh meals from Luvo, new wine selections

Jan 14, 2014

ATLANTA, Jan. 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL) has introduced a new line of healthy menu items from Luvo now available in the economy cabin on Delta's transcontinental flights between New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport and Los Angeles, San Francisco and Seattle.

The Luvo meals – all made with natural ingredients, no added trans-fats, and hormone and antibiotic-free proteins – are complimentary for customers seated in Economy Comfort and available for purchase for customers seated in Economy.

"Our customers love Luvo's fresh snacks on our west coast Delta Shuttle flights, so it makes sense to make these healthy, delicious meals available on our coast-to-coast flights," said Joanne Smith, Delta's senior vice president – In-flight Service.

Each flight will feature two sandwich wraps from the following menu:

Luvo Quinoa Crunch Wrap (360 calories) - Fresh crunchy vegetables, quinoa, avocado, edamame hummus, black rice and bean salad in an olive oil-whole wheat tortilla with a side of seedless grapes and a multi-seed coconut chocolate chip cookie.
Luvo Grilled Chicken Wrap (400 calories) - Spiced grilled chicken, crisp romaine lettuce, avocado, cherry tomato, vegan herb aioli, in an olive oil-whole wheat tortilla with a side of seedless grapes and a multi-seed coconut chocolate chip cookie.
Luvo Roast Turkey & Havarti Wrap (440 calories) - Sliced roast turkey breast, havarti cheese, black rice and bean salad, arugula, edamame hummus in an olive oil-whole wheat tortilla with a side of seedless grapes and a multi-seed coconut chocolate chip cookie.

The new transcontinental menu follows the successful launch of Luvo snacks currently offered on the 15-times daily Delta Shuttle flights between Los Angeles and San Francisco International airports.

Additionally, customers in BusinessElite on transcontinental flights will continue to enjoy the Delta WineMaker Series with new selections for 2014. Since its launch in 2012, the series has featured high profile and sought-after California wines curated by Master Sommlier Andrea Robinson. The first two selections for 2014 are a 2012 Sauvignon Blanc from Matanzas Creek Winery in Sonoma County and a 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon from Arrowood in Sonoma County. Customers in BusinessElite will continue to enjoy multi-course meals developed by Napa Valley-based Chef Michael Chiarello.

KevinDTW Jan 14, 2014 7:25 am

I get nervous right away when I see the word "Enhancements" in the title of a DL news release... ;)

havepointswilltravel Jan 14, 2014 7:40 am

"Enhancement" in FT dictionary :- good for Delta, bad for frequent travelers.

GUWonder Jan 14, 2014 7:49 am

"free"? Not for most passengers on the DL JFK flights to/from the West Coast.

Renes Points Jan 14, 2014 7:54 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder (Post 22151663)
"free"? Not for most passengers on the DL JFK flights to/from the West Coast.

Hey DL took away free Medallion upgrades after 1MARCH on this route so stuck in EC seats at least those of us in EC do get both free drinks & more and a wrap now. I would trade them both for an upgrade shot however! ;)

GUWonder Jan 14, 2014 8:02 am

Originally Posted by Delta Points (Post 22151700)
Hey DL took away free Medallion upgrades after 1MARCH on this route so stuck in EC seats at least those of us in EC do get both free drinks and a wrap now. I would trade them both for an upgrade shot however! ;)

As a DL Medallion, I'm not guaranteed EC seats on those routes. Most of my travel is booked within the sub-18-hours to scheduled departure window, and I have a feeling this is going to mean I get few if any free wraps on these flights because the chances of ending up in EC are far lower for me than for other DL elites. Is DL even still giving out those coupons at check-in that it used to for free drinks and snacks?

Charging $9+ for something that even BA offers everyone for free (despite the higher cost of food catering in the UK) on even short-haul economy class flights is a new definition of "free". :D

rylan Jan 14, 2014 8:05 am

Consolation prize for not being upgradable anymore?

I'm sure there will be plenty of pax on last minute expensive tickets sitting in the back/middle since EC will already be full.

AANYC1981 Jan 14, 2014 8:23 am

i think its a nice move....DL is making coach as tolerable as possible for EC passengers on these routes.

WhiskeyBravo Jan 14, 2014 8:46 am

I still think its ridiculous they can operate 5+ hour flights with only peanuts and pretzels.

I really wish DL would offer pre-purchasable onboard food at a discount (a la Austrian). They could make a killing and everyone would be happy because the food quality would be ostensibly higher.

javabytes Jan 14, 2014 8:48 am

Medallions, we're sorry we took away upgrades on this route... Here, have a sandwich.

At least none of them are ham.

Originally Posted by johnm1019 (Post 22152002)
I still think its ridiculous they can operate 5+ hour flights with only peanuts and pretzels.

I really wish DL would offer pre-purchasable onboard food at a discount (a la Austrian). They could make a killing and everyone would be happy because the food quality would be ostensibly higher.

They do: http://delta.dineup.com/welcome.action

Winkdaddy Jan 14, 2014 8:56 am

Does the HOOU coupon or medallion packet drink coupon work on the new upgraded wine selection in coach?

"375 ml bottles of Hess Select Chardonnay and Meiomi by Belle Glos Pinot Noir available for purchase in Economy Class beginning in March"

Renes Points Jan 14, 2014 8:59 am

Originally Posted by Winkdaddy (Post 22152062)
Does the HOOU coupon or medallion packet drink coupon work on the new upgraded wine selection in coach?

"375 ml bottles of Hess Select Chardonnay and Meiomi by Belle Glos Pinot Noir available for purchase in Economy Class beginning in March"

Do keep in mind that since there will soon be NO upgrades there may be NO HOOUs on this route. Also keep in mind HOOUs are NOT guaranteed.

Winkdaddy Jan 14, 2014 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Delta Points (Post 22152095)
Do keep in mind that since there will soon be NO upgrades there may be NO HOOUs on this route. Also keep in mind HOOUs are NOT guaranteed.

Noted. But do the regular medallion drink coupons work on the upgraded wine?

SansSerif Jan 14, 2014 9:02 am

I thought the West coast shuttle offered snacks from Lyfe kitchen? What's with this LUVO business

lamont2718 Jan 14, 2014 9:03 am

Wow. I hate the elimination of complimentary upgrades on these routes, but at least EC is being improved materially. The Luvo wraps look quite good.