Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

delta cutting access to many of the international lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 13, 2014, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mnbp
As of May 1, 2014, Delta no longer provides status-based access to third party lounges (lounges operated neither by Delta nor by a SkyTeam partner) for passengers departing on a Delta-operated flight. Based on reports in this thread, this does not apply to passengers departing the airport they're in on a flight operated by a SkyTeam partner: all other SkyTeam partners continue to provide status-based access to third-party lounges to all SkyTeam Elite Plus members, including Delta elites. Access to third-party lounges is determined by the policy of the operating carrier of the flight departing the airport.

Nothing has changed for passengers flying in business or first class on Delta.

From the link provided in the OP:

SkyTeam Benefits

LOUNGE ACCESS
Effective May 1, 2014, all Delta third-party operated international lounges will become Business lounges. (6)
  • On or after May 1, 2014, Delta SkyTeam Elite Plus passengers flying in the economy cabin will only have access to DL Sky Clubs and SkyTeam Lounges.
  • Passengers must be traveling in Business Class to have access to Third Party Lounges.

Third party-operated Lounges:

Latin America & the Caribbean:

Bogota, CO (BOG)
Caracas, VE (CCS)
Lima, PE (LIM)
Quito, EC (UIO)

Europe/Africa/Middle East:
Accra, GH (ACC)
Arlanda, SE (ARN)
Athens, GR (ATH)
Barcelona, ES (BCN)
Brussels, BE (BRU)
Copenhagen, DK (CPH)
Dakar, SN (DKR)
Dubaij, AE (DXB)
Dublin, IE (DUB)
Dusseldorf, DE (DUS)
Frankfurt, DE (FRA)
Lagos, NG (LOS)
Madrid, ES (MAD)
Malaga, ES (AGP)
Malpensa, IT (MXP)
Manchester, GB (MAN)
Moscow, RU (SVO)
Mumbai, IN (BOM)
Munich, DE (MUC)
Nice, FR (NCE)
Pisa, IT (PSA)
Roberts, LR (ROB)
Shannon, IE (SNN)
Tel Aviv, IL (TLV)
Zurich, CH (ZRH)

Asia Pacific:
Bangkok, TH (BKK)
Beijing, CN (PEK)
Fukuoka, JP (FUK)
Guam, GU (GUM)
Hong Kong, HK (HKG) access to VS (partner) lounge. This lounge IS available to STE+, despite VS not being a SkyTeam partner.
Nagoya, JP (NGO)
Osaka, JP (KIX)
Saipan, MP (SPN)
Shanghai, CN (PVG)
Singapore, SG (SIN)
Sydney, AU (SYD) (no longer relevant after opening of SkyTeam lounge in Dec 2014)
Tokyo (Haneda), JP (HND) DL promotion provides access to two TIAT lounges at HND through Oct 31, 2017. Promotion includes any SkyClub member traveling on any airline same-day flight, and all GM, PM and DM members traveling on any DL flight. Extension of Haneda Lounge Access Promotion
Print Wikipost

delta cutting access to many of the international lounges

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2019, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Thanks to all for the responses.

I just (re)discovered that my return is on Korean Air, departing at 1:30 AM out of Terminal 4. (I made the reservation months ago and had forgotten that wrinkle.)

My apologies.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 7:10 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
I just (re)discovered that my return is on Korean Air, departing at 1:30 AM out of Terminal 4. (I made the reservation months ago and had forgotten that wrinkle.)
I flew KE out of T4 in January. The Blossom Lounge (Priority Pass) was decent, including an "open air" area overlooking the concourse.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 11:26 am

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
Flying into HND from MSP via Delta One service. Is there an arrival lounge for DL passengers? Could not locate on DL website.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: DL Diamond
Originally Posted by Wingtipflyer1
Flying into HND from MSP via Delta One service. Is there an arrival lounge for DL passengers? Could not locate on DL website.
No, I don't believe so.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 11:42 am

Programs: DL PM, HY-PL, National-Executive Elite, Hilton - Gold, Marriot-Gold, IGH-Gold
There is not a formal Arrival Lounge, but there are two Sky Clubs, the PGA Lounge (PP), and Escape Club (Amex Plat/Cent) if you are connecting beyond MSP. If not, you dump out directly into the baggage claim after clearing customs. There is a Starbucks there
Old Feb 17, 2019, 12:32 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by bjohnsonmn
There is not a formal Arrival Lounge, but there are two Sky Clubs, the PGA Lounge (PP), and Escape Club (Amex Plat/Cent) if you are connecting beyond MSP. If not, you dump out directly into the baggage claim after clearing customs. There is a Starbucks there
I think Wingtipflyer1 is asking about lounges in HND, not MSP. In HND there is no arrival lounge.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: DL PM, HY-PL, National-Executive Elite, Hilton - Gold, Marriot-Gold, IGH-Gold
Originally Posted by mnbp
I think Wingtipflyer1 is asking about lounges in HND, not MSP. In HND there is no arrival lounge.
Hm. Yes, I misread that.

Any suggestions for a hotel near HND? We arrive at 10:30PM, so, I'd prefer not to venture into the city that late.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 2:02 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat

Any suggestions for a hotel near HND? We arrive at 10:30PM, so, I'd prefer not to venture into the city that late.
I stayed 1 night at the JAL City Haneda before an early morning flight. Hotel was fine, small rooms.
Subway to the city about a 5 minute walk.
Free transport to HND not sure how late?
Old Feb 17, 2019, 2:46 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
DL's own flights don't arrive HND at 10:30 pm so it is unclear from your post which terminal you are arriving at. If you are arriving at Haneda's international terminal, the Royal Park Hotel Tokyo Haneda is attached to the departure level of the international terminal - can't get more convenient than that. I stayed there a couple of times when DL's flights arrived closer to midnight than they do today - very comfortable and quiet.

Hotel and Transit Hotel | Haneda Airport International Terminal
Old Feb 23, 2019, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
Thanks. Will pack a baseball cap along w/ dark sunglasses for HND to Hotel. Paparazzi seems to always get me when I'm worse-for-wear.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 6:14 pm

Also, any thoughts about seats 6 B & 6 C on a 777? To close to galley or quiet?
Old Mar 3, 2019, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by mot29

I stayed 1 night at the JAL City Haneda before an early morning flight. Hotel was fine, small rooms.
Subway to the city about a 5 minute walk.
Free transport to HND not sure how late?
We ended up booking the JAP City Haneda West wing (or something close to that name). Looks interesting and has a free shuttle. We were looking at the hotel attached to the departures terminal, but the recent reviews were terrible.

Thanks!
Old Mar 3, 2019, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by mnbp
DL's own flights don't arrive HND at 10:30 pm so it is unclear from your post which terminal you are arriving at. If you are arriving at Haneda's international terminal, the Royal Park Hotel Tokyo Haneda is attached to the departure level of the international terminal - can't get more convenient than that. I stayed there a couple of times when DL's flights arrived closer to midnight than they do today - very comfortable and quiet.

Hotel and Transit Hotel Haneda Airport International Terminal
We are arriving on Korean after an ICN connection. I'm looking forward to seeing ICN and the Sky Club there!
Old Mar 4, 2019, 5:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
We are arriving on Korean after an ICN connection. I'm looking forward to seeing ICN and the Sky Club there!
There's no SC at ICN. It's a lounge operated by KE, although I think there are two of them in the new T2 at ICN. Both are worse than the previous KE lounges at ICM, in both the (T1) main terminal and also the satellite terminal that was used by partner airlines.

The new terminal is OK. It seems spacious and has the cute information robots to greet people. However, don't expect anything luxurious.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 9:06 pm

Programs: 2018: Delta Diamond Medallion, Hilton Honors Diamond
I have travel coming up on an I fare with AM to LIM and an I fare with DL to ATH. As I read the wiki at the top of this page, 4I'll have access to the Sumaq and Swissport lounges, respectively. Is that correct?

I'm a DM with DL reserve card FWIW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.