FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   delta cutting access to many of the international lounges (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1540484-delta-cutting-access-many-international-lounges.html)

vincentharris Jan 12, 2014 7:04 am

Originally Posted by elitetraveler (Post 22135196)
at :39

Delta has the passengers back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpie7-lhok8 :D

I wonder how many takes Donald Sutherland had to do because he was laughing too much

remyontheroad Jan 12, 2014 7:17 am

More months than I'd like to admit, I guess.
:)

This thought was nagging at the back of my mind, but I didn't look it up.

Thanks for setting the record straight.

Originally Posted by rwoman (Post 22137887)
The SkyTeam lounge at IST opened last summer.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...k-airport.html

Prior to this, I know DL, AF, and KL used one of the 3rd party lounges.

:)

GUWonder Jan 12, 2014 7:42 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 22137945)
Norway has no PP lounges. There's also none at Naples.

I know. I've been to a bunch of airports in Norway. Even SK/Star Alliance doesn't have much of a lounge presence in Norway. Where there is a third party lounge in Norway -- like at OSL -- anyone can buy their way in without FFP membership, lounge membership or airline settlement for access.

NAP has an AZ lounge. Norway is not intra-EU.

ND76 Jan 12, 2014 8:18 am

Heathrow

In looking at the Heathrow lounge webpage, it indicates that there are two third-party operated lounges:

1. ServisAir Executive Lounges in T1 and T3
2. No. 1 Traveller Lounge in T3

http://www.heathrowairport.com/heath...lities/lounges

Perhaps this is what Delta was referring to.

Delta's webpage on lounge access post 5/1/14 indicates that STE+ are entitled to entry to the "SkyTeam Lounge".

Sabai Jan 12, 2014 8:24 am

Originally Posted by pbarnette (Post 22083126)

If you live in Boston and have the misfortune of traveling to the murderers row of WN destinations like Kansas City, St Louis, Akron, Baltimore, and Milwaukee, then you will choose WN.

Originally Posted by pbarnette (Post 22135946)

... and that denigrating others based upon region of origin (as the OP does) is not amenable to positive discourse.

My guess is that you don't have any kinfolk in KS, MO, OH, MD, or WI.

slipbeer Jan 12, 2014 8:26 am

Good thing the price of club membership is going up to the point where I won't have to worry about the lounges I no longer have access to.

Along with reducing the number of BE seats on the 777, the Elite will truly be Elite.

MGW2000 Jan 12, 2014 8:31 am

My dad is a DM living in Paris who flies mostly long-haul J, but semi-monthly intra-europe Y on AF. Though he has priority pass, this may tip the scales and push him towards Flying Blue; while SkyMiles is more generous when it comes to earning and redeeming, this lounge access thing may be the dealbreaker.

immiLawyer Jan 12, 2014 8:50 am

Couple different small notes....

It appears to be approximately 10:45 a.m., ET, in the States on a Sunday morning, and FT shows me at the bottom that DLCorpGal is browsing the forum; perhaps she will chime in on this thread soon?

I can't seem to square how this will operate with the changes to the paid SC members. Perhaps those paid SC members (Executive, but not Standard) will later keep access to these lounges when flying in Y? I can see this type of 'enhancement' as a way for DL to sell it to us as an improvement.

WhiskeyBravo Jan 12, 2014 9:11 am

This is a huge devaluation

For those DL elites who live in the EU not in CDG or AMS, this basically takes away all our lounges.
I see this as a big middle-finger from Delta.

This will impact me harshly.

Sez_Who Jan 12, 2014 9:33 am

Originally Posted by immiLawyer (Post 22138507)
It appears to be approximately 10:45 a.m., ET, in the States on a Sunday morning, and FT shows me at the bottom that DLCorpGal is browsing the forum; perhaps she will chime in on this thread soon?

Don't hold your breath. She won't say one word without it first being read and approved by ATL, and they like to take off for the weekend.

UA vs NW Jan 12, 2014 9:36 am

It will be interestng to see if a DL STE+ member can get third-party lounge access when flying in coach class on other SkyTeam airlines (e.g. KE, AF/KL) since they normally give STE+ members lounge invitation cards at the airports without skyteam operated lounges.

I guess it will be confusing to them at the beginning but they will decline access to DL STE+ members eventually after DL refuses to pay them.

Surprised that no skyteam lounge is listed for HKG; I remember I was in the AF lounge, the KE lounge and the CI lounge during my previous trips there but somehow none of them is being considered as SkyTeam lounge anymore? This sounds more like in Moscow DME airport where there are LH lounge and OS lounge but both will decline access to Star Gold members.

pbarnette Jan 12, 2014 9:45 am

Originally Posted by Sabai (Post 22138381)
My guess is that you don't have any kinfolk in KS, MO, OH, MD, or WI.

Nope. And I never spoke ill of anyone living in those locales. I just spoke ill of the cities themselves. A significant and important difference.

Stay classy!

MSPeconomist Jan 12, 2014 9:45 am

In HKG, DL sends at least elites traveling in BE to the downstairs QF business class lounge. I've never noticed other SkyTeam lounges in the departure area, but I haven't looked carefully. I have used (for their flights) the SQ lounge and noticed a few others nearby, but not AF/KE/CI.

GRALISTAIR Jan 12, 2014 10:07 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 22137668)
Since people are complaining about spelling here, it's Qantas without the U. They aren't in SkyTeam, so it's considered third party.

QANTAS - Queensland And Northern Territories Airline Service

MSPeconomist Jan 12, 2014 10:09 am

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR (Post 22138878)
QANTAS - Queensland And Northern Territories Airline Service

Isn't/wasn't it Air Service?