Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

delta cutting access to many of the international lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 13, 2014, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mnbp
As of May 1, 2014, Delta no longer provides status-based access to third party lounges (lounges operated neither by Delta nor by a SkyTeam partner) for passengers departing on a Delta-operated flight. Based on reports in this thread, this does not apply to passengers departing the airport they're in on a flight operated by a SkyTeam partner: all other SkyTeam partners continue to provide status-based access to third-party lounges to all SkyTeam Elite Plus members, including Delta elites. Access to third-party lounges is determined by the policy of the operating carrier of the flight departing the airport.

Nothing has changed for passengers flying in business or first class on Delta.

From the link provided in the OP:

SkyTeam Benefits

LOUNGE ACCESS
Effective May 1, 2014, all Delta third-party operated international lounges will become Business lounges. (6)
  • On or after May 1, 2014, Delta SkyTeam Elite Plus passengers flying in the economy cabin will only have access to DL Sky Clubs and SkyTeam Lounges.
  • Passengers must be traveling in Business Class to have access to Third Party Lounges.

Third party-operated Lounges:

Latin America & the Caribbean:

Bogota, CO (BOG)
Caracas, VE (CCS)
Lima, PE (LIM)
Quito, EC (UIO)

Europe/Africa/Middle East:
Accra, GH (ACC)
Arlanda, SE (ARN)
Athens, GR (ATH)
Barcelona, ES (BCN)
Brussels, BE (BRU)
Copenhagen, DK (CPH)
Dakar, SN (DKR)
Dubaij, AE (DXB)
Dublin, IE (DUB)
Dusseldorf, DE (DUS)
Frankfurt, DE (FRA)
Lagos, NG (LOS)
Madrid, ES (MAD)
Malaga, ES (AGP)
Malpensa, IT (MXP)
Manchester, GB (MAN)
Moscow, RU (SVO)
Mumbai, IN (BOM)
Munich, DE (MUC)
Nice, FR (NCE)
Pisa, IT (PSA)
Roberts, LR (ROB)
Shannon, IE (SNN)
Tel Aviv, IL (TLV)
Zurich, CH (ZRH)

Asia Pacific:
Bangkok, TH (BKK)
Beijing, CN (PEK)
Fukuoka, JP (FUK)
Guam, GU (GUM)
Hong Kong, HK (HKG) access to VS (partner) lounge. This lounge IS available to STE+, despite VS not being a SkyTeam partner.
Nagoya, JP (NGO)
Osaka, JP (KIX)
Saipan, MP (SPN)
Shanghai, CN (PVG)
Singapore, SG (SIN)
Sydney, AU (SYD) (no longer relevant after opening of SkyTeam lounge in Dec 2014)
Tokyo (Haneda), JP (HND) DL promotion provides access to two TIAT lounges at HND through Oct 31, 2017. Promotion includes any SkyClub member traveling on any airline same-day flight, and all GM, PM and DM members traveling on any DL flight. Extension of Haneda Lounge Access Promotion
Print Wikipost

delta cutting access to many of the international lounges

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2014, 4:09 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Platinum, UA 1k, HH Silver, BonVoy Platinum
Originally Posted by stc
The skyteam website, says there is an AF lounge:

http://www.skyteam.com/en/Why-SkyTea...ional-Airport/
I asked and the AF KLM lounge in BKK is open to sky team elites on a sky team ticket in BKK, be it AF KLM of Delta. No need for Louis Tavern invitations (since discontinued per this thread) and the skyteam lounge is newly remodeled and open 24 hours, can bring 1 guest as PM. Nice enough.

In AMS same deal for access, easy +1 as delta pm.

KLM gave me a fast track pass as well (on departure from BKK) but not for the +1 even though both tickets purchased together on Delta.com.
Old May 21, 2014, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Powers106
I asked and the AF KLM lounge in BKK is open to sky team elites on a sky team ticket in BKK, be it AF KLM of Delta. No need for Louis Tavern invitations (since discontinued per this thread) and the skyteam lounge is newly remodeled and open 24 hours, can bring 1 guest as PM. Nice enough.

In AMS same deal for access, easy +1 as delta pm.

KLM gave me a fast track pass as well (on departure from BKK) but not for the +1 even though both tickets purchased together on Delta.com.
or VN, or KQ
Old May 21, 2014, 8:45 pm

Programs: DL - Diamond. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum. Starwoods - Lifetime Platinum
Smiley lounge (GOL) was welcoming me in Saő Paulo (GRU). DM and got access before my OP cleared.
Old May 22, 2014, 8:11 pm

Programs: DL DM & 1MM, AA, BA, National Emerald
I ran a quick search but can't find if we as DL ST E+ can get into the lounge in the KQ NBO lounge.. that is if it is open yet after the remodel due to fire.
If flying KL or KQ.

??
Old May 22, 2014, 9:10 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
In those cases; If KL has an agreement with the KQ NBO lounge you should as DL DM/ST E+ since you're not flying DL. But KQ is ST anyway, not a 3rd party lounge. But even then you only will refused access when you flying DL.

Currently have a similar situation: in the BGS lounge in PEK after getting access as a DL DM waiting for my KL flight. At the reception they have an A4 with the Delta 'enhancement' on it. When checking in at the lounge the lady told me they had quit some confused pax this month.
Old May 29, 2014, 8:40 pm

Programs: DL
Question Bahrain Airport Lounge Q?

My ticket is issued on 006 DL stock in Economy Class on DL 9490 BAH-AUH-AMS (Actually KLM Metal) as Delta does not fly to Bahrain.

In Bahrain, KLM uses the Airport Lounge (Departure hall, opposite gate 16). In the past I was able to use this lounge as a Diamond - may I still be able to use Airport lounge in BAH ? (After May 1, 2014)
Old May 29, 2014, 9:15 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by Bond1600
My ticket is issued on 006 DL stock in Economy Class on DL 9490 BAH-AUH-AMS (Actually KLM Metal) as Delta does not fly to Bahrain.

In Bahrain, KLM uses the Airport Lounge (Departure hall, opposite gate 16). In the past I was able to use this lounge as a Diamond - may I still be able to use Airport lounge in BAH ? (After May 1, 2014)
Experience to date is that operating carrier (KLM in your case) determines lounge access policy, regardless of marketing or ticketing carrier.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 3:47 am

Programs: Delta Plat & 1M, Hilton Gold, IHG Rewards Plat
Originally Posted by Powers106
I asked and the AF KLM lounge in BKK is open to sky team elites on a sky team ticket in BKK, be it AF KLM of Delta. No need for Louis Tavern invitations (since discontinued per this thread) and the skyteam lounge is newly remodeled and open 24 hours
Today I was provided with Salon AF invitation upon check-in for BKK-NRT Y class, and Premium Lane card as well. Salon AF was pretty big lounge and variety/quality of food was better than Louis Tavern. Quite impressed.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 3:59 am

My wife an I (both GE) were denied entry yesterday at the Munich British Airways Club. No surprise as we were both flying on Delta to Atlanta in economy. It did not appear to be possible to use any other lounge (like the Air France lounge) as they are in different terminals.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Istanbul / IST

The sky club location search says there's access in IST as a SC member.

However, as I suspected, DL.com is wrong. Sky Club membership does not give access unless flying a SkyTeam airline. But the desk agent was very nice and let me take pics.

It's all good as *G means I'm in the awesome TK Lounge!
Old Jun 13, 2014, 12:52 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by rwoman

However, as I suspected, DL.com is wrong. Sky Club membership does not give access unless flying a SkyTeam airline. But the desk agent was very nice and let me take pics.

IME, Sky Club membership only gives you access if you are flying a Sky Team airline outside the US. The US may still allow access if you are flying any airline according to the old Northwest policies if they are still honoring that.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rwoman

I just did the Sky Club location search and it does NOT list IST when selecting "Delta Sky Club Member".
Old Jun 13, 2014, 1:36 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by bennos
Experience to date is that operating carrier (KLM in your case) determines lounge access policy, regardless of marketing or ticketing carrier.
That continues indeed IME.

It's back to the situation where it was: at some airports, DL GLD/PLT/DIA could be better off substituting out of DL flights and on to SkyTeam flights not operated by DL if interested in airline-sponsored lounge access prior to departure.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 10:16 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Did ST change the rules about STE+ guesting in family while traveling internationally? I see this on the web site:

Lounge Access—Complimentary access to most SkyTeam lounges worldwide when traveling internationally in any class of service. Simply present your same-day ticket for an international or connecting SkyTeam flight. You can even invite a guest to join you in the lounge
(From http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...-benefits.html)

So I am PM and traveling internationally with my family (wife and kids) in Y. Any lounge we would be trying to access would be a DL lounge or ST lounge (in HKG), not one of the third-party "business lounges." Can I bring the entire family in?

Thanks.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 10:59 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Not much chance as a STE+ at the AF/KL lounge near gate 60 in HKG or any AF-KL lounge:

One (1) guest allowed if departure is on a AF-KL or SkyTeam international flight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.