Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Serves Pizza

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2014, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by clr4t8koff
I know this isn't English class, but that's just terrible grammar. Their = there, and personal = personnel. Very hard to take anything credible with that poor of grammar.
Sorry this bothered you so much.
Old May 26, 2014, 4:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA PLT, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SRQRoadWarrior
Don't forget if you are not happy with the DL Pizza offering, you can always fly a different airline. Nothing is forcing you to keep complaining about they way DL treats you.
Originally Posted by SRQRoadWarrior
Sorry this bothered you so much.
I wouldn't say it bothered me so much as it did a DL apologist whom doesn't even display proper grammar. With the battle DL's going through to win over the HVC, I don't really think you're their ideal spokesperson/apologist. Might want to think twice before you school someone on their thoughts toward a certain airline.

Btw, are you even a medallion or member of Skymiles? It's not a requirement, but might give you a little more credit if you were and let people know that in your profile.
Old May 26, 2014, 5:35 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Exclamation Please Remain On Topic

What is going on with this thread? This thread was started by a poster whom wrote in describing the terrible BE experience they had on a delayed DTW-ICN flight for 8 hours back in early March of this year. Now all of a sudden the first page is from posts back in 2013 with a "kudos to DL" to a LINK THAT DOESN'T EVEN WORK. Why bury the initial post about the delayed DTW-ICN flight?

Very very fishy....is DL paying people off at FT to bury negative posts?
I checked my bank account and was rather disappointed that it has not increased in funds.

I will have to contact someone at Delta Air Lines about this. I feel cheated.

As for the broken link at the beginning of this discussion: I have no explanation for that or any idea as to why that happened. My guess is that it has something to do with a technical issue at the Internet web site which was linked.
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
The moderators have chosen to mash and combine threads together. No use in trying to make sense of previous posts.
This is a discussion about pizza being served at the gate by personal of Delta Air Lines.

Some FlyerTalk members posted positive experiences about pizza being served at the gate.

Some FlyerTalk members posted negative experiences about pizza being served at the gate.

I welcome suggestions on how many separate discussions we should have here at the Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles forum about pizza being served at airline gates.

I intentionally misused the word personal for a reason: as a reminder not to get personal about each other when posting content in this discussion...

...so let us cease and desist discussions about moderator actions, spelling and grammar issues, and conspiracy theories; and let us return to the topic of pizza being served at gates at airports in conjunction with flights operated by Delta Air Lines.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Canarsie
Co-Moderator, Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles forum
Old May 26, 2014, 5:37 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I wouldn't say it bothered me so much as it did a DL apologist whom doesn't even display proper grammar. With the battle DL's going through to win over the HVC, I don't really think you're their ideal spokesperson/apologist. Might want to think twice before you school someone on their thoughts toward a certain airline.

Btw, are you even a medallion or member of Skymiles? It's not a requirement, but might give you a little more credit if you were and let people know that in your profile.
I'm not a Delta apologist, nor do I have Delta status, but I agree with SRQRoadWarrior. I think this is a really small matter for people to be getting so worked up over. I'd take a few slices of pizza over a meal voucher whether I'm me or an HVC. I already made the reasons clear. Now, I will admit that Delta's policy of no meal vouchers at any time is too restrictive, especially in the case of a story like gypsycsc, but as a general rule pizza is something I consider acceptable (especially if there's BBQ Chicken!).

I also think that post is grammatically correct but feel free to let me know if it isn't
Old May 26, 2014, 6:11 pm

Programs: Delta PM, MM
Originally Posted by TTT
I spoke with a Red Coat about the removal of meal vouchers. According to the Red Coat, this "caring in place" process scored higher customer satisfaction scores than meal vouchers did. The general mentality regarding the meal vouchers was "What am I supposed to get with $6?!". The pizza/sandwiches brought to the gate seemed more valuable to passengers as they could get a complete meal from it rather than partial payment with the meal voucher.
But how does this rationale fit with Delta's refusal to provide a meal voucher when one is delayed overnight due to MX? In those cases, Delta still provides a hotel voucher, but nothing at all in the way of food.
Old May 26, 2014, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Canarsie
...so let us cease and desist discussions about moderator actions, spelling and grammar issues, and conspiracy theories; and let us return to the topic of pizza being served at gates at airports in conjunction with flights operated by Delta Air Lines.
Originally Posted by TTT
I spoke with a Red Coat about the removal of meal vouchers. According to the Red Coat, this "caring in place" process scored higher customer satisfaction scores than meal vouchers did. The general mentality regarding the meal vouchers was "What am I supposed to get with $6?!". The pizza/sandwiches brought to the gate seemed more valuable to passengers as they could get a complete meal from it rather than partial payment with the meal voucher.
If I said that considering the average American's waistline, it's no wonder that pizza delivered right to one's seat scores well, is that on topic or would that take us too far into OMNI territory?
Old May 26, 2014, 6:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by javabytes
If I said that considering the average American's waistline, it's no wonder that pizza delivered right to one's seat scores well, is that on topic or would that take us too far into OMNI territory?
^ Agreed LOL
Old May 26, 2014, 7:48 pm

Programs: DL DM PM
What is going on with this thread? This thread was started by a poster whom wrote in describing the terrible BE experience they had on a delayed DTW-ICN flight for 8 hours back in early March of this year. Now all of a sudden the first page is from posts back in 2013 with a "kudos to DL" to a LINK THAT DOESN'T EVEN WORK. Why bury the initial post about the delayed DTW-ICN flight?

Very very fishy....is DL paying people off at FT to bury negative posts?
Given that you have chosen to chastise a fellow FTer for his/her grammar, I would like to take the opportunity to correct this mistake of yours, one that you also made in an earlier post, ironically the one in which you are correcting someone else's grammar.

"whom" is the subject of the verb "wrote" (in your earlier post, "whom" was the subject of the past continuous tense of the verb "to expect" i.e., "were expecting"). In both cases, the word you actually want is "who". This post is not to mock you, but rather to correct an error that you seem unaware is an error.
Old May 26, 2014, 7:52 pm

I will update my profile, but I am 2 Million + mile, (lifetime gold). I signed up for the DL FF program the FIRST day it came out back on August 30, 1981. I still have the leather binder they gave you back then with all your credentials.

I have kept an airport count all these years, and I have been in 128 airports, mainly in the US. A couple in Europe, a couple in Asia. Trust me, I can write the book on DL, both the good AND the bad.
Old May 26, 2014, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by TTT
That red coat has been well trained on internal communications

For short delays I agree this is a win-win for DL to save funds and make customers happy, however, if there is an overnight with hotel it's downright cheap to not give something for an evening meal or breakfast. Perhaps they draw a line: if you paid a certain amount or are high tier Medallion you should get a meal or one of the temporary VISA cards they were testing.
Old May 26, 2014, 8:25 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by javabytes
I have never seen Pizza but it may be factor in availability. The few "caring in place" gestures I have seen have included breakfast pastries (I know) and Quiznos sandwiches.

Other delayed flights have had the cart with the usual items like peanuts, biscoff, etc.

Really though, what "healthy" food is the average person going to find in the airport? In many places there isn't much available.
Old May 26, 2014, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by TTT

Really though, what "healthy" food is the average person going to find in the airport? In many places there isn't much available.
Salad.

A lean roast beef sandwich.

I really love pizza, but I do not permit myself to indulge as often as I would like (or used to indulge).

I react to this issue for two reasons...

(1) It's another arbitrary change imposed on the consumer by management, because they can get away with it, and

(2) After 63 years, I don't like someone else making my decisions for me. I'd much rather take my $6 or $7 and go decide what I want to eat, thank you.

Has anyone yet posted a DL reply e-mail stating that this was done in response to customer feedback?
Old May 26, 2014, 9:11 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
That red coat has been well trained on internal communications
I would hope someone in that position would be well trained.

Last edited by TTT; May 26, 2014 at 9:17 pm
Old May 27, 2014, 10:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Has anyone traveling in BE or who has requested a special meal ever asked a red coat for a meal voucher instead of the pizza at the gate? It would seem appropriate to give meal vouchers in such cases, although anyone requiring special meals is well advised to bring some acceptable food when they travel in case the special meal order is lost, stc.

I can understand the argument for gate pizza for the masses, especially given the logistics of first giving everyone a voucher and then having enough time for everyone to stand in line to acquire food near the gate. However, I think HVCs deserve more than fighting a mob to get some cheap food in a crowded gate area.
Old May 28, 2014, 11:50 pm

Was also offered pizza on a 6HR delayed flight on May 26, LAX-MSY. Flight delayed due to pilot calling in sick in Vegas. (Why does it take 6 hrs to get a replacement pilot in LAX?) I agree this was unacceptable. Perhaps passengers should be offered a choice of pizza or a voucher..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.