Old Mar 20, 2013, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rylan
Perhaps it was bbq pulled pork pizza!
Old Mar 20, 2013, 7:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Did they serve 1st class passengers first? If not, I am sure someone complained about that.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 7:26 pm

Programs: DL 2MM GM
This is a sample of the Delta employees I know. Way to go.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 7:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Delta has some good (actually, many good) people on the front line. ^^^
^^^^^

Yup, some truly great people.

It isn't about the quality of the food, it's about the thoughtfulness of someone who took the initiative to make it happen.

That's priceless.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 9:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Originally Posted by CMK10
Good for Delta indeed. Though as a born and raised New Yorker, I shudder to think of the quality of that so called "pizza" they found in Tennessee!
I think y'all have sent enough Yankees down to amply handle pizza cooking duties...
Old Mar 20, 2013, 9:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Originally Posted by DL2SXM
Did they serve 1st class passengers first? If not, I am sure someone complained about that.
Actually, FC got all the pizza. The outrageously offensive poor section got crusts, those peppers no one is real sure what to do with, and those garlic butter packs...
Old Mar 20, 2013, 9:54 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
Actually, FC got all the pizza. The outrageously offensive poor section got crusts
This post is totally offensive and inappropriate!!!

Keep up the good work!
Old Mar 20, 2013, 10:24 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
I'm sorry but it's a thumbs down from me. I'm sure that plane got nasty gassy in about a half hour or so. A bunch of sandwiches from Subway or the like would've been a much better choice.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 10:25 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

I love this thread. ^
Old Mar 20, 2013, 10:37 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by Indelaware
I recall an incident from some years ago where a NW flight was delayed owing to quite tardy catering. The pilot went into the concourse, purchased a McDonald's 1/4 pounders (along with a few fish sandwiches for the non-meat eaters) for the passengers in Y and KFC for the first class passengers. Did it out of his own pocket. They then left sans catering (I assume that they had beverages on board from a prior servicing).
This happened to me once on a KLM flight out of AMS. It was sandwiches & chips and only for 1st class.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 1:41 am

Programs: UA 1K
Very thoughtful of the crew........wonder if they each got a slice or enough for seconds as 30 pies should yield about 240 slices. Nearly 4 am and guess what I am craving
Old Mar 21, 2013, 1:57 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by DL2SXM
They probably didn't even follow FEBO
Old Mar 21, 2013, 9:49 am

Programs: LatinPass MM, HH Diamond, NW Platinum, Delta DM MM, SPG
When Capt. Denny talked at the Chicago Seminars 2 years ago he mentioned that pilots are allowed to buy food and that he occaisionaly has gone to mcdonalds to get burgers and etc for all on the plane. Not sure if the airlines frown on this happening frequently but Capt. Denny explained that it was his way of showing good customer service. Although it has never happened to me - I would go out of my way to patronize the airline that did this!

I do recall about 5 years ago as we sat waiting to get to the runway in SAT for quite a long time I was getting quite hungry ... the McDonalds at SAT has normal (I know hard to believe) street prices and a dollar menu which caused me to offer to buy breakfast for everyone on the plane. With the phone out ready to call McD's and have the food delivered I was told it was not allowed ... so we waited for another 45 mins. We were parked just outside the gate by McD's. Maybe it was because I was in economy and therefore considered a non-human? Perhaps too much extra work for the FAs? BTW that was a Delta flight.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by TexasYankee
... With the phone out ready to call McD's and have the food delivered I was told it was not allowed ...
Maybe someone on board had an egg allergy?

Nice of you to try, though.^
Old Mar 21, 2013, 10:18 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Plat, HH
Happened to me a few years ago on a small RJ Delta connection that was delayed from departing due to ATC in ATL. All of a sudden 10 PaPa Johns pizza's showed up and we passed them around the plane. It was dinner time so all on board were surprised but very glad to see some food.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.