Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thrown out of SkyBonus

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2017, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by No_Name
ignore this post.
Want to share why? Want to say how they're going to tell personal/business? Maybe provide an example of when/how DL was able to determine a trip was strictly personal. DL tightened up on the 5 person requirement because it can't.

A W2 (as suggested by another user) isn't required to be flying on business expense. I also dont know of any employee that would allow company to share such info.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 9:29 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
OK, now I'm a little worried. I did get some friends and family to use my SkyBonus this year so I'll have at least 6 show up on the statement, although one was on a companion ticket so it posted as 0 points, which is why I made the 5. IDK if I want them contacting my friends to verify employment, haha, although I'm sure it won't be an issue.

Has anyone been put on conditional status and then been reinstated? I've only had one traveler for several years, and many times didn't do much travel until the last 2, yet they kept me in -- maybe because I was a high roller at one point with Biz Perks when I did all the travel booking for 15 employee consulting company just because I was good at it. But after I moved on to a mostly non-travel job, I would order drink coupons at the end of the year with any points I had just in case they revoked my points or status. This year they took away my ~ 1,200 remaining points and put me in conditional status that said I had to have 5 travelers this year or I'm out but if I get there, I get to keep the points I've earned this year.

So I will have 5-6 travelers this year and could probably get a few more. I'm way over the spend. Because I've bought mostly non-hub A fares, my points this year alone are at 360K and that's why I got some people to use my code because I can get 2 tickets to SYD with that and the value is going to be like $1500+. So I'm hoping I get moved out of provisional after the 6th traveler completes their flight on 11/4. LMK if anyone has been successfully graduated out of provisional status by meeting the requirements.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 11:18 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by No_Name
ignore this post.
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Want to share why?
I believe No_Name was saying to ignore their own post, since they went on to make another post underneath that. Also on the full site, which shows the reason for editing (unlike the mobile site) it says "browser crashed".
Old Sep 30, 2017, 6:40 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott, IHG
First post was in error

Originally Posted by Zorak
I believe No_Name was saying to ignore their own post, since they went on to make another post underneath that. Also on the full site, which shows the reason for editing (unlike the mobile site) it says "browser crashed".
Ion the first post I hit submit and browser closed. I then posted the second message and noticed the first post sort of went through. I couldn’t find a way to delete and should have been more descriptive. Sorry for the confusion.

When I read the T&C, It said the company would be contacted (my guess being the Skybonus administrator at the company) not the employee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.