Wheresmysuitcase.com

Old Jan 7, 2014, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Wheresmysuitcase.com

Has anybody had any experience with them ?
My bag got to SFO a few hours after I did on Jan 5. DL representative said it would be delivered the following day.
DL website reports "file closed" as of a couple hours ago.
Delivery company website has been displaying "Awaiting Assignment to Driver" since early morning Jan 6. My email inquiries have gone unanswered.

W.T.F.! I live 45 minutes from the airport. I would have very willingly driven back to pick it up myself.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
They delivered a bag DL lost to my hotel overnight. The next morning I had a bunch of status update emails, and the front desk had my bag.

Have you tried calling?
Old Jan 7, 2014, 2:44 pm

I had an unsatisfactory experience with them. Flew into Burlington, luggage not there. I live on the other side of Vermont. Suitcase was handed over to wheresmysuitcase.com and I got an email in the evening, telling me that they would deliver it the next day if it was already too late to deliver it that day. The email included a link where there was a space where I could indicate if it was okay to leave the luggage without getting a signature and I checked the box (not requiring a signature is fine in rural Vermont where I live). There was also a space for any other comment or question. I asked that it not be left outside since there were liquids inside and I did not want them to freeze. and I asked that they set it right inside the door, which is also routine where I live. They delivered it overnight and left it outside. They clearly (probably a computer) read the form and noted that it could be delivered without a signature but ignored my specific instruction. While I don't expect the computer to read the instruction and understand it, it can certainly detect that something has been written in the box intended for comments and questions, and get a human to read it. It appears that no one ever read my request. If that's the case, the shouldn't have the space there, or they should give you a phone number so that you can talk to someone and be certain your instructions would be followed. They could also have sent me an email saying that they were not permitted to leave it inside the house without anyone answering the door, and I could then have contacted them to make certain that it was delivered only when someone could be there to accept it and take it indoors.
After this, I emailed them and asked them to respond. They never did.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by N965VJ
They delivered a bag DL lost to my hotel overnight. The next morning I had a bunch of status update emails, and the front desk had my bag.

Have you tried calling?
Calling who ? Don't have a phone number for whereismysuitcase. Called DL elite line who said to call the baggage department 800 number. When I call, the automated system asks for file reference number, then puts me on wait for around 10 minutes and then the call drops. Tried it 3 times already.

Just sent a message to DL, still waiting for the automated acknowledgement.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 4:37 pm

My bag was left at JFK last night. Got multiple email updates and a phone call from the local station rep when my bag arrived, then another call from the driver saying he was coming and about when, and then another email after the bag was actually delivered. Honestly pretty good service I'd say.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 6:37 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Silver
Once a local courier has the bag, it's out of Delta's hands. The courier in London is absolutely terrible BTW.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 7:46 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Jet Blue Mosiac, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, National Executive Elite
They are a joke. I've had three delayed bags in December. Everytime, they never responded to emails through their website. One time, they even drove by my house to deliver other suitcases (per their GPS) and then I found out it wouldn't be delivered until the next day.

Bottom line, you might get some pesos or $$ if you complain to delta. But don't bet on it.

-A
Old Jan 7, 2014, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by thesaints
Has anybody had any experience with them ?
My bag got to SFO a few hours after I did on Jan 5. DL representative said it would be delivered the following day.
DL website reports "file closed" as of a couple hours ago.
Delivery company website has been displaying "Awaiting Assignment to Driver" since early morning Jan 6. My email inquiries have gone unanswered.

W.T.F.! I live 45 minutes from the airport. I would have very willingly driven back to pick it up myself.
Did you ever get your bag? This is the exact same thing that is happening to me today! Can't find any way to contact them other than an email address they don't answer!
Old Jan 8, 2014, 12:04 am
Original Poster

Just got it. Watch out their emails about the driver being on his way got to me after the bag did. Good thing I was obsessively monitoring the website.
Bag was 48 hours late.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
My "promised time" was passed in my 1 experience, had to stay up past midnight wondering if it would come and it eventually did, around 1230am.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 10:14 am

wheresmysuitcase.com sucks

This service is terrible. I just arrived from Toronto on 1/8/14 and because of the weather, my bag did not make the connection in ATL (I barely did). So, the bag is officially "delayed". Delta handed it over to this third party service (wheresmysuitcase.com) and they have yet to contact me. It's now the 10th... I've emailed their customer service department twice and have had no response. There is no phone number to call, and I can't get anyone at Delta to respond. Super frustrating customer experience all around. I can't believe airlines are allowed to delegate their responsibility for checked luggage to a shady organization like this.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 10:22 am

Programs: DL DM & 1 MM, Hilton Silver, Hertz Gold
I believe it is a service that contracts with independent local delivery services/drivers. At my home airport (SAN), I have had uniformly bad experience - some of it mentioned above - like a long delay for assigning to a driver, inaccurate estimate of delivery time, the website link supposedly showing the driver location was wrong, etc. I received bag 30+ hours after my arrival at SAN from JFK and 18 hours after the bag arrived at SAN. There was a phone number provided on the website when it told me the bag had been assigned for delivery, but it simply went to a voice mailbox and I never got a response.

In other towns, I have had excellent, timely service. Again, I'm thinking it is highly dependent on the quality of the local contractor.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 12:34 am

Programs: Skymiles, MPL Chase Premier
Originally Posted by Mtorres253
TSo, the bag is officially "delayed". Delta handed it over to this third party service (wheresmysuitcase.com) and they have yet to contact me. It's now the 10th... I've emailed their customer service department twice and have had no response.
Is the bag even at your destination? What does the Delta claim say? If the bag isn't at your destination airport, wheresmysuitcase can't deliver it.....
Old Jan 12, 2014, 10:58 am

Took a train from DTW to YYZ on Monday due to cancellations and still waiting on the bag to be delivered. Bag made it to YYZ and the wheresmysuitcase people actually removed their contact info from their site.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
dealing with these jackalopes in STL right now.

my bag got to STL at 5pm and was assigned to "wheresmysuitcase" at 6:30

it was sent out for delivery at 7 with an ETA of 1AM

bag status now again shows as "ready for driver pickup"

been without my bag for 36 hours. i would have gone to the airport to pick it up had i known. now too late to go shopping for clothes to wear tomorrow and my day starts at 7am.

DL has handled this terribly and these jackalopes even worse.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.