Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Flyertalk DL mbwmbw Party (Bay Area Residents)

Old Jan 13, 2014, 7:52 am

Programs: DL DM/MM

I'm local and might be able to make it. I can't make it during weekend of 2/14 or 2/21 because I'll be abroad. FWIW, I'd prefer the second week of March-- though the first weekend is fine too. Thanks for organizing this
Old Jan 13, 2014, 8:01 am

Programs: DL 3MM/FC/DM LT; LH FT LT; HH DIA
Count me in! Tx
Old Jan 21, 2014, 2:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, US G, SPG P, HH D, MR G, NEXUS/GE, DL AMEX Reserve
. Updates on the dates coming soon...
Old Jan 21, 2014, 4:48 am

Programs: SA Lifetime Gold, DL Diamond, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
While I am half a world away, it is good to see a sense of community here and wish I could attend. Have fun guys!
Old Jan 21, 2014, 6:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
First weekend of February-March, IIRC March 1 is the Saturday, is impossible for me.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 9:51 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DTWNate

Other things to consider for the event...

1)VIP area for DM's...maybe PM's too...definitely not GM's or FO's.
You might need a SUPER VIP area just for Double Diamond DYKWIAs!
Old Jan 21, 2014, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, US G, SPG P, HH D, MR G, NEXUS/GE, DL AMEX Reserve
I am not around in February on the weekends. To accommodate the large interest of those willing to fly into San Francisco, I think a Saturday would be best for the main meetup. If someone else wants to take lead and organize the event in February please let me know, but I will not be around to join :'(.

I propose the meetup be held from March 7-9, 2014.

Expectations:
There may have been some confusion around expectations regarding this event, so I'd like to clear any concerns up. I should have used the word "organize" rather than host. Those who attend should expect to pay their own way through the weekend and at the various events. This includes, but is not limited to, transportation (airline, taxi, BART, muni, etc.), food, beverage, and hotel. For those of you wondering, I've been in touch with DL and they will not count expense other than DL airfare towards MQD. I suggest you contact DL.dumb for the exact MQD you'll earn by taking this journey.

Once the various venues are selected, I will post estimated costs for those locations.

I'll be there merely as another guest of the FlyerTalk community. Perhaps, though, if you are lucky, I will procure you an cocktail (if you are of legal drinking age and do drink), or a mocktail (if not). Sorry for all of you who were hoping I'd be footing your bill, or for any other confusion around this and thank you to those who brought this to my attention .

Proposed Event Timeline:
Friday, March 7, 2014:
Pre-game

Those who are flying in early for the weekend could have a small get-together somewhere downtown, close to the BART.

Saturday, March 8, 2014:
The Main Event.

We could have a meetup at the DL SkyClub for those flying in from 8am - to whenever (just really depends on when people are flying in). I'm hoping we'll have enough SkyClub members to guest people in who don't have AMEX.

Later in the day/evening the group would meetup at a SPG Hotel downtown (for those who actually live in the bay area, or don't want to pay the $16 to BART for a round trip ticket to the airport).

Following this would be a dinner for those who wish to attend.

Sunday, March 9, 2014:
After Party.

To be determined. Perhaps a group event if anyone is interested?
Comments?

Last edited by mbwmbw; Jan 22, 2014 at 9:46 am
Old Jan 21, 2014, 11:30 pm
us2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL
I'm in. Will arrive Saturday and depart Sunday unless something comes up.

Will be at the Hilton Union Square, which has some very good rates right now -- with tax, the room came in at under $150, which is extremely good for SFO.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 1:39 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by us2

Will be at the Hilton Union Square, which has some very good rates right now -- with tax, the room came in at under $150, which is extremely good for SFO.
You do know, don't you, that the Hilton is a big convention hotel not located on Union Square?
Old Jan 22, 2014, 1:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Quote:

Originally Posted by us2

You do know, don't you, that the Hilton is a big convention hotel not located on Union Square?
It's a huge hotel that is easy to access. Yes it's not directly on Union Square but close enough. MSP, do you think you'll be able to come?

Last edited by mbwmbw; Jan 22, 2014 at 9:41 am
Old Jan 22, 2014, 1:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by us2

One of the reasons I picked that weekend was the low hotel rates, although, as some others have already noted other weekends did as well.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 1:55 am

[QUOTE=mbwmbw;22199524]
Quote:

Originally Posted by us2

You do know, don't you, that the Hilton is a big convention hotel not located on Union Square?[/QUOTE
It's a huge hotel that is easy to access. Yes it's not directly on Union Square but close enough. MSP, do you think you'll be able to come?
I think of the Hilton as a couple blocks from Union Square, in the direction of the theater district. It's on the street that has the entrance to the Westin's modern tower and garage, which is the vehicle entrance to the main lobby and check in area, as opposed to the historic older Westin St Francis building's entrance right on the square. Sorry that my mind is blanking now on street names.

I'd like to come, but it would be nice to have more details. I also need to double check for date conflicts as I've been traveling.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 5:43 am
us2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL
I do as I've stayed there before. Frankly, there aren't a lot of options for Hilton in SFO and the price was too good to pass up. Hope you can make it out.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 8:37 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Plan sounds good to me, and dates are perfect. I'll be there
Old Jan 22, 2014, 8:54 am
Original Poster

If you think you're going to be able to make these dates please let me know. Furthermore, if you're flying in could you provide your approximate arrival time and which events you would tentatively be interested in? When finding bar space I want to have an idea of how many people will be coming so I can ensure there is an appropriate amount of space.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.