Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Meal vouchers for IROPs going away?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2016, 4:07 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
So i was on UA from Ewr-Oma and the flight was canceled due to mech reasons. They put me in a cab and sent me to LGA for a direct LGA-OMA flight. Of course its currently 2 hr 40 min delayed as well. I asked the gate agent for a voucher and got a we'll hand out sandwiches later speech. Then I asked at customer service and they said they don't give out meal vouchers. He was absolutely positively sure even a red coat couldn't get me one.

As i'm leaving I notice a redcoat talking to some other lady dressed in a very classy buisness jacket and skirt and carrying a radio. I decide what the heck and try again. The lady walks to the cust service counter and ordered the same agent I just left to give me a $15 meal voucher. Lol. He wasn't too happy about me going over him but hey. Suddenly he managed to print one in seconds.

Anyone know who that lady is? Perhaps a high roller attendent or corporate. Keep in mind i am basically 8 hrs delayed and starving. Hope to get some comp out of united later and AS miles for the DL flight shopefully.

Last edited by HGHUA; Jan 18, 2016 at 4:27 pm
Old Jan 18, 2016, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by HGHUA
So i was on UA from Ewr-Oma and the flight was canceled due to mech reasons. They put me in a cab and sent me to LGA for a direct LGA-OMA flight. Of course its currently 2 hr 40 min delayed as well. I asked the gate agent for a voucher and got a we'll hand out sandwiches later speech. Then I asked at customer service and they said they don't give out meal vouchers. He was absolutely positively sure even a red coat couldn't get me one.

As i'm leaving I notice a redcoat talking to some other lady dressed in a very classy buisness jacket and skirt and carrying a radio. I decide what the heck and try again. The lady walks to the cust service counter and ordered the same agent I just left to give me a $25 meal voucher. Lol. He wasn't too happy about me going over him but hey. Suddenly he managed to print one in seconds.

Anyone know who that lady is? Perhaps a high roller attendent or corporate. Keep in mind i am basically 8 hrs delayed and starving. Hope to get some comp out of united later and AS miles for the DL flight shopefully.
I'm confused. Was this a Delta or United flight? Delta's meal vouchers are issued as an unadjustable $15 amount.

Delta's Operations Service Managers wear plain clothes and work in the concourse and in an office. They're one step above Red Coats and are typically in charge of a concourse or about 50 agents and a few Red Coats at a time. They aren't frontline staff and aren't necessarily trained in any gate functions. If they are, it's because they used to be a frontline employee.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Sorry your right I hit 2 by mistake. I meant $15. Typing on a phone...

Its united ticket stock. They put me on delta since they didn't have any alt flights that day. Paid $75 for a taxi too.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by HGHUA
Sorry your right I hit 2 by mistake. I meant $15. Typing on a phone...

Its united ticket stock. They put me on delta since they didn't have any alt flights that day. Paid $75 for a taxi too.
Delta enhanced its meal voucher policy to increase from $7 to $15 but now only provides them on a case-by-case basis... opting for flight-level catering instead of vouchers to improve the service recovery experience.

If you're not an unaccompanied minor or don't have a food allergy, meal vouchers are hard to come by when it comes to flight-level irop compensation.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 3:56 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Silver
Flying IND-LGA-MCO today, my IND-LGA flight was delayed almost 2 hours due to a missing FO (scheduling issue - he called in sick very last minute), so I missed my connection and am getting home almost 4 hours late. The SkyClub agent at LGA told me they don't do vouchers anymore but gave me a card with the 800 number and told me that if I called I'd probably get some miles. So there's another data point for you. I know they were only $6 but at least it was something.

They did bring out the snack cart at the gate in IND but not until boarding was finally starting.

Also completely off topic, but yet again I had two flights on a 739 with no PDB in F. Do they just not do them on this aircraft? I've never, ever had one on a 739 but rarely miss them otherwise.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
I was on a seriously delayed flight the other day and they brought pizza to the gate.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by sethb
I was on a seriously delayed flight the other day and they brought pizza to the gate.
DL is usually pretty good in that regard. CVG always wheels out a snack cart at a minimum, and if really delayed, they'll buy Chick-fil-A for affected pax.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 6:59 pm
zld

Programs: AA EP, DL GM
Originally Posted by realjd
Flying IND-LGA-MCO today, my IND-LGA flight was delayed almost 2 hours due to a missing FO...
For a split second, I took this to mean a missing Silver Medallion pax
Old Mar 31, 2016, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by zld
for a split second, i took this to mean a missing silver medallion pax
😂 😂 😂

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.