Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

USB ports at all Economy international seats?

Old Dec 29, 13, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold Medallion

I'm trying to figure out if there will definitely be USB ports at my Economy Discomfort seat for an upcoming flight to GIG. I tried using the search feature here first, I promise My flight details say yes, but clicking on the aircraft info (767-400) says no, only in BE and Economy Comfort. Does anyone know?
Old Jan 22, 14, 6:19 am

did you fly yet?

were there ports?
Old Jan 22, 14, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
All widebodies - domestic and international - will have AVOD and USB ports at every seat by June '14. Within that set, the only aircraft that lack USB ports in coach today are the dozen or so as yet unreconfigured A332/A333.
Old Jan 22, 14, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by 3Cforme View Post
today are the dozen or so as yet unreconfigured A332/A333.
Cool, so flight 60/61 (767-400) in early feb. should be fine and with the usb ports working, which is great news... nice to know that we can "charge" the gadgets and keep the baby entertained for such a long flight...

thanks
Old Jan 22, 14, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Earth. Residency:HKG formerly:YYZ Business: ATL, PVG, PEK, CAN, SZX, MNL, SIN, KUL, BKK, SGN, CPT, UIO
Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
The screen usb are very limited in current output. Newer devices might not be chargable with them.

The underseat outlet in EC and console outlets in BE is more powerful and have not met a charging challenge from me yet.
Old Jan 22, 14, 4:25 pm

All widebodies - domestic and international - will have AVOD and USB ports at every seat by June '14. Within that set, the only aircraft that lack USB ports in coach today are the dozen or so as yet unreconfigured A332/A333.
Actually, as of today the 77L only have usb ports in the forward economy cabin.
Old Jan 23, 14, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 1MM, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Nugget_Oz View Post
Actually, as of today the 77L only have usb ports in the forward economy cabin.
Mods? Did something change?

The 777s only have power outlets, vice just USB, in rows 31-40. This has always been the case.

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...lr-77l-fb.html
Old Jan 23, 14, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by RedRobin View Post
Cool, so flight 60/61 (767-400) in early feb. should be fine and with the usb ports working, which is great news... nice to know that we can "charge" the gadgets and keep the baby entertained for such a long flight...

thanks
Be careful there. I haven't been in a 764 that had working power ports in other than a few of the first economy rows. Most of the pauper class doesn't have power at all.
Old Jan 23, 14, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Earth. Residency:HKG formerly:YYZ Business: ATL, PVG, PEK, CAN, SZX, MNL, SIN, KUL, BKK, SGN, CPT, UIO
Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
The 763 and 747 refurb birds have a USB socket on the IFE screen of limited charging amperage.

The 764 and 777 IFE does not have the socket.
Old Jan 24, 14, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by tentseller View Post
The 764 and 777 IFE does not have the socket.
ok. thanks. so much for charging my iphone5 then...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: