FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Platinum Welcome Package Credentials (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1535537-platinum-welcome-package-credentials.html)

Nikki30M Dec 28, 2013 7:03 pm

Platinum Welcome Package Credentials

Random question, but how many drink coupons are members getting with their Platinum Welcome package? When I made Gold last year I remember getting 6-8. With this welcome package at Platinum, I received four. Also, when people re-qualified for their current Medallion status (ie, a Gold requalified for Gold), did they also get a credentials package?

LADELTA777 Dec 28, 2013 7:07 pm

Just received mine as well, cards did not change a lot lot from last year.
The font is smaller and the widget is in a different location but besides that not much change over last year.

LADELTA777 Dec 28, 2013 7:09 pm

My gf just received her GM credentials as well and the drink coupons feels and looks like high quality paper compared to other years.

This paper even has a grainy texture.

Nikki30M Dec 28, 2013 7:12 pm

My paper is higher quality as well.

How many did you both get though? More or less? Also, were you PM and was she GM last year?

xliioper Dec 28, 2013 7:14 pm

I have always received 4 Have One on Us coupons as a Plat (and 3 Job Well Done certificates). I think your mind is playing tricks on you.

LADELTA777 Dec 28, 2013 7:17 pm

I did not received any drink coupons but she did get 4 as a GM.

Nikki30M Dec 28, 2013 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by LBJ (Post 22042714)
I have always received 4 Have One on Us coupons as a Plat (and 3 Job Well Done certificates). I think your mind is playing tricks on you.

Ha - maybe. My friend just confirmed that she got six drink coupons last year as a GM as well, so we both must be going crazy. They were smaller than the coupons I received this year.

travelingbob Dec 28, 2013 8:21 pm

Why is it a big deal? If you print your boarding pass for EVERY flight you get a HOOU for each flight. Just saying ......:cool:

Nikki30M Dec 28, 2013 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by travelingbob (Post 22042940)
Why is it a big deal? If you print your boarding pass for EVERY flight you get a HOOU for each flight. Just saying ......:cool:

I don't actually get them for every flight. Because you do, however, that must mean EVERYONE experiences the same thing.

That said, it was just a question, which is generally what forums are for. Alas, I forgot this is the Delta FlyerTalk forum....

xliioper Dec 28, 2013 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by Nikki30M (Post 22042834)
Ha - maybe. My friend just confirmed that she got six drink coupons last year as a GM as well, so we both must be going crazy. They were smaller than the coupons I received this year.

Well, maybe you two are more special than me. I only know I've always gotten 4 and have folded once them width-wise and once heighth-wise along the perforations into a neat little rectangle and then stuck it in a business card sized pocket in my backpack. I guess it's sort of like a ritual which is why I distinctly remember the 4 coupons. I'd definitely remember having to do more than 2 folds.

travelingbob Dec 28, 2013 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by Nikki30M (Post 22042953)
I don't actually get them for every flight. Because you do, however, that must mean EVERYONE experiences the same thing.

That said, it was just a question, which is generally what forums are for. Alas, I forgot this is the Delta FlyerTalk forum....

I want to be helpful ... :) ... If you are not getting them to print for every print at home boarding pass, you might want to check which browser you use and try another. Delta.dumb can be frustrating at time. I read the Delta forums .... The only reason you would not get the HOOU is if you have a First Class upgrade. I hope this helps .... :p

xliioper Dec 28, 2013 9:07 pm

While the HOOU's have been pretty consistent for me as a Plat, I've not gotten them a few times (when not upgraded). I'm pretty sure that Gold's and Silver's don't always get them.

travelingbob Dec 28, 2013 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by LBJ (Post 22043116)
While the HOOU's have been pretty consistent for me as a Plat, I've not gotten them a few times (when not upgraded). I'm pretty sure that Gold's and Silver's don't always get them.

OK .... if that is the case I stand corrected .... I would suggest the OP reads the folliowing link and try Rene's suggestions ..... He is generally pretty good with these .... http://boardingarea.com/deltapoints/...rink-on-delta/

Nikki30M Dec 28, 2013 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by travelingbob (Post 22043146)
OK .... if that is the case I stand corrected .... I would suggest the OP reads the folliowing link and try Rene's suggestions ..... He is generally pretty good with these .... http://boardingarea.com/deltapoints/...rink-on-delta/

Thanks travelingbob! And sorry for snapping... :eek:

I guess I'm just used to having to be on edge here on the forums...and now I'm lashing out at everyone.

Thanks for all your answers, everyone! I remember having enough coupons when I made Gold (in 2012) to last me the last few months of 2012 and all of 2013. In fact, I just used the last one two weeks ago (and I gave away a couple of them to friends) I was just surprised when I made Platinum because I assumed there would be more. Just wanted a sanity check!

scottsam66 Dec 28, 2013 9:54 pm

I had a colleague of mine have all other Delta flyers print their BPs and give him the free drink coupon. He also was successful at printing his pass multiple times and getting multiple coupons (though I think that ability stopped after a few weeks).

His kit contained a fine Manila paper, very coarse with wonderful watermark. He folded them into an origami sparrow...(the FAs were always impressed)...