Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Economy Comfort 767-400

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2013, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

Good evening,

Next year we will be flying on flight DL39 from London to Atlanta. It's our eighth trip to the states and we are now finding economy class really hard going. We are considering paying the extra and going for economy comfort. At present all the economy comfort seats in rows 15-18 are available.

Can anybody advise on the best seats to go for. Or are they all pretty much the same?

Grateful for any advice.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 4:09 pm

Programs: Delta FO
Assuming you have had a look at seat guru.com?
Old Dec 23, 2013, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Hi Richard,

Yes, I have had a quick look at seat guru. I also read somewhere else that seats 15 F and G were the best ones to go for. But this does not seem to be supported by comments on seat guru. Therefore thought it may be best to ask the resident experts on flyertalk for their advice.

Thanks.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 4:32 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite

Perhaps you are confusing a post on a 763 which are flown on many domestic routes. On the 764, my preferred seats are row 17
Old Dec 23, 2013, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Hi Suvayanr,

You may well be right. Can I ask why you prefer row 17?

thanks
Old Dec 23, 2013, 5:01 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, Hilton - Diamond, PriorityClub - Platinum
Legroom in row 15 on the 764 is not good. The other rows are standard EC type seats. The equipment boxes for the AVOD are relatively large on these planes and can intrude into your foot space. Search for Rwowan's flying to London FAQ for more details.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by Elddis
Good evening,

Next year we will be flying on flight DL39 from London to Atlanta. It's our eighth trip to the states and we are now finding economy class really hard going. We are considering paying the extra and going for economy comfort. At present all the economy comfort seats in rows 15-18 are available.

Can anybody advise on the best seats to go for. Or are they all pretty much the same?

Grateful for any advice.
See post #1 for feedback an pics on the 764:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...t-seating.html

- Legroom: row 15 is terrible. Row 30 (exit) has the best legroom on the plane, at least in they Economy cabin, including EC.

- There is an entertainment box under seats A D E and G.

- The bins over 16CDE cannot be used for stowing carry on items because of emergency equipment.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
To add, this tread should be useful as well:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...london-dl.html
Old Dec 23, 2013, 7:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite
Basically summaries my choice of row 17. Though there is a exit row with even more legroom if that's your thing. Otherwise if you want the most recline, take 17.

Originally Posted by rwoman
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elddis

Good evening,

Grateful for any advice.

See post #1 for feedback an pics on the 764:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...t-seating.html

- Legroom: row 15 is terrible. Row 30 (exit) has the best legroom on the plane, at least in they Economy cabin, including EC.

- There is an entertainment box under seats A D E and G.

- The bins over 16CDE cannot be used for stowing carry on items because of emergency equipment.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 5:30 am
Original Poster

Thank you all for your very helpful replies. I think row 30 had already been assigned. I'll probably go for row 17.

Just hope the few extra inches of legroom make a difference to our comfort on the flight. We really do struggle on these longer flights now. Still, it's all worth it once we get there! On the plus side Delta were considerably cheaper than all the other airlines we looked at. Have been for the past couple of years.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 6:26 am

On the 767-400 16C, 17C, and 18C are my jam.
Row 30 is enticing but I would absolutely never sit there. Always 1-6 people waiting for the Lav's and FA's messing with the wall of galley storage. Probably stinks too.

EDIT: oh also, bring your own headphones!
Old Dec 24, 2013, 6:38 am

Programs: Delta - PM, Hilton - Diamond, PriorityClub - Platinum
Agree on the headphones; the Delta freebies don't fit my ears well at all. I wanted to shoot myself after realizing that I had left mine in my checked bag on my return flight from London last week.

Contrary to Rwowan's earlier post and past personal experience, they allowed the use of the bin over row 16C for luggage on my flight. A large soft sided duffle was right on top of all of the supplies. The flight was completely full and we were facing a stiff headwind, maybe that is why they allowed it to fly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.