FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   DL DM flyers with lifetime SkyClub membership (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1533773-dl-dm-flyers-lifetime-skyclub-membership.html)

Lane412000 Dec 23, 2013 9:59 am

DL DM flyers with lifetime SkyClub membership

Do you wish we were given another option to choose from since the SkyClub membership provided as a DM is not needed?

I wish I was given another benefit to choose from and wanted to see if I was alone in my thinking or wishing :)

PDXNRTLHR Dec 23, 2013 11:53 am

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but I think it's fine the way it is. We can't all take advantage of all the benefits we get. Should someone who only flies paid F get an additional benefit since they don't take advantage of medallion upgrades?

Again, I'm not a DM, but that's my opinion.

CPMaverick Dec 23, 2013 12:03 pm

Of course you would wish there was an additional benefit, right? But as PDX said, not everyone can take advantage of all the benefits, it's just the way it is. International DMs would get SkyClub even at Gold level, and don't get upgraded unless they happen to be flying inside the US. DMs at airports without SkyClubs don't get any access when they depart from home, and DMs riding in a CRJ200 enjoy the same class as service as everyone else :) Que sera sera...

dd1612 Dec 23, 2013 12:11 pm

In my example I get Skyclub membership through:

i) Life Time Skyclub membership
ii) Delta AMEX Reserve card
iii) DM

and with the AMEX Business Platinum.

Additionally when I travel internationally I get Lounge access either through Skyteam Elite+ status or through Priority Pass or through AMEX Business Platinum.

I am with the OP in wishing we were given other options to choose from since the SkyClub membership provided as a DM or Delta AMEX Reserve card are not required.

You are not alone in my thinking or wishing, but it is what it is!

anbhc Dec 23, 2013 1:02 pm

DL DM flyers with lifetime SkyClub membership

I get Skyclub membership through:

1) Life Time Skyclub membership
2) DM

Would love an alternate choice benefits instead, but don't be surprised if one day Delta decides to make 1 year SkyClub membership one of the Choice benefits instead, rather than giving it to DMs.

Delta giveth and Delta taketh away.

Still I am overall pleased with the level of service, waivers and upgrades I have been given as A DM/Million Miler/SkyClub Lifetime member

deltadiva Dec 23, 2013 1:31 pm

Didn't know Delta was giving Life Time anything these days. Thought it had been changed to Complimentary Annual . :(

Lane412000 Dec 23, 2013 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by deltadiva (Post 22017101)
Didn't know Delta was giving Life Time anything these days. Thought it had been changed to Complimentary Annual . :(

No, it was a NWA WorldClub lifetime membership that Delta agreed to honor when the merger took place.

Now, a scary thing with the SkyClub lifetime membership. There is an expiration date. The scary thing is that Delta has determined when a SkyClub lifetime holder's date of death will be.....lol. A rep at a SkyClub informed me of my expiration date, which is like November 12, 2053 or some date like that. If effected me for two days trying to forget about it....laughing

StayingHomeIsBetter Dec 23, 2013 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by deltadiva (Post 22017101)

Some folks paid for a lifetime club membership... subject to the potential redefinition of "lifetime" by Virginia Ave (they have done this before).

Complementary Annual is for Medallion made by Million Miler multiples (a little alliteration there).

But, for you DMs with lifetime membership... perhaps your membership will be extended for one year after your demise. Your two allowed guests merely have to prop you up and bring you in a la "Weekend at Bernie's." :D:D:D

puntamita Dec 23, 2013 8:26 pm

I would like to see Gogo internet service as a choice benefit. Would be great for Diamond to receive free Gogo

advancepsy Dec 23, 2013 9:03 pm

I agree: the SC benefit for DM's is worthless since I: (1) have the AMEX reserve card; and (2) travel mostly int'l. I informed DL as such.

relangford Dec 23, 2013 9:55 pm

The scary thing is that Delta has determined when a SkyClub lifetime holder's date of death will be..... A rep at a SkyClub informed me of my expiration date, which is like November 12, 2053 or some date like that.
I get into SkyClubs by my AmEx Delta Reserve card. But, I am also a lifetime member of the United Club (which gives my "expiration" date as 2099, so I guess I'll live a lot longer than you). ;)

Lane412000 Dec 24, 2013 7:39 am

Originally Posted by puntamita (Post 22018692)
I would like to see Gogo internet service as a choice benefit. Would be great for Diamond to receive free Gogo

Would be my first selection if offered and then I would be the first one here to complain that it is useless because too many passengers were using all the wifi bandwidth on my flights.....lol

socrates Dec 24, 2013 8:27 am

Originally Posted by Lane412000 (Post 22017349)
No, it was a NWA WorldClub lifetime membership that Delta agreed to honor when the merger took place.

Now, a scary thing with the SkyClub lifetime membership. There is an expiration date. The scary thing is that Delta has determined when a SkyClub lifetime holder's date of death will be.....lol. A rep at a SkyClub informed me of my expiration date, which is like November 12, 2053 or some date like that. If effected me for two days trying to forget about it....laughing

Just a point of clarification - DL didn't "agree" to anything, once companies merge all obligations are assumed by the surviving entity...DL HAD to honor lifetime memberships (the way airlines have been able to avoid this in the past is through bankruptcy...but that wasn't an option here)

As to the expiration date...that's about when my card is listed to expire but I have some cards that don't list an expiration date and some that do....figure I'll figure it out in 40 years

dd1612 Dec 24, 2013 8:38 am

Originally Posted by socrates (Post 22020419)
As to the expiration date...that's about when my card is listed to expire but I have some cards that don't list an expiration date and some that do....figure I'll figure it out in 40 years

My Lifetime Skyclub does not have an expiration date on it.

Lane412000 Dec 25, 2013 12:05 am

Originally Posted by dd1612 (Post 22020477)
My Lifetime Skyclub does not have an expiration date on it.

I don't think any of the cards have an expiration date on the card, but if you ask the SkyClub representative, he/she will let you know what it is. You may want to think about it before asking though, tough to know your end of life date :D