Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do Delta Lounges ever have hot food?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2013, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Do Delta Lounges ever have hot food?

I was at the DTW main Delta lounge the other day and I saw a posting that said "at this time, the buffet is out of operation".. However, for the past year, I have NEVER seen a buffet there.

My question is has the buffet ever been "in" operation?
Old Dec 18, 2013, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Other than the oatmeal in the morning? Not recently. They experimented with soup in the afternoon for a brief period a couple years ago. The former BE lounge in ATL E had afternoon buffets until about 4 years ago (although my memory is hazy when they dropped it).
Old Dec 18, 2013, 1:19 pm

The SkyClub in Manila has hot snacks!
Old Dec 18, 2013, 1:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
There's hot coffee and hot water for tea. Sometimes I see packages of hot chocolate mix.

You could put carrot sticks in a cup of hot water to heat them. I haven't seen any ketchup or one could make tomato soup with the hot water (starving student urban legend).
Old Dec 18, 2013, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mikepa
Ah, I forgot about the international clubs. Tokyo has hot foods as well I believe. And, of course, the various partner lounges. And the AS lounges have soup.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
You can toast a bagel for yourself.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 1:25 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by LBJ
Ah, I forgot about the international clubs. Tokyo has hot foods as well I believe. And, of course, the various partner lounges. And the AS lounges have soup.
I was thinking about NRT but I don't think I've seen hot food there recently.

Partner and contract lounges are a different kettle of fish.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 1:27 pm

Maybe the bartender will make something that sort of resembles Irish coffee or you could add your own alcohol to coffee or tea.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 1:28 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Silver
The carrots can be pretty warm if they've been out for a while.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 1:37 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I was thinking about NRT but I don't think I've seen hot food there recently.

Partner and contract lounges are a different kettle of fish.
NRT has usually chips, sushi, small wraps, pretzels, congee, salad, pasta, noodles , fried rice and several soups.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 1:48 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SWA Styrofoam, Marriott Rew, SPG, HHonors
Hot food from the menu at JFK T4

Delta's huge JFK investment includes a revamped Sky Club with table service and menu selections. Worry not carrot lovers and postage stamp-sized wrapped cheese fans, your SC classics are appearing daily there as well.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 1:55 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by mikepa
Other than the congee/soup, what else do they serve hot? Have only ever seen the soup, small sandwiches, cookies, crackers, veggies, fruits, cheese. Definitely better than any US SkyClub though. One toilet per sex is no good though.

NRT usually has soup and congee, rice or pasta dish, chips, sushi, chocolate cake (yum),pasta salad, and the infamous beer machines.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 2:05 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, Avis Preferred
They only have hot food if you sneak it in from the outside...for a classy lounge, try the KLM lounge at AMS.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by waltinsocal
They only have hot food if you sneak it in from the outside...for a classy lounge, try the KLM lounge at AMS.
They used to heat the chips to go with the salsa or sometimes guacamole.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 7:55 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by Mrdonut
Delta's huge JFK investment includes a revamped Sky Club with table service and menu selections. Worry not carrot lovers and postage stamp-sized wrapped cheese fans, your SC classics are appearing daily there as well.
There are charges for the JFK Sky Club menu selections, unlike the VS Clubhouse, which has a complimentary menu of hot and cold selections (soups, hamburgers, entrees, etc). The Clubhouse is open to DL PM and DM passengers on Delta or VS flights to LHR as well as BE or Upper Class pax on those flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.