Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What date will AS and DL announce that their partnership will end?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What date will AS and DL announce that their partnership will end?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2015, 4:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by Silver Meteor
Originally Posted by jrl767
I have flown 20 segments on AS in the last four months, landed at BWI this morning with (by my math) 40007 BIS miles

I have boarded at IAD, DCA, BWI, SEA, PDX, EUG, and LAX ... about half the time, the AS GAs have said "First Class, 75K, MVPG, MVP, and partner Elite members"; about half the time they have said ""First Class, 75K, MVPG, and American Airlines Platinum and EXP" specifically excluding DL
Yes, when I was at PDX last month, I was specifically listening for that. I was in that area of PDX where all the AS communter planes board from. Every announcement when I was there, they specifically included Delta elites (as well as American), in the announcement. And I probably listened to at least 10+ announcements during my 90 minutes sitting in that area. All mentioned Delta elites can board first.
Must have been the old script
Old Oct 20, 2015, 7:20 pm

Programs: Retired. Amtrak, DL (2MM, Signed up for DL FF program 2nd day offered 8/81), Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Must have been the old script
No idea if it was an old script or not. This was the first time I have flown AS in 20+ years. Yes, the flight from PDX to RDM was short, but the service on the ground and in the air was A+. No complaints at all.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by jiburi
Effective Jan 1, 2016, AS boardroom members will no longer have access to Delta Sky Club lounges. That usually implicate the reciprocal benefit, Skyclub members will likely not have access to Board Room.

Jiburi
Yeah, pretty crappy but not surprising. I think while the DL-AS 'relationship' hasn't been officially ended, for all practical purposes it is over.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by rylan
Yeah, pretty crappy but not surprising. I think while the DL-AS 'relationship' hasn't been officially ended, for all practical purposes it is over.
Maybe DL and AS are staying together for the kids (pax & $) even though everyone knows that DL is sleeping on the couch while AS is calling old "friends" for a get together. (AA, FI, HU)

Everyone knows it's done but no one talks about it openly, and all heck will break loose when the kids go to college.

Maybe they'll cut SEA in half?
Old Oct 21, 2015, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I'm surprised that the DL Sky Magazine still mentioned AS and shows their routes
Old Oct 21, 2015, 1:46 pm
Suspended

Starting January 1st, 2016 no more AS Board Room access for Delta Sky Club® members.

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...-updates.html#
Old Oct 21, 2015, 5:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Starting January 1st, 2016 no more AS Board Room access for Delta Sky Club® members.

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...-updates.html#
I love how delta rubs it in that there are only 4 Alaska board rooms and that there are over 50 skyclubs plus partner lounges across 6 continents;

Starting January 1, 2016, Alaska Airlines will no longer offer Delta Sky Club® members complimentary access to their four Board Rooms. However, we will continue to welcome you to our 50 airport Clubs and 30 partner lounges1 across six continents.

Plus, Alaska's lounges really aren't needed anymore anyway b/c DL is adding a 2nd lounge at SEA and LAX.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 5:36 pm

Programs: Delta Dirt Medallion,AA,USairways, WN Rapid Rewards, National Emerald Club
Originally Posted by kop84
Maybe DL and AS are staying together for the kids (pax & $) even though everyone knows that DL is sleeping on the couch while AS is calling old "friends" for a get together. (AA, FI, HU)

Everyone knows it's done but no one talks about it openly, and all heck will break loose when the kids go to college.

Maybe they'll cut SEA in half?
Woe be unto Seattle if a merger friendly administration is elected; if Delta makes a bid for AS then Seattle will get a full dose of Delta love.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 5:39 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by hazelrah
Woe be unto Seattle if a merger friendly administration is elected; if Delta makes a bid for AS then Seattle will get a full dose of Delta love.
This is nonsense. AS is not interested in a merger. DL will not do a hostile takeover of AS.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
A. Nobody in the Pacific Northwest wants this.
B. Alaska's market cap makes it indigestible, even by DL.
C. Even if DL were to give it a shot, AS would take defensive measures, ranging up to merging with another B-tier airline.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 5:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
And replace one of the best frequent flyer programs with one of the worst!
Old Oct 21, 2015, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

How much more merger friendly of an administration could there be than the current one?

Southwest + Airtran
Delta + Northwest (blame Bush or Obama?)
United Airlines + Continental
American + US Airways

If DL wants to acquire AS, they have a year left!
Old Oct 22, 2015, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Is it just a matter of time before you can no longer use SM on AS? This only goes to strengthen the AS-AA partnership.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 5:21 am

Programs: Delta Dirt Medallion,AA,USairways, WN Rapid Rewards, National Emerald Club
Originally Posted by LarkSFO
How much more merger friendly of an administration could there be than the current one?

Southwest + Airtran
Delta + Northwest (blame Bush or Obama?)
United Airlines + Continental
American + US Airways

If DL wants to acquire AS, they have a year left!
And ATT and T-mobile and COMCAST Time Warner were blocked. You understand that big money was on the line and blocking these took some cohones?

The airlines are a not a good example, airline deregulation is/was a failed model and all the lagacy airlines went bankrupt and the government really didn't have a choice but to permit greater concentration.

IMO Delta/AS merger wouldn't stand a prayer under the current merger scrutiny, hence Delta's decision to grow organically in SEA. You think having a fare war with AS in SEA is good for the bottom line?
Old Oct 22, 2015, 5:31 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
IMO Delta/AS merger wouldn't stand a prayer under the current merger scrutiny, hence Delta's decision to grow organically in SEA. You think having a fare war with AS in SEA is good for the bottom line?
The question isn't whether fighting AS is good for the bottom line, but whether it is cheaper than buying (or buying off with an overly favorable feed deal) AS. AS is, to my mind, a pretty tough nugget to swallow for a SEA hub and some used 737s. I'd take my chances that I could simply grow what I needed to grow organically.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.