JFK Summer Seasonals

Old Dec 13, 13, 9:53 am
[INACTIVE] Company Representative - Delta Air Lines
Original Poster

JFK Summer Seasonals

Hi all -
This is going to be a rather lengthy one, but I wanted to get a post up about our JFK summer seasonal service for 2014.

- JFK-Malaga will recommence, effective June 6, 2014. The flight will initially operate four times weekly in June increasing to five times weekly in July using a 757-200 aircraft with 167 seats in conjunction with Delta’s joint venture partner Air France KLM.

- JFK-Stockholm will recommence, effective June 2, 2014. The flight will initially operate five times weekly in June and then four times weekly during the remainder of the summer season using a 757-200 aircraft with 167 seats in conjunction with Delta’s joint venture partner Air France KLM.

- JFK-Athens will recommence, effective May 18, 2014. The flight will operate daily throughout the summer season using an Airbus A330-300 aircraft with 292 seats in conjunction with Delta’s joint venture partner Air France KLM and Alitalia.

- JFK-Copenhagen will recommence, effective June 2, 2014. The flight will initially operate daily during the summer season using a 757-200 aircraft with 167 seats in conjunction with Delta’s joint venture partner Air France KLM.

- JFK-Rome will recommence, effective March 30. These flights will be operated in conjunction with Delta’s joint venture partner Alitalia The services to New York-JFK will be operated with a 292 seat A330-300.

- JFK-Istanbul will recommence, effective June 2, 2014. The flight will operate daily throughout the summer season using a Boeing 767-300 aircraft with 225 seats in conjunction with Delta’s joint venture partner Air France KLM and Alitalia.

- JFK- Reykjavik will recommence, effective June 5, 2014. The flight will initially operate five times weekly, but will be daily from June 12 throughout the summer season using a 757-200 aircraft with 167 seats in conjunction with Delta’s joint venture partner Air France KLM.

- JFK-Nice will recommence, effective Apr.6, 2014. The flight will initially operate five times weekly increasing to daily effective May 1 and continuing throughout the summer season using a Boeing 767-400 aircraft with 245 seats in conjunction with Delta’s joint venture partner Air France KLM.

- JFK-Prague will recommence, effective May 23, 2014 The flight will operate daily throughout the summer season using a Boeing 767-300 aircraft with 225 seats in conjunction with Delta’s joint venture partner Air France KLM.

- JFK-Pisa will recommence, effective June 07, 2014. The flight will operate four times weekly throughout the peak summer season using a 757-200 aircraft with 167 seats in conjunction with Delta’s joint venture partner Alitalia.

- JFK-Shannon will recommence, effective May 17, 2014. The flight will operate seven times weekly throughout the summer season using a 757-200 aircraft with 167 seats in conjunction with Delta’s joint venture partner Air France and KLM.

- JFK- Venice will recommence Mar. 30. These flights will operate daily throughout the summer months using a Boeing 767 aircraft in conjunction with Delta’s joint venture partner Alitalia.

Thanks,
DLCorpGal
Old Dec 13, 13, 10:20 am

Programs: DM/2MM
DL CorpGal, thanks for the update.

Will these terminate around the same time, e.g. late October, or will they have varying termination dates?
Old Dec 13, 13, 10:48 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Thanks for this update.

Is there any likelihood that JFK-GEO will ever resume? I was sorry to see that route disappear. I was also surprised to see it go as the flights I took seemed very full.
Old Dec 13, 13, 10:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I notice that the Shannon flight is indicated as seven times weekly whereas other flights state daily. Is the Shannon flight also daily or will it operate twice on some days with no service on other days?
Old Dec 13, 13, 11:01 am
bpe

Programs: AS, UA
Originally Posted by DLCorpGal View Post
- JFK-Pisa will recommence, effective June 07, 2014. The flight will operate four times weekly throughout the peak summer season using a 757-200 aircraft with 167 seats in conjunction with Delta’s joint venture partner Alitalia.
That's a pretty long flight for a 757... probably longer than any other that DL or UA has operating now. From the few times I flew it a few years ago, PSA doesn't need the capacity of a 767, but I thought it used one for the range needed.
Old Dec 13, 13, 11:01 am
A4K

Programs: N/A
JFK-Pisa in a 757. That can't be right, I dont think it would have the range.
Old Dec 13, 13, 11:06 am

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by A4K View Post
JFK-Pisa in a 757. That can't be right, I dont think it would have the range.
It's on the schedule as a 76W.

DL 246 JFK 06/07/14 16:30 PSA 06/08/14 7:00 76W Daily
Old Dec 13, 13, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; HH Diam,Hz PC,
Originally Posted by DLCorpGal View Post

- JFK-Shannon will recommence, effective May 17, 2014. The flight will operate seven times weekly throughout the summer season using a 757-200 aircraft with 167 seats in conjunction with Delta’s joint venture partner Air France and KLM.

DLCorpGal
Wonderful news - thanks for the update. My grand children live on the west coast of Ireland. ^
Old Dec 13, 13, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; HH Diam,Hz PC,
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
I notice that the Shannon flight is indicated as seven times weekly whereas other flights state daily. Is the Shannon flight also daily or will it operate twice on some days with no service on other days?
Hopefully daily.
Old Dec 13, 13, 12:59 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Jfk-cph 757 - 200?? Booooooo
Old Dec 13, 13, 1:34 pm
[INACTIVE] Company Representative - Delta Air Lines
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler View Post
DL CorpGal, thanks for the update.

Will these terminate around the same time, e.g. late October, or will they have varying termination dates?
Yes, most of them will terminate around that time. There's always the chance that based on performance they could stick around and become year round, but as you're all aware that's a bit of a moving target.
Old Dec 13, 13, 2:14 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Hm, I hoped DL would use the opportunity to attempt a return to the JFK-KBP route after their only competitor on that route (Aerosvit) went belly up earlier this year. Used to be two airlines flying there daily from JFK for years and none now for almost 11 months. PRG used to have two daily OK flights to JFK and EWR, now it's just one DL seasonal...
Old Dec 13, 13, 2:50 pm

Programs: DL PM, GE
Berlins TXL not on the list :-(
Old Dec 13, 13, 5:32 pm

Programs: DL GM, AAdvantage EXECPLAT, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I thought I read somewhere else that JFK-CPH was going to be a 76W?
Old Dec 13, 13, 7:41 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by AANYC1981 View Post
I thought I read somewhere else that JFK-CPH was going to be a 76W?
Yes originally loaded as a 76W. Still showing as a 76W but they have adjusted the BE inventory to almost no "Z" or "I" fares now on many days in June which means it is probably switching to the 75 since there is a marked drop in the number of BE seats (25 --> 15) with such a switch. Schedules will probably be updated this weekend.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: