JFK Summer Seasonals

Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:01 pm

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by mmichael453
Threadjack: I'm going to miss TXL whenever they get the fire doors working at BER.
Me too. Although I still remember the first time I flew into TXL I thought we'd landed at the wrong airport -- this little place can't possibly be the airport for such a major city, can it? But I came to really appreciate it -- I'd be off the plane and onto the bus to Alexanderplatz in 10 minutes or less.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:14 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA PE, HH Gold
Originally Posted by KevinDTW
Me too. Although I still remember the first time I flew into TXL I thought we'd landed at the wrong airport -- this little place can't possibly be the airport for such a major city, can it? But I came to really appreciate it -- I'd be off the plane and onto the bus to Alexanderplatz in 10 minutes or less.
Flying BE, no checked luggage, arrive at Gate 1 or 15? 5 minutes! Haven't found another airport convenient like this.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:18 pm

Programs: DL PM, IHG, Hilton, Starwood
Originally Posted by KevinDTW
I've routinely done hotel front door in Mitte to butt in seat on plane (LH, not KL sadly) in 60 minutes with checked luggage. Simply convenient.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 3:25 pm

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
Originally Posted by MS02113
The first three reconfigured 757s are scheduled to enter service in July, but those aircraft are destined for the transcontinental BusinessElite routes. The balance of the 75E fleet isn't due for completion before summer 2015, so it's extremely unlikely JFK-ARN will see any 757s with flat beds this summer.
And that's why I said in an earlier post that flying to ARN on DAL was a non-starter.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Seasonal JFK-ZRH is scheduled to return June 15 2014:

DL206 JFK 7:31pm ZRH 9:45am+ 76W Daily (starts 6/15/14)
DL207 ZRH 10:20am JFK 1:10pm 76W Daily (starts 6/16/14)

The reason it wasn't listed in DLCorpGal's OP was because the seasonal list was for seasonal destinations. ZRH isn't a seasonal destination (courtesy of year-round ATL-ZRH service), so JFK-ZRH is considered a supplemental flight to existing ZRH service...but it is on the schedule for this summer...
Phew! Glad to see that it's coming back. I initially thought maybe it was just seasonal destinations, but the list included JFK-Rome when (I believe) ATL-Rome is still flown year-round, so that gave me cause for concern. Fortunately, just a false alarm

Last edited by cdubose98; Jan 16, 2014 at 7:34 pm
Old Jan 16, 2014, 7:46 pm

Why not JFK-Kansas City? Delta did it last summer.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by krpjr
Could we get DTW's and ATL's seasonals as well please?
No, actually, JFK-ZRH is summer seasonal only, but not ATL or DTW.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 9:49 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Le Club Accorhotels Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by Travelman64
Direct Service from USA New York (JFK) to Kiev (KBP) going to start again !!

Ukraine International Airlines from 25APR14 is launching service to the US, initially operating twice weekly flights with Boeing 767-300ER aircraft on Kiev – New York JFK route.
This is good news! Maybe Delta would take another look at this route if PS keep on expanding in JFK.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 8:38 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, DL UA
Originally Posted by BER Flyer
For a moment i thought i could read:

- JFK-Berlin will recommence, effective May 23, 2014 The flight will operate daily throughout the summer season using a Boeing 767-300 aircraft with 225 seats in conjunction with Delta’s joint venture partner Air France KLM.
In addition we will operate ATL- Berlin for the first time during the summer season starting May 2, 2014 with 5 weekly flights using a Airbus A330 Aircraft with 275 seats.
I will be traveling to Berlin in June 2014. Will Delta be flying the JFK and ATL to Berlin in summer 2014 as I don't see these flights on delta.com? I ended up purchasing tickets to FRA and will be traveling to Berlin from FRA on the ICE train.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 9:44 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA PE, HH Gold
Originally Posted by CLTRob
I will be traveling to Berlin in June 2014. Will Delta be flying the JFK and ATL to Berlin in summer 2014 as I don't see these flights on delta.com? I ended up purchasing tickets to FRA and will be traveling to Berlin from FRA on the ICE train.
Sorry for the confusion. Please re-read my post, i wrote "I thought that i COULD" read..
Just wishful thinking from me ( and apparently a few others as well )!
Old Feb 25, 2014, 12:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, Delta Diamond
im looking for award flights on the JFK-ATH flight in August/September and the lowest I see is 200k miles per person? Are these seasonal flight not available for less?
Old Mar 17, 2014, 2:15 pm

JFK-PSA

Considering we're halfway through March, I would imagine most if not all the summer schedules have been loaded. However when I check the DL timetable, JFK-PSA is still listed as a 757-200. If this is correct and I am not mistaken, this beats the current TATL 757 record holder EWR-TXL by over 130 nm--how will this plane regularly fly this route, especially west-bound? Block off several rows?

http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=JFK-PSA,EWR-TXL&DU=nm

Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks!

(PS--well aware that CVG-AMS and DTW-DUS were previously flown by 75Ls and are longer but both have since been cancelled and at least pmNW configured their 75Ls with fewer seats. Plus UA's 757s (configured similarly to DL's) struggle with TXL/STR/BCN even in the summer when there are thunderstorms and those are 100-200nm closer than PSA)
Old Apr 28, 2014, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by antelabbit
Considering we're halfway through March, I would imagine most if not all the summer schedules have been loaded. However when I check the DL timetable, JFK-PSA is still listed as a 757-200. If this is correct and I am not mistaken, this beats the current TATL 757 record holder EWR-TXL by over 130 nm--how will this plane regularly fly this route, especially west-bound? Block off several rows?

http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=JFK-PSA,EWR-TXL&DU=nm

Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks!

(PS--well aware that CVG-AMS and DTW-DUS were previously flown by 75Ls and are longer but both have since been cancelled and at least pmNW configured their 75Ls with fewer seats. Plus UA's 757s (configured similarly to DL's) struggle with TXL/STR/BCN even in the summer when there are thunderstorms and those are 100-200nm closer than PSA)

Delta isn't opposed to stretching the 752's legs. ATL-BSB is slightly longer than JFK-PSA even but I imagine westbound PSA-JFK could end up being a longer flight and might end up needing a tech stop some days.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.