Wiki Posts
Search

MQM for $$$ + pay with miles

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2013, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, HH Silver, Marriott Rewards
MQM for $$$ + pay with miles

Searched for this but didn't find anything.

Purchased FC using "Pay with Miles" and $$$ for a flight DTW-SAN-DTW. Left last Sunday, returned yesterday. Used 40,000 miles to reduce fare to $500+.

Have not yet received any credit for either flight, although the return SAN to DTW didn't arrive until yesterday afternoon.

For the first flight (just requested credit and took a screen shot of the response). For the first flight under total miles it says "Code Q." For the return flight it says "Code 3" (which I think means still processing the second flight.)

Both flights show First Class (A) on the boarding passes.

Was using the "Pay with Miles tickets booked in First or Business Class are eligible for mileage accrual, Medallion Qualification Segments and Medallion Qualifcation Miles" and the receipt page when I booked the reservation showed that I would receive MQM including the FC bonus.

So... any idea why MQM is not yet posted for at least first leg of the flight? Way past normal posting time.

If I will need to contact Delta directly, any particular person (with email) that anyone can recommend?

If this isn't clear enough for a response, let me know and I'll try to add any missing details.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 2:14 pm
Original Member

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
May be slow processing and/or something has to fail on it first before it post correctly.

For response, I find that the @DeltaAssist on twitter to be fastest, easiest especially for something that is semi-standard like this.

Make sure you follow them first so they can DM you.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 2:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Wait a few days until the return posts. This might correct itself or, at worst, you contact DL once rather than twice to get the 150% MQMs.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 2:50 pm

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Bestbob
Searched for this but didn't find anything.

Purchased FC using "Pay with Miles" and $$$ for a flight DTW-SAN-DTW. Left last Sunday, returned yesterday. Used 40,000 miles to reduce fare to $500+.

Have not yet received any credit for either flight, although the return SAN to DTW didn't arrive until yesterday afternoon.

For the first flight (just requested credit and took a screen shot of the response). For the first flight under total miles it says "Code Q." For the return flight it says "Code 3" (which I think means still processing the second flight.)

Both flights show First Class (A) on the boarding passes.

Was using the "Pay with Miles tickets booked in First or Business Class are eligible for mileage accrual, Medallion Qualification Segments and Medallion Qualifcation Miles" and the receipt page when I booked the reservation showed that I would receive MQM including the FC bonus.

So... any idea why MQM is not yet posted for at least first leg of the flight? Way past normal posting time.

If I will need to contact Delta directly, any particular person (with email) that anyone can recommend?

If this isn't clear enough for a response, let me know and I'll try to add any missing details.

There are a lot of reports of miles posted in inaccurate manner recently. I recently emailed through the comment/complain tab, skymiles, request miles for past trip. Got fixed within a matter of hours.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Wait a few days until the return posts. This might correct itself or, at worst, you contact DL once rather than twice to get the 150% MQMs.
Makes sense... will wait until Monday before contacting them. And maybe by then I'll find my screen shot of the original purchase page showing the MQMs for my partial "pay with miles" purchase. Pretty sure I took one.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vgb2001
There are a lot of reports of miles posted in inaccurate manner recently. I recently emailed through the comment/complain tab, skymiles, request miles for past trip. Got fixed within a matter of hours.
Do like the "fixed within a matter of hours" part. Encouraging. Thanks for sharing the experience.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 5:39 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Had the same issue over Thsmksgiving. Give it a few dsys, if no change, give them a call. Mine were fixed immediately. Same deal A fare on pay with miles.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
Had the same issue over Thsmksgiving. Give it a few dsys, if no change, give them a call. Mine were fixed immediately. Same deal A fare on pay with miles.
Another good note... thanks for the detail. I'll get the ducks in order, ready to quack if the MQMs (that will get me to Platinum for 2014) do not appear by Monday.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

An update on "Request Mileage Credit Verification"

Looks as if I'll be making the call on Monday... the return SAT-DTW flight has posted now and it is the same as the DTW-SAN leg... no miles received as EQM or anything else. Zero total miles and "Code 3" under that for both flights.

Will report again next week on when/how miles are credited.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 8:58 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Good Luck on getting this problem fixed. This is a significant DL problem that they can't seem to get a good handle on how to fix.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cottonpatch
Good Luck on getting this problem fixed. This is a significant DL problem that they can't seem to get a good handle on how to fix.
Seems an IT translation problem... a misconnect from the time a person buys a FC ticket and uses Skymiles to reduce the price as I did and the time the flight is actually taken.

Suspect it is not so much difficult as something not high on the priority list among other work in progress. At least from my professional experience, that's often how these things play out. Not enough people experiencing the problem overall, so less attention to a fix.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 9:38 am

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, US G, SPG P, HH D, MR G, NEXUS/GE, DL AMEX Reserve
I am having similar problems for segments that were upgraded to RU or OU inventory... Hopefully it gets corrected but it's not looking promising right now.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Crazyhotelguy... should have asked earlier but can you tell us who you called that got you the fix? I see we have another person signing on here with the same problem.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 11:17 am

Programs: Delta GM, AA Gold
How to do PWM correctly?

May be a remedial question, but I didn't want to get it wrong for future bookings.

To be able to get the MQM's using PWM, are you supposed to:

1) Select the coach flight.
2) At the pay screen, select "upgrade to F for $XXX."
3) Pay with miles for the upgrade cost
4) See the miles roll in?

The reason I ask is, I was testing this out on a recent booking and the upgrade cost was $350 each way. F fare was $1,575. It seems that I can put in to deduct much more than $700 and still get the MQM's and am not sure if this is normal or not. I mean, all I had to pay was $175 + 140,000 miles and I can still earn miles?
Old Dec 13, 2013, 11:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by NYCTraveller
May be a remedial question, but I didn't want to get it wrong for future bookings.

To be able to get the MQM's using PWM, are you supposed to:

1) Select the coach flight.
2) At the pay screen, select "upgrade to F for $XXX."
3) Pay with miles for the upgrade cost
4) See the miles roll in?

The reason I ask is, I was testing this out on a recent booking and the upgrade cost was $350 each way. F fare was $1,575. It seems that I can put in to deduct much more than $700 and still get the MQM's and am not sure if this is normal or not. I mean, all I had to pay was $175 + 140,000 miles and I can still earn miles?
Independent of PWM and MQMs, never accept the upgrade from the final screen unless you have first compared the fares by doing an advanced search for Z/G or higher fare class. Sometimes the upgrade or flex this fare offer at the end is significantly more expensive than if you had just selected FC or (less frequently) fully refundable at the beginning of the search.

Remember too that PWM only gives you about one cent per mile. IMO the pay for the upgrade with miles makes most sense when you need the coach fare receipt for reimbursement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.