Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta announces new international Y benefits, 777 changes

Delta announces new international Y benefits, 777 changes

Old Dec 11, 2013, 9:53 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by cdubose98
We'll see. The 77W J cabin is certainly at least as good as any DL J cabin, and the plane certainly has a more premium mix of seats. But AA has its own merger to get through. And despite the recent effort to increase corporate revenues, I don't think DL has ever truly thought of itself as more of a premium carrier than AA, given DL tends to have a higher percentage of Y seats and doesn't have INTL F.
DL had that seat before AA did
Old Dec 11, 2013, 9:56 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Dick? Breast Eating? Well that's NSFW
Old Dec 11, 2013, 9:57 pm

Programs: DL 2MM DM, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, IC Plat AMB
By changing your name?
Old Dec 11, 2013, 9:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Platinum New Name: KeepClimbingEd
OK. Changed. Sorry!!
Old Dec 11, 2013, 9:58 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by fattieonboard
Interesting thread title... "Delta 777 and 10 Breasts Eating"
Hmmmm, let's see. So, there'll be 254 Y seats after reconfiguration. Does this smoehow mean that there'll only be 10 chicken meals available & 244 pasta?

Last edited by davetravels; Dec 11, 2013 at 10:07 pm
Old Dec 11, 2013, 10:03 pm

Programs: AA PLT (fmr EXP), UA SLV, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat Premier (LTG), IHG Gold, National Exec Elite
Fantastic title!
Old Dec 11, 2013, 10:05 pm
Suspended

Location: No longer spreadin' into your seat... down 187 pounds and at goal!
Programs: Delta360; DL Private Jets; Former KFC Golden Bucket
Originally Posted by davetravels
Hmmmm, let's see. So, there'll be 254 Y seats after reconfiguration. Does this smoehow mean that there'll only be 10 chicken meals availble & 244 pasta?

I think I heard this on the Holiday Safety video...
On the tenth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me:
10 Breasts eating
9 ...

Back on topic, I would not be at all surprised if Delta reconfigured the 777's with 3-4-3 seating.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 10:12 pm
Suspended

On the fourth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me:
4 pilots mentioning
3 FA's gossiping
2 Gate Agents saying under their breath
and a Baggage Claim clerk snapping...

That Delta was going 10 abreast in the 777.

I would not be surprised either. Lots of enhancements in Y recently. There has to be something to counter all the goodness. That's the Delta formula.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by pbarnette
The thing is, I don't disagree that DL's decisions have, for the most part, been unfriendly to SOME frequent fliers. What I take issue with is the conventional wisdom on FF that this means DL's decisions are mistaken or will hurt them at some time in the future.

The point that Bubba makes, and which is too casually dismissed, is that the desires of much of the FT community are inconsistent with both the desires of DL and the desires of the sort of customers that will actually pay a premium. The FT mantra is, for all intents and purposes, that DL can make it all up on volume. There is some truth to that, but not nearly as much truth as the FT conventional "wisdom" would have us believe.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old Dec 11, 2013, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Don't know about you, but I find it comforting to come to this board and read the same complaints. Again. And again. And again. Even better when, as with MSPe, they use the same exact language every time.

Honestly, I am most curious about what MSPe will have to complain about after the last 767-300 is done. My guess is that she will complain about the 767-300s for another couple of years out of habit, but who knows...
^^
Old Dec 11, 2013, 10:14 pm

People on the other thread seem reasonably certain that the new 777 configuration will still have 9-abreast Y. Given that there are currently 25 rows of Y seats, going 10-abreast alone would almost get them to 30. However, removing 2 rows of J seats (which they are definitely doing) should leave enough room for at least 3, if not 4, more rows of Y.

I think, for now, it'll be 9 breasts, same as before
Old Dec 11, 2013, 10:18 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by cdubose98
I think, for now, it'll be 9 breasts, same as before
So, lemme see . . . . That's 4 and a half seats, right.

Old Dec 11, 2013, 10:33 pm

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Thanks for stopping by. Your input is really appreciated.
I read all of the post about how much better that Awful Airline from Texas is. I have been down this road with the kids in Tempe and I honestly did not believe the warnings that we were all given by the flyers who had experienced their exceptional management style at American West before the merger with US.

Doug Parker has true disdain for frequent flyers and their are numerous public statements on record to that effect. When the kids get finished, those who are so vocal now about how much better AA is will look fondly back on these days as they have no idea what the kids are getting ready to do the airline and their program..........
Old Dec 11, 2013, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by Vuelos
DL had that seat before AA did
Aha. And I was wondering why that seat looked so familiar
Old Dec 11, 2013, 10:44 pm

Programs: DL DM & 1MM
While narrow, and a bit decrepit, I didn't mind the actual sleeping in the 767-300s.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.