Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta announces new international Y benefits, 777 changes

Delta announces new international Y benefits, 777 changes

Old Dec 11, 2013, 2:45 pm
Formerly known as caveruner17

Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Odd, I haven't seen them. My last int'l flight was last week NRT-JFK, and no earbuds were offered.

Let me correct that...I'm thinking ear buds are ear plugs. Are ear buds in this context earphones?
Yeah, headphones = ear buds

They didn't offer ear plugs (the foam things that block out noise for sleeping). I was on ATL-DUB/DUB-JFK and the headphone earbuds were offered both ways, although I much prefer my noise cancelling set
Old Dec 11, 2013, 2:56 pm

Programs: DL Million Miler
I sure hope the snack box replaces the tomato & cheese filled starch slab - - that thing reeks up the whole frickin' plane! After 8 hours in a tube at 35,000 feet, that thing smells like the dumpster out back of Montoni's Pizza on a hot summer day. The consistency is scary mush with a faint crust, and the cheese tastes like nothing, so that it picks up the odor of the rank tomato and otherwise represents just dripping fat.

And don't get me started about that frightfully tasteless ice cream.

When the cart comes around for the arrival snack it makes me want to hurl.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 3:04 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, AA
I left Delta a couple months ago and haven't looked back. Don't miss the SkyCrap Club either!
Old Dec 11, 2013, 6:48 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles PM, Starwood SPG Platinum, Hilton HH Honors, UA MP Silver, EK Skywards Silver
Thank God for the free alcohol. Feels great knowing that even though I didn't get that upgrade and all non-revs were bumped up ahead of me, I'll have the free alcohol to knock myself out.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 6:50 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by stylo4444
Thank God for the free alcohol. Feels great knowing that even though I didn't get that upgrade and all non-revs were bumped up ahead of me, I'll have the free alcohol to knock myself out.
Why would you need alcohol to compensate for a "benefit" that was created only in your own mind and NEVER part of the program (the free upgrade to BE)?
Old Dec 11, 2013, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Wonder if this is part of the grand scheme. Give out a bunch of GPU's to DM's then take seats away so they can't be used...
Old Dec 11, 2013, 6:54 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles PM, Starwood SPG Platinum, Hilton HH Honors, UA MP Silver, EK Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by bubbashow
Why would you need alcohol to compensate for a "benefit" that was created only in your own mind and NEVER part of the program (the free upgrade to BE)?
Pardon my sarcasm. I was referring to the potential for Global Upgrade certs being difficult to use, and becoming even harder with the reduction of seats in BE.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
Exactly. All the hopefuls on this board to think it will be 3 x 9 + 3 are living in Cuckoo Land.
I don't think so. Eliminating 7 BE seats suggests to me that they are relocating the 2R lav. My guess is 4 new rows of Y, with 2 rows on one side of the plane occupied by a relocated lav.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 6:59 pm

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by javabytes
I don't think so. Eliminating 7 BE seats suggests to me that they are relocating the 2R lav. My guess is 4 new rows of Y, with 2 rows on one side of the plane occupied by a relocated lav.
Was there an official announcement for this? Sad to see 7 BE seats go away when they just announce easier upgrade with Global Upgrade certificates.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 7:00 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by stylo4444
Pardon my sarcasm. I was referring to the potential for Global Upgrade certs being difficult to use, and becoming even harder with the reduction of seats in BE.
So we are now down to bit*hing about something's potential even though it doesn't yet exist? Wow....I'm sure DL has its marketing department watching this board to stay on the cutting edge.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 7:01 pm

Programs: DL DM/ 2MM, BA Silver, Amtrak Select Executive, SPG Life Plat/Amb, Fairmont Preferred
MSPEconomist,

You may be right, but it could also be that the J demand on these routes is both small and price inelastic--in such an environment removing J seats makes sense.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 7:05 pm

Programs: Delta, Hyatt-Plat, Priority Club-Plat, Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Try the horrid old nonreconfigured 767-300s if you want to see old, tired, worn, and previous century technology. The 777s are fabulous in comparison.
Come on, there is only one "horrid old non-reconfigured" 767-300 left flying, and it will be in mod within days.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by bubbashow
So we are now down to bit*hing about something's potential even though it doesn't yet exist? Wow....I'm sure DL has its marketing department watching this board to stay on the cutting edge.
Anything that is introduced as a benefit or an enhancement, is always going to be subject to criticism and/or praise. That's what this board is for - the discussion. Positive or negative, doesn't matter. If it's seen as bit*hing, so be it. Sure, no one knows how it will work out. But there will always be a discussion on what people believe will be the outcome, or how it can impact a program positively, and negatively.

Is that a fair statement? Or is that completely unrealistic?
Old Dec 11, 2013, 7:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by DiscoPapa
Come on, there is only one "horrid old non-reconfigured" 767-300 left flying, and it will be in mod within days.
Don't know about you, but I find it comforting to come to this board and read the same complaints. Again. And again. And again. Even better when, as with MSPe, they use the same exact language every time.

Honestly, I am most curious about what MSPe will have to complain about after the last 767-300 is done. My guess is that she will complain about the 767-300s for another couple of years out of habit, but who knows...
Old Dec 11, 2013, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by vgb2001
Was there an official announcement for this? Sad to see 7 BE seats go away when they just announce easier upgrade with Global Upgrade certificates.
OP said it was announced during an investor relations presentation. Other than that, haven't seen anything yet.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.