Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta announces new international Y benefits, 777 changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta announces new international Y benefits, 777 changes

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2014, 7:54 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG GOLD, UA DIRT, AA PLAT, US (RIP), Hilton HHonors
Originally Posted by MA_ORD
confirmed we have the new kit with the eyeshades and earplugs in Y. The mid-flight large bottle of water was nice. Makes the long hauls in Y a bit better.
These sound very similar to what I received MIA-CDG on AF a few months ago, save for the ear plugs, IIRC.

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I do wish there was a way to serve high quality purified water to everyone without using plastic bottles. I know they recycle them (in theory) but this still uses a lot of energy all for the purpose of giving someone 12oz of water.
They could - by pouring cups like they usually do... but being able to close a bottle makes it convenient because I can save for later without worry of spill
Old Apr 6, 2014, 8:57 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I do wish there was a way to serve high quality purified water to everyone without using plastic bottles. I know they recycle them (in theory) but this still uses a lot of energy all for the purpose of giving someone 12oz of water.
Amen. This has always gotten to me, not only the huge amount of plastic used for all the water bottles and cups, but also more generally the insane amount of wrapping/packaging per passenger, especially in Y on long-haul flights: earplugs, planket, pillow, about 40 wrappers per meal, all those superfluous (and smelly) beverage napkins, etc. I was pleased to see the blanket and pillow wrapped together exAMS a week or two ago, until I saw that the pillow had its own wrapper, that then got included in the now-larger blanket wrapper....

At least recycling water bottles is a thing. All the other wrappers, I suspect, never stand a chance of recycling, and those beverage napkins are probably too denatured to recycle even if DL tried.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 9:00 am

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
Originally Posted by GateHold

DL also has been giving out hot towels in economy class on Asia flights -- a move to match Asian carriers that do the same. It's not a full-sized towel like you'd get up front, but a nice little touch.

PS
www.askthepilot.com
I had hot towels last week on SVO-JFK
Old Apr 6, 2014, 9:04 am

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
Originally Posted by ryanm
Amen. This has always gotten to me, not only the huge amount of plastic used for all the water bottles and cups, but also more generally the insane amount of wrapping/packaging per passenger, especially in Y on long-haul flights: earplugs, planket, pillow, about 40 wrappers per meal, all those superfluous (and smelly) beverage napkins, etc. I was pleased to see the blanket and pillow wrapped together exAMS a week or two ago, until I saw that the pillow had its own wrapper, that then got included in the now-larger blanket wrapper....

At least recycling water bottles is a thing. All the other wrappers, I suspect, never stand a chance of recycling, and those beverage napkins are probably too denatured to recycle even if DL tried.
...Says the person who burned untold gallons of jet fuel straight into the upper atmosphere to travel around the world.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 2:45 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG GOLD, UA DIRT, AA PLAT, US (RIP), Hilton HHonors
Originally Posted by pgh234
...Says the person who burned untold gallons of jet fuel straight into the upper atmosphere to travel around the world.
so then about that NYC-London high speed, eco-friendly train...
Old May 18, 2014, 4:58 am

Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
Any news on whether the "sleep kit" and upgraded snack are being rolled out to more destinations (i.e., ATL-Europe?)
Old May 18, 2014, 7:26 am

Programs: DL GM, Hertz Gold Five Star
Originally Posted by PDXNRTLHR
Any news on whether the "sleep kit" and upgraded snack are being rolled out to more destinations (i.e., ATL-Europe?)
On a recent flight from ATL-MAD I had the hot towel shortly after takeoff, then they came around with the small "sleep kits" including a eye mask and earplugs. I did get a small water bottle mid flight upon asking, but there was no cabin wide distribution. I'm not sure what is meant by this upgraded snack, but we had the normal dinner on the ATL-MAD redeye, and a breakfast sandwich before landing. Then on the return trip we were served lunch, followed by a choice of warm sandwich (chicken if I recall correctly) or a salad later in the flight.
Old May 18, 2014, 9:49 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by PDXNRTLHR
On my flights to/from DUB last month we got the sleep kit but no water bottle (just the usual water service).

Meals were the usual chicken/pasta/salad with cold chicken. Breakfast snack (outbound) was the same while the lunch snack (inbound) had a choice of sandwiches (IIRC -- was a month ago )

Didn't really seem any different than the dozens of other Y TATL the past few years, other than the "sleep kit" -- which I don't use as I have my own sleep mask and ear plugs.
Old May 18, 2014, 11:11 pm

1st post here, Just fyi....Transcon flights in EC class just started.

Old May 20, 2014, 1:07 pm

Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
Thanks, guys. The biggest thing for me is the water--I try to bring my own water bottle, but it won't last a whole TATL flight, and some airports are a mess (such as AMS, where you have to go through security at the gate). I hate bothering the flight attendants, so just getting a bottle or two through the flight would be more useful than several tiny cups. Or, I can just suck it up and drink the entire plane's stock of Woodford.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.