Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta announces new international Y benefits, 777 changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta announces new international Y benefits, 777 changes

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2013, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by DiverDave
Correct, but they are also pulling BE seats from some of the 767s and the paint is barely dry on those newly reconfigured birds.

David
No, the 76Z fleet is the fleet Delta is speaking of. Premod all of Delta's 767 has 36C (minus the handful of 76G aircraft) Now ~half the 76 fleet will be at 25ish seats.

That isn't a "new" thing. Only thing that is "new" is the reduction of 7 C seats on the T7 fleet.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 10:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The A330s are also losing BE seats as they're reconfigured.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by GYEWorldTraveler
Actually none of the 76Zs ever had flatbeds before the mods. DL planned to have 25J/200Y on the plane from the get go. All of them used to have cradles and were a mix of the the 76Gs and 76Us. So DL never modded a 767 to have flatbeds and then pulled out seats after the flatbed mod.
yep. And as i said, the reduced C 767s came when they didn't the mods.
Delta has three fleets before the flat beds the 76T(7) 76G(6) and 76L (46)
Old Dec 16, 2013, 10:51 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by BahstunDLPT
Full size bottles of Evian were distributed on my return NGO-DTW last week. I was in EC, but everyone got one (or two)...
Flew JFK-BRU and BRU-ATL in EC in the past week and no water bottles for us.

I've noticed the water service in Y has been very spotty this year. Related?

Last edited by TheMadBrewer; Dec 16, 2013 at 10:58 pm
Old Dec 17, 2013, 2:04 am

Programs: DL DM; UA PLT
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The A330s are also losing BE seats as they're reconfigured.
May I ask where you are getting this information?

There have been numerous contribution by yourself on the 330 mod thread where there has been no discussion of losing BE seats in the reconfiguration.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...thread-31.html

According to both the Delta website and SeatGuru...the number of BE seats are the same on the 333's and a gain of 2 seats on the 332's.

330-200 (332) --> 32 sleeper seats
330-200 (3L2) --> 34 flat-bed seats
http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...0-200-332.html
http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...0-200-3l2.html

330-300 (333) --> 34 sleeper seats
330-300 (3L3) --> 34 flat-bed seats
http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...0-300-333.html
http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...0-200-3l3.html

Looks like they are gaining 2 BE seats on the 332's and remaining the same on the 333's.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 6:16 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by Dawgfan6291
just a note, I'm not sure what is "fairly" new. The 777s were the first in the Delta fleet to get the lie-flats with the ERs getting them the same time Delta got ship 7001 from Boeing, in 2008. 5 years is not what I would call new.
IIRC, the LRs had lie-flats first and from delivery. The ERs had recliner seats until refurbed a couple of years ago (2010-11 IIRC).
Old Dec 17, 2013, 6:56 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by Dawgfan6291
No, the 76Z fleet is the fleet Delta is speaking of. Premod all of Delta's 767 has 36C (minus the handful of 76G aircraft) Now ~half the 76 fleet will be at 25ish seats.

That isn't a "new" thing. Only thing that is "new" is the reduction of 7 C seats on the T7 fleet.
OK.

But this is interesting. From Glen Hauenstein just 6 days ago:

What is cost that's spilling at the low-end even on the peak days and then turning those into more coach seats, and I think that's where we've come
out with two configuration changes to our international wide-body fleet. One of which we're in the middle of which is, in densifying the subfleet
to the 767s to go from 36 to 22 upfront, and adding about 20 coach in that transaction.:

http://ir.delta.com/files/doc_presen...2020131211.pdf

Interesting that Glen says 22, and not 25. So while they are not pulling seats out of newly reconfigured 767s, there is still a significant reduction in Delta's J seating capacity overall.

Another reference to removing 14 seats:

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...me-global-jets

Here's the full investor's day presentation if anybody is interested:

http://ir.delta.com/files/doc_presen...esentation.pdf

David
Old Dec 17, 2013, 7:35 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by pbarnette
Don't know about you, but I find it comforting to come to this board and read the same complaints. Again. And again. And again. Even better when, as with MSPe, they use the same exact language every time.

Honestly, I am most curious about what MSPe will have to complain about after the last 767-300 is done. My guess is that she will complain about the 767-300s for another couple of years out of habit, but who knows...
It's good that you find it comforting, otherwise you'd be wasting your time by continuing to read it.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 7:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by longing4piedmont
I read all of the post about how much better that Awful Airline from Texas is. I have been down this road with the kids in Tempe and I honestly did not believe the warnings that we were all given by the flyers who had experienced their exceptional management style at American West before the merger with US.

Doug Parker has true disdain for frequent flyers and their are numerous public statements on record to that effect. When the kids get finished, those who are so vocal now about how much better AA is will look fondly back on these days as they have no idea what the kids are getting ready to do the airline and their program..........
No doubt
Old Dec 17, 2013, 7:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mdb
No worries - some can't handle any criticism of their beloved DL - under any circumstances....
And those same people have been insisting that DL is selling out BE, yet here DL is reducing the amount of BE for sale.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 9:19 am
mdb

Originally Posted by GYEWorldTraveler
$1500 was the suggestion of another poster (50% above the coach ticket cost for an upgradeable ticket). So $1000 was used for simplicity sake to illustrate what DLs thinking likely was in making the move.
However that number is not reality 1500 is typical TATL TPAC more like 2k fare. By your logic Z fares are also not making as much as coach.

By this logic you might as well stop J class altogether.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 10:11 am
k2

Originally Posted by mdb
However that number is not reality 1500 is typical TATL TPAC more like 2k fare. By your logic Z fares are also not making as much as coach.

By this logic you might as well stop J class altogether.
No, they just want to stop selling these cheap BE fares. Hauenstein said this when answering a question about removing BE seats:

"...and also to truncate the lowest business fares, which, quite honestly, are not that profitable for us."
Old Dec 17, 2013, 11:13 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by k2
No, they just want to stop selling these cheap BE fares. Hauenstein said this when answering a question about removing BE seats:

"...and also to truncate the lowest business fares, which, quite honestly, are not that profitable for us."
And replace the lowest business fares with much lower coach fares.

David
Old Dec 17, 2013, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by k2

Apparently a 5-6k tpac Z fare isn't profitable enough... if you can even find one.
Most of the time tpac Z fares that I see are higher than that, especially on the routes that use the 777.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 11:27 am
mdb

Originally Posted by k2

Huh.... Good luck with that.

Might as well remove them all then, since the competition seems to be able to fly profitably at those fares....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.