Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Introducing a new experience when you call Delta Reservations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Introducing a new experience when you call Delta Reservations

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2013, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by SamOF
I think this is great!

Re: security concerns, AA and UA both do this, and no one seems to reporting rampages of canceling others' reservations.
Gotta love people that live in a paranoid world.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 7:41 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
Using caller ID could be a problem in a shared household or office situation. No spoofing required.

I work for a software consulting company where many of us travel. If we use our desk landline through our PBX to call DL, the same number will appear on the caller ID regardless of what office phone extension is used. If a coworker were to add the number to their profile, would my calling the reservations center reference the coworker's reservation and SM account?
Old Nov 13, 2013, 7:44 pm

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by TTT

The number you provided is Delta's FliteLine.
Actually it's the old PMNW number and the only thing I ever used it for was flight status and for flights with Redtails.

<lol>

Bob H
Old Nov 13, 2013, 8:01 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, United Premier Sliver
Alaska has been doing this for quite a while. Glad to see Delta doing the same!
Old Nov 13, 2013, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by keeton
Using caller ID could be a problem in a shared household or office situation. No spoofing required.

I work for a software consulting company where many of us travel. If we use our desk landline through our PBX to call DL, the same number will appear on the caller ID regardless of what office phone extension is used. If a coworker were to add the number to their profile, would my calling the reservations center reference the coworker's reservation and SM account?
Yes, that is why they said to have a unique number.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 8:09 pm

Programs: Delta, United
My electric company has been doing this for some now - it works great especially because the only time I have need to call them is when the !@#$ power goes out.

As for the caller - id, I guess now my only worry is my wife calling Delta and changing my flight so I come home earlier (or staying away longer :-))).
Old Nov 13, 2013, 8:14 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA GE, CP ED
Originally Posted by jrkmsp
Thanks for the update Dwayne. I like this new tool.
Like! ^
Old Nov 13, 2013, 9:28 pm

Love it. I hate looking up my stupid skymiles number when I call. I guess I've started memorizing it recently but still a good enhancement.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 9:32 pm

Thanks for the system update.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 9:32 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by keeton

Why in the world would anyone (with a mobile phone, at least) add a land-based phone number to his Delta profile?
Old Nov 13, 2013, 9:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by indufan
Quote:

Originally Posted by SamOF

I think this is great!

Re: security concerns, AA and UA both do this, and no one seems to reporting rampages of canceling others' reservations.

Gotta love people that live in a paranoid world.
I know you're talking about me. Stop talking about me! And stop following me!
Old Nov 14, 2013, 3:59 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Also, like someone else asked, can someone please respond to the many concerns about award ticket BE downgrades?
When pigs fly.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
This is good unless the system will also be requiring voice recognition for further prompts. It is much easier and faster to use a keypad and select the appropriate number, especially in an area with a lot of ambient noise as that always confuses the voice system.

[cynical mode on]
As I think someone mentioned earlier, kind of funny how we're all excited about an incremental feature thats been present on other airlines for a while. Its not like this is some huge new groundbreaking feature, but just something that might improve convenience.

Don't get distracted by this from the real issue... the zero notice skymiles devaluation. Its like robbing you blind and then the thief coming back and giving you a dollar to take your mind off how you got screwed.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Dwayne,

Does this work for ALL phone numbers in your profile, or only the first one (or only mobile)?
Old Nov 14, 2013, 6:55 am

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Does this work for ALL phone numbers in your profile, or only the first one (or only mobile)?
This is my question also -- I've got three numbers in my profile; can you please tell us how the system deals with multiple numbers? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.