Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Introducing a new experience when you call Delta Reservations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Introducing a new experience when you call Delta Reservations

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2013, 2:31 pm

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
I can't remember the last time I called customer service, but the number was something like 1-800-225-2525 and when I do call it's just for flight status and possibly for an incoming flight that I'm not taking.

Doesn't do me much good.

Another great 'improvement'.

Bob H
Old Nov 13, 2013, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Not a great idea, as caller ID is easily spoofed, but as long as the PIN system still exists before redemptions are allowed, or some other protections are in place...
Old Nov 13, 2013, 3:44 pm

Programs: SA Lifetime Gold, DL Diamond, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Nice enhancement. But entering my SM# is not really time consuming. My telephone experience with Delta is just fine.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 4:12 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Is the system able to sense both your home number as well as your cell phone?
Old Nov 13, 2013, 4:23 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by Zeeb
...Unless "responds to your voice" means having to navigate through a bunch of menus before you can talk to a real person, that is. That would be more of the type of "enhancement" we're used to.
"repond to your voice" does worry me. Those response systems are terrible (at any company). If it recognizes my number but I have to start talking to the machine that isn't good. Currently you can do everything with touchtones
Old Nov 13, 2013, 4:33 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Nice - when I call it is usually when on the move so not needing to enter the numbers will be an improvement.

Originally Posted by BobH
I can't remember the last time I called customer service, but the number was something like 1-800-225-2525 and when I do call it's just for flight status and possibly for an incoming flight that I'm not taking.

Doesn't do me much good.

Another great 'improvement'.

Bob H
The proper number to call is 1-800-323-2323 for SkyMiles customer service/reservations. Upon entering your SkyMiles number (or calling from your profile phone number) it will route you to the correct department (DM, PM, GM etc).

The number you provided is Delta's FliteLine.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 4:39 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by TTT
Nice - when I call it is usually when on the move so not needing to enter the numbers will be an improvement.

The proper number to call is 1-800-323-2323 for SkyMiles customer service/reservations. Upon entering your SkyMiles number (or calling from your profile phone number) it will route you to the correct department (DM, PM, GM etc).

The number you provided is Delta's FliteLine.
It's also the old NW main reservation number.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 4:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat
Anyone else get a little nervous when they saw the name of the thread?
Old Nov 13, 2013, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Leezell
Last 4 digits of purchasing credit card plus the security code works just fine.
Except I have no idea what credit card purchases most of my airfares.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by amejr999
Anyone else get a little nervous when they saw the name of the thread?
Nope - I am a "glass is half-full person".
Old Nov 13, 2013, 6:30 pm

Programs: DM-(DL)/CO/AA/US/ RW (Road Warrior)
This is really good news to hear. Thank you.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 6:33 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, US G, SPG P, HH D, MR G, NEXUS/GE, DL AMEX Reserve
Spoofing caller ID and cancelling reservations... Nice.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 6:38 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
I think this is great!

Re: security concerns, AA and UA both do this, and no one seems to reporting rampages of canceling others' reservations.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 6:46 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
I sm happy for this as AA has it and it works much better when you are in a loud airport terminal....
Old Nov 13, 2013, 7:07 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by DwayneSkyMiles
Starting tomorrow, you will engage in a new, faster customer experience when you call Reservations. We’re introducing a more personalized service designed to recognize you and respond naturally to your voice.

To enjoy the convenience of our new Reservations experience, here’s what you need to know:

The end result is that you can simply pick up the phone and call us. We’ll connect the dots – which is great especially if you are dashing to get to the airport.

This new Reservations experience is part of our continued investment to provide you the very best in customer service. Be sure to log in and update your profile with your current phone number.

We don't understand what voice recognition has to do with this....could you clarify?

Last edited by RSSrsvp; Nov 15, 2013 at 6:37 am Reason: Removed off topic comments.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.