Wiki Posts
Search

Who get's HOOU?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2013, 11:52 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Who get's HOOU?

Are these only given to certain Medallions (G, PM, DM)? I've never received one as an FO flying 1-2x month.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 11:59 am

GMs and up.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 7:07 pm

Programs: DL DM, PMNW 1MM, DL 1MM
Originally Posted by sbjnyc
GMs and up.
GM most of last year and PM for a few months this year. I have never seen any HOOU's . Where are they ?
Old Nov 12, 2013, 7:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
gotta know how to print them!

Originally Posted by Frogbone
GM most of last year and PM for a few months this year. I have never seen any HOOU's . Where are they ?
http://boardingarea.com/deltapoints/...rink-on-delta/
Old Nov 12, 2013, 9:42 pm

Programs: DL PM
I got a sheet of drink chits (4?) in my GM medallion kit when I qualified for the first time in September. As posted above, a drink chit with a 48 hour expiration often is on the printed boarding passes for GM and above as well. Some Redcoats will also carry drink vouchers, and will give them out at their discretion.

Drink chits have also available as one of the awards via the skybonus program.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 10:11 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by jb008
Drink chits have also available as one of the awards via the skybonus program.
That is why I signed up for Skybonus in the first place (as a sole proprietor), to get some drink coupons.

Then they came out with EC and free booze internationally, so I didn't need so many. Next I flew AF -- Prem Voyager upgraded to Affaires with an SWU just as they had a big promo. Then there was last years paid (very discount) J when there was another promo.

Now I have so many SkyBonus points that even the Duke of Bombay would have a hard time using them all in a year (if I cashed them in for that).

I can't believe I am saying this, but I expected better from Delta's IT -- I get the HOOU's on my boarding pass even on paid F/BE. But since I've sat in the back domestically more this year than the past 3 years combined, the drink coupons have gotten good use.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 11:34 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
you have to print a boarding pass from a computer (like at home or work on a regular printed), not at the airport. You have to be Sky Priority. (GM and up).
Old Nov 13, 2013, 1:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
you have to print a boarding pass from a computer (like at home or work on a regular printed), not at the airport. You have to be Sky Priority. (GM and up).
....and at least one of the segments for which you are doing OLCI must be confirmed in coach, either because your upgrade hasn't cleared or your ticket isn't upgrade eligible (including one or more segments on a small RJ without FC).
Old Nov 13, 2013, 4:45 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Not true. You can use the Skyclub computers and then send them to the Skyclub printer while enjoying a fine quality free glass of #SkunkyBeer
Old Nov 13, 2013, 8:09 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer

Now I have so many SkyBonus points that even the Duke of Bombay would have a hard time using them all in a year (if I cashed them in for that).

I can't believe I am saying this, but I expected better from Delta's IT -- I get the HOOU's on my boarding pass even on paid F/BE. But since I've sat in the back domestically more this year than the past 3 years combined, the drink coupons have gotten good use.
I'll selflessly offer to take some vouchers off your hands if you need some help with that But you can use skybonus points for a few other things, like flights, too. Drop me a pm though if you need a volunteer...

I'm setting up my skybonus account now actually since it seems like I aught to now that I'm eligible.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 9:29 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
....and at least one of the segments for which you are doing OLCI must be confirmed in coach, either because your upgrade hasn't cleared or your ticket isn't upgrade eligible (including one or more segments on a small RJ without FC).
I've gotten then coupon when doing OLCI for paid F/J flights and when all segments on that leg (e.g.. outbound/return) have been upgraded. It makes no sense to me, but that is Delta IT.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 10:34 am

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Delta Points
Not true. You can use the Skyclub computers and then send them to the Skyclub printer while enjoying a fine quality free glass of #SkunkyBeer
If you can get the SC printers to work. The last several times I've tried using them in a variety of SC locations, I've sent the file, gone to the printer, typed in the access code and gotten nothing. Have asked for assistance from SC attendants and have had them tell me "not sure what the problem is, hardly anyone uses these things." Have even tried from multiple laptops and not had luck...I have begun to wonder if these things are maintained at all and if so, by whom?
Old Nov 13, 2013, 10:39 am

if you have an iPad, try to check in on it and print from iPad (AirPrint). I could 100% get HOOU from my ipad, even the flight I checked in on PC/MAC. I just checked in again and got it from iPad. Don't know why, but it happened this way.
No comments on android tablet.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 10:43 am

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by superpanjy
if you have an iPad, try to check in on it and print from iPad (AirPrint). I could 100% get HOOU from my ipad, even the flight I checked in on PC/MAC. I just checked in again and got it from iPad. Don't know why, but it happened this way.
No comments on android tablet.
Tried from AirPrint, tried from Mac Air, tried from Dell PC laptop...all same lack of success. And, I'm not trying to print HOOUs, I'm usually trying to print business documents so the access code to print is a nice feature but if it doesn't work, it's not helpful!
Old Nov 13, 2013, 4:27 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I had a 4 segment trip recently - - all UGs cleared in advance, and still got a HOOU coup.

On the way back - 4 segments - - ended up in Y for MSP/LGA, and NO HOOU coup.

Go figure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.