FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   NEW $8.99 snack box - AVOID (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1520892-new-8-99-snack-box-avoid.html)

Ti22 Nov 12, 2013 8:27 am

NEW $8.99 snack box - AVOID

FlyingUnderTheRadar Nov 12, 2013 8:33 am

I have tried them and found the Tapas treat to descent enough. Would I pay $8.99 for it - no. But I recently needed to dump a bunch of expiring coupons so I used it for some. May sound silly but I brought a couple home to use as snacks while out hiking. Better than letting the coupons expire.

AA_EXP09 Nov 12, 2013 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Ti22 (Post 21770861)
My opinion is a lousy value!

The only redeeming quality is that it merely wasted HOOU coupon instead of $8.99. Wow, just wow....

Pita chips and so called humus simply inedible. Lemon cookies were lame. Few Olives were okay but nothing of remote value approaching the asking price.

Try it if you're brave enough and please report back!

I don't buy airline food anyways.
I eat in the lounge (international) and onboard (when in F, US domestic or transborder)

AA_EXP09 Nov 12, 2013 9:01 am

Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar (Post 21770893)
I have tried them and found the Tapas treat to descent enough. Would I pay $8.99 for it - no. But I recently needed to dump a bunch of expiring coupons so I used it for some. May sound silly but I brought a couple home to use as snacks while out hiking. Better than letting the coupons expire.

If you have children or regularly see any they make good presents/snacks.

JulienMSP Nov 12, 2013 9:21 am

the snack boxes are pretty salt and carb rich. My mouth has hurt after eating any of them. They are only good for burning coupons; IMO :)

MedPhys Nov 12, 2013 11:16 am

I can't agree more with Ti22. I really enjoyed the "Flight Delights" box, but the new "Tapas" box is just gross. I ended up throwing about half of it away.

Not even worth an HOOU.

mridley2 Nov 12, 2013 11:28 am

Has DL removed the two flight delights options? I quite the liked the salsa/chips version.

355F1 Nov 12, 2013 11:34 am

With the exception of the included Greek Olives I actually thought this was the best box they have ever offered....

Tried one just a few days ago for the first time using a HOOU.

jrkmsp Nov 12, 2013 11:36 am

Since May, I've been doing two to three trips a month to Boston, leaving early Monday a.m. and returning Thursday night. Because I think it's bad form to walk into the office at 10:30 on Monday already having been drinking, I use my HOOUs for a snack box that I stash in my hotel for the week. I don't like the new Tapas box as much as I did the old "Flight Delights" box, but it's nice to have snacks for the week.

sbjnyc Nov 12, 2013 11:39 am

I would get the travel treats box when I had expiring coupons or anything remaining of the $200 axp reimbursement. I know they change from time to time but are they gone now?

jiburi Nov 12, 2013 11:42 am

http://www.delta.com/content/dam/del.../eats-menu.pdf

I prefer the travel treats at $6.49 but Eat Tapas at $8.99 sounds nice. I wouldn't buy it just for the name tho...

Jiburi

Ti22 Nov 12, 2013 11:49 am

Originally Posted by sbjnyc (Post 21772209)
I would get the travel treats box when I had expiring coupons or anything remaining of the $200 axp reimbursement. I know they change from time to time but are they gone now?

If that's the one with summer sausage, it's still available for the same price - $5.99 or thereabouts?

tapas $8.99 - that's what it was called. I do understand these things are basically "bunker food" but even with that, what a step backwards and for much higher price...

lsumegan Nov 12, 2013 12:22 pm

The cran blueberry nut mix is seriously addictive. It helps soothe the pain of the loss of the peanut M&Ms.

mikepa Nov 12, 2013 12:25 pm

Trail mix is good use of a HOOU coupon! Use it or lose it! I had some expiring coupons too so I brought home 4 bags!

bdschobel Nov 12, 2013 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by JulienMSP (Post 21771187)
the snack boxes are pretty salt and carb rich. My mouth has hurt after eating any of them. They are only good for burning coupons; IMO :)

I basically share that opinion. The snack boxes will prevent starvation, but I would never pay real money for one.

Bruce