Wiki Posts
Search

Will there be AMEX MQD signup perks?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2013, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
Will there be AMEX MQD signup perks?

I have been holding off on getting my first DL AMEX card for a few years because, frankly, I have not needed the points or MQMs. This brings me to my current situation:

-I am currently a GM.
-Once MQD's are implemented I can say goodbye to status (leisure flyer on my own $$)
-If I get a card this year, I can get PM.
-I cannot hit $25K spend.

However, since MQM's will have much less value next year on their own, I am guessing that AMEX will throw a bone for a year of MQD reprieve. Anyone have any facts or speculation on this? If I get a card next year, and there is a year of MQD reprieve...rollover can take me to two years of GM (Instead of one year of PM). Otherwise, there is certainly minimal benefit to me for ever getting a DL AMEX.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 8:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You're speculating. How do you feel about bird in hand versus bird in bush for the probabilities you guess of your scenario actually happening?
Old Nov 7, 2013, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
I'd say take the PM now and enjoy it if you expect to continue flying a decent amount in 2014, especially if you'll benefit from int'l EC, award redeposit, or one of the choice benefits. Then make your decisions as DL/Amex make any details/promotions public and you can be confident in the outcome.

IME, the "reprieve" for Amex holders is the Amex MQD waiver itself. I wouldn't count on any other sort of promos or waivers coming along, and the easing in of MQDs was allegedly supposed to be showing people how they were tracking in 2013.

Although, maybe DL will sell MQDs at a 1:1 rate in December 2014? @:-)
Old Nov 8, 2013, 3:27 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
OP, no one here can tell you if there will be another AmEx signup bonus. IMO, seems very doubtful there will be one tied to MQD but anything is possible.

If you will use the additional PM perks, go for it and worry about status next year. Otherwise, enjoy GM for next year and wait and see what happens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.