Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DOUBLE MQMs ON MANY SEATTLE FLIGHTS

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2013, 12:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by HongKonger
I got pretty excited about this thinking I'd pick some up on a few trips I'll be doing which involve NRT-SEA and vv. What was I thinking, getting my hopes up that a DL promo would actually work for me?
Yeah, me too. For a minute I thought that this promo would make me accept connecting in SEA to Asia with the resulting short TPAC flight time.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Yeah, me too. For a minute I thought that this promo would make me accept connecting in SEA to Asia with the resulting short TPAC flight time.
But even if it did work from an MQM perspective, how would you factor in MQD's?

Do you think in the future promotions like this will offer DMQM's and DMQD's?
Old Nov 6, 2013, 2:49 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, United Premier Sliver
Originally Posted by LarkSFO
What did you expect? DL's is a seasonal flight starting in June.

You just need to make your reservations before 12/31/13 for your flights in June 2014 on DL and you'll get the double MQM's.
First off, I have flown AS on the SEA-ANC route, so I didn't know if DL did or didn't fly this same route. Once I saw the web page, it indicates that DL flys SEA-ANC at least once daily. If you are not aware of the seasonal nature of DL flights and you read the page as it is written, one would think that DL runs this route daily. Not true! There is no indication of a seasonal routing on the page.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 9:19 pm

Programs: DL PM
So does this work for any routing to/from those destinations, or just the direct flights?
Old Nov 6, 2013, 9:52 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by seowitz
So does this work for any routing to/from those destinations, or just the direct flights?
It works only for these segments: SEA-ANC/PDX/SFO/LAS/LAX/SAN and in the reverse direction.

So, SEA-SLC-SAN, for instance would get nothing.

However, if "somewhere"-SEA-LAX-"somewhere else", then you get credit for the eligible middle segment only (as an example).
Old Nov 7, 2013, 3:22 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
But even if it did work from an MQM perspective, how would you factor in MQD's?

Do you think in the future promotions like this will offer DMQM's and DMQD's?
For me, the AmEx spend waiver is no problem, nor are the MQDs requirements a problem as I tend to get expensive tickets exMSP. In fact, I rarely see tickets on flights I need being offered for less than ten cents per mile.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 3:11 pm

Programs: Delta PM Hilton Diamond Bonvoy Ti/LTP Hertz PC
Bumping myself. Anyone know the answer? Say I buy an A fare, is it Flown Miles * (1.5 for A fare) * (2.0 for promotion) = Flown Miles * 3, or is it Flown Miles * (1.5 for A fare) + Flown Miles * (2.0 for promotion) = Flown Miles * 2.5

Originally Posted by greathustle
Anyone have any thoughts on whether the 2x MQMs applies to the discounted FC fares? For example if I fly A or G would I get MQMs equal to 3x flown miles? T&Cs don't seem clear on this.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 4:59 pm

For me, the AmEx spend waiver is no problem, nor are the MQDs requirements a problem as I tend to get expensive tickets exMSP. In fact, I rarely see tickets on flights I need being offered for less than ten cents per mile.
So you are clearly not the kind of faux elite they are trying to eliminate!

For mileage runners, the CPM calculation is dead on DL and UA.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 6:28 pm

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum
I have posted the update to the "Consolidated Delta Promotions Thread".
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ns-thread.html
Old Nov 7, 2013, 6:30 pm

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum
Originally Posted by greathustle
Bumping myself. Anyone know the answer? Say I buy an A fare, is it Flown Miles * (1.5 for A fare) * (2.0 for promotion) = Flown Miles * 3, or is it Flown Miles * (1.5 for A fare) + Flown Miles * (2.0 for promotion) = Flown Miles * 2.5
From the past, you'd get 2.5
Old Nov 7, 2013, 6:32 pm

Programs: Delta PM Hilton Diamond Bonvoy Ti/LTP Hertz PC
Thank you sir

Originally Posted by flyzabit
From the past, you'd get 2.5
Old Nov 7, 2013, 8:38 pm

So you are clearly not the kind of faux elite they are trying to eliminate!

For mileage runners, the CPM calculation is dead on DL and UA.
Since I'm not a mileage runner and, in fact, almost all of my travel is for business, this makes sense.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 11:27 pm

Since I'm not a mileage runner and, in fact, almost all of my travel is for business, this makes sense.
Yes, I am the beneficiary of OPM myself...
Old Nov 17, 2013, 10:02 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Has anyone found any mileage-run worthy flights using this promo? So many routes don't exist yet that I'm having a hard time getting to below 6cpm....
Old Nov 17, 2013, 10:27 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by bworrell
Has anyone found any mileage-run worthy flights using this promo? So many routes don't exist yet that I'm having a hard time getting to below 6cpm....
There is some $157 rt on Delta for LAX-SEA. Example date is Feb 8, same day.
With a double MQM bonus, the cpm is 4.1. Prices are higher after early March.
Alaska dropped their lowest fare on the route to $147. I booked five of the Delta roundtrips, but most of the Saturday dates that I booked are now higher.

I prefer flying to airports with good transit connections to something worth seeing.
SeaTac fits this criteria.

Last edited by Bowgie; Nov 17, 2013 at 10:36 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.