Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DOUBLE MQMs ON MANY SEATTLE FLIGHTS

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2013, 11:28 am

Programs: SPG-Gold
Originally Posted by jrl22
I find 2 trips in July but nothing in April (just put random dates in) ... and the number of AS codeshare flights goes way down also
Just got off the phone with Corp Communications and they say the non-stop flights SAN - SEA and SEA-ANC will start in the Summer 2014 but nothing official on this yet
Old Nov 5, 2013, 11:35 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Originally Posted by InsUW2
BIG warning on the ad it talks about non-stop flights SAN - SEA but those flights are the 4 daily Alaska Flights and they are excluded by the terms and conditions.

I called and confirmed that the Code-share flights are not included in this Promo even tho it shows the flights
DL's SAN SEA flights, operated by CRJ900 begin in May 2014
Old Nov 5, 2013, 11:50 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
I got pretty excited about this thinking I'd pick some up on a few trips I'll be doing which involve NRT-SEA and vv. What was I thinking, getting my hopes up that a DL promo would actually work for me?
Old Nov 5, 2013, 11:59 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM
I registered for this last week. I have/had 3 segments to/from SEA to cities on the promo list, but all were booked before the promo, so they don't count.

Last edited by 18sas; Nov 5, 2013 at 12:59 pm
Old Nov 5, 2013, 12:00 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
This is lame, and DL definitely jumping the gun. A lot of these routes don't even exist yet. A lot of people are going to register and book AS codeshare flights, and be very pissed down the line when they don't get the bonus.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HongKonger
I got pretty excited about this thinking I'd pick some up on a few trips I'll be doing which involve NRT-SEA and vv. What was I thinking, getting my hopes up that a DL promo would actually work for me?
Are you connecting via SEA? NRT flights are not eligible for this promo.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 12:55 pm

new seattle promotion

http://dmn.delta.com/ace_plrs/seattl...3143601-A01A-A

A new seattle promo to annoy alaska air

but quick question: I flew SAN-SEA this year just prior to the promo period- Oct 13 and return on the 17th. Do you think if I called they would do the MQM match (if i explained I would've taken the direct flight on DL metal). Flew alaska metal their and a connect in SLC back.

No need for a MR for me- I prob will make GM on my SAN-JFK t-holiday trip due to flying BE there (need 5409)

Thanks for the info.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 1:27 pm

Programs: Delta PM Hilton Diamond Bonvoy Ti/LTP Hertz PC
Anyone have any thoughts on whether the 2x MQMs applies to the discounted FC fares? For example if I fly A or G would I get MQMs equal to 3x flown miles? T&Cs don't seem clear on this.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 1:41 pm

Just got off the phone with someone in the Delta promotions department. The bonus MQMs can take up to 6-8 weeks to post. I just booked a Atl-Lax-Sea rt MR for my husband after registering for this promo. According to the rep I spoke with, as long as he flies by 31Dec the bonus MQMs on the Lax-Sea portion of the trip will still count toward his 2013 MQMs for status renewal.

Also, currently the press release for this promo states in the T&Cs that bonus miles don't count toward Medallion status but the rep stated that her information didn't show that. It did seem contradictory to offer double MQMs but not have them count toward status!
Old Nov 5, 2013, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by met19
http://dmn.delta.com/ace_plrs/seattl...3143601-A01A-A

A new seattle promo to annoy alaska air

but quick question: I flew SAN-SEA this year just prior to the promo period- Oct 13 and return on the 17th. Do you think if I called they would do the MQM match (if i explained I would've taken the direct flight on DL metal). Flew alaska metal their and a connect in SLC back.

No need for a MR for me- I prob will make GM on my SAN-JFK t-holiday trip due to flying BE there (need 5409)

Thanks for the info.
I doubt they'll do a match.

Existing thread on this topic:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...e-flights.html

Old Nov 5, 2013, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
I got the email link to register for this. But is this an enhanced version of the promo that came out last month for double RDMs on SEA-LAS/LAX/SFO flights and we don't have to re-register? Or is that one out-the-window, and now replaced with this one? So we do have to register for it.

Edit: Just tried to register with the link, and it responded that I am already registered for this promo. So it is the same.

Last edited by Fanjet; Nov 6, 2013 at 12:44 am
Old Nov 5, 2013, 2:49 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by InsUW2
Just got off the phone with Corp Communications and they say the non-stop flights SAN - SEA and SEA-ANC will start in the Summer 2014 but nothing official on this yet
Well, you would think if they have published a schedule and are accepting bookings that it is "official."

SEA-ANC June 5 to Aug 30, two flights daily

I think the SAN flights start June 2 and continue indefinitely.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 4:19 pm

Programs: DL Medialia Platina
Originally Posted by fti
Well, you would think if they have published a schedule and are accepting bookings that it is "official."

SEA-ANC June 5 to Aug 30, two flights daily

I think the SAN flights start June 2 and continue indefinitely.

MQM's from the East Coast to ANC are in MR territory:

CLT-DTW-SEA-ANC / ANC-SEA-ATL-CLT $390 10,900 MQM mid-June

= 0.036 / mi
Old Nov 5, 2013, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
I think Port of Seattle will consider bringing more new concourse expansion. It only a few gates space available. I don't think they have enough room. They need more international gates & domestic gates as well. It will be so extremely overcrowded!! They need more jet bridge for regional jet and also, they need more concessions, retail shops and etc.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 6:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by TerryK
Quote:

Originally Posted by HongKonger

Are you connecting via SEA? NRT flights are not eligible for this promo.
Yeah but I want double MQM for the TPAC. For A couple short flights on the west coast it's nothing to get excited about IMO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.