Wiki Posts
Search

#7 on list using SWU?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2013, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, SP Plat, Hilton Gold
#7 on list using SWU?

ATL-LAS tomorrow, I'm DM, traveling with GM wife on same PNR. Both on K fare. Put in for SWU on both as soon as I purchased nearly 3 weeks ago. Check in tonight, and I'm #7 on list and she is #8. @DeltaAssist confirms proper coding. DM line confirms proper coding. Asked DM line to in request complimentary upgrade, status on list didn't change. @DeltaAssist says that it's her GM status that is dragging us down.

Anyone have any insight as to how on earth to change this Charlie Foxtrot?
Old Oct 30, 2013, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
You could split the PNRs. With this, there's no guarantee you'd both get the UG.

Basically, when on the same reservation, position on the UG list is determined by the lowest status.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 5:22 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by rwoman
You could split the PNRs. With this, there's no guarantee you'd both get the UG.

Basically, when on the same reservation, position on the UG list is determined by the lowest status.
But if using an SWU on both you should still be towards the top without splitting the PNR.

Nevertheless, rwoman's suggestion is probably your best course of action - split the PNR and you should both be at the top of the list if it is coded correctly.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
But if using an SWU on both you should still be towards the top without splitting the PNR.

Nevertheless, rwoman's suggestion is probably your best course of action - split the PNR and you should both be at the top of the list if it is coded correctly.
I thought it seemed odd as well.

I forget, is an SWU ahead of a Y fare? I know it pushes you to the top (or should), but ahead of full Y's?
Old Oct 30, 2013, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by rwoman
I thought it seemed odd as well.

I forget, is an SWU ahead of a Y fare? I know it pushes you to the top (or should), but ahead of full Y's?
UP2A -DM desiring to use SWU
UP2B -PM desiring to use SWU
UP2 -Full Y medallion desiring comp upgrade
UP3D -DM desiring comp upgrade
UP3 -PM desiring comp upgrade
UP4 -GM desiring comp upgrade
UP5 -FO desiring comp upgrade
UP6 -Companion or AS/AF/KL elite desiring comp upgrade
UP7 -Psgr on award ticket booked in R/O and confirmed in coach
SBUP- Delta paid standby upgrade program
Old Oct 30, 2013, 6:11 pm

Is there an UP1?
Old Oct 30, 2013, 6:16 pm

Programs: DL MM Gold
Wollman's desk would be UP1
Old Oct 30, 2013, 6:30 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Call the Diamond desk until you get an agent to code you both UP2A. I go through this all the time but you have to find one who knows what they are doing...
Old Oct 30, 2013, 6:43 pm

Programs: DL PM
There are known issues with GM's traveling with SWU as demonstrated by their omission from the UG hierarchy above...
Old Oct 30, 2013, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
You should be at the top of the list... it is likely coding for the companion and/or the system not knowing how to handle it. You should both be coded as UP2A for SWU and be ahead of all comp upgrades (including full Y). My guess is you are UP2A and she is still UP4. SWU info has to be entered and coded correctly for both pax.

I'd ask DLAssist again if they can confirm if both of you are UP2A. SWU should put you ahead. Don't wait to the airport... very unlikely anybody will know how to fix anything there.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 8:43 pm

First question...did you check in at ATL? Or online?

Originally Posted by rylan
You should be at the top of the list... it is likely coding for the companion and/or the system not knowing how to handle it. You should both be coded as UP2A for SWU and be ahead of all comp upgrades (including full Y). My guess is you are UP2A and she is still UP4. SWU info has to be entered and coded correctly for both pax.

I'd ask DLAssist again if they can confirm if both of you are UP2A. SWU should put you ahead. Don't wait to the airport... very unlikely anybody will know how to fix anything there.
The airport staff may not know how, but at the very least the OP could convince an agent to let them view the list and see the actual coding.

I find many SC staff are somewhat versed in SWU's.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

#7 on list using SWU?

Both sources (after getting different folks on the line and online) insist that inside of T24, it doesn't help her. If you look at her itinerary, she still shows both a Y seat and a F seat (though not assigned) as it does for me.

We split the PNR and I immediately vaulted to the front of the line, and she stayed where she was. Still shows an F pending for both of us.

So I'll call again in the AM and see if a different shift brings someone who can code it to make it work. But I'm afraid that inside of T24, she's stuck at UP4. Has anyone had success with GM/FO using SWU (with DM/PM companion, of course) inside of T24?
Old Oct 30, 2013, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

#7 on list using SWU?

And no, haven't checked in at airport yet. Was planning on hitting SC and trying there if not resolved prior to then.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 8:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by Leezell
Both sources (after getting different folks on the line and online) insist that inside of T24, it doesn't help her. If you look at her itinerary, she still shows both a Y seat and a F seat (though not assigned) as it does for me.

We split the PNR and I immediately vaulted to the front of the line, and she stayed where she was. Still shows an F pending for both of us.

So I'll call again in the AM and see if a different shift brings someone who can code it to make it work. But I'm afraid that inside of T24, she's stuck at UP4. Has anyone had success with GM/FO using SWU (with DM/PM companion, of course) inside of T24?
Not true. Miles UG waitlists don't go to the gate, SWUs do. They are screwing you with incompetence as usual.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 8:58 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.7MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by sbjnyc
Is there an UP1?
UP1 - Customers who paid for a higher first or business class fare but are not confirmed in the forward cabin and desiring an upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.