Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

FBI: Off-Duty Pilot Groped Girl, 14, On Delta Flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FBI: Off-Duty Pilot Groped Girl, 14, On Delta Flight

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2013, 11:36 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by Oakshadow
He probably did, but background checks usually focus on past criminal activity and the potential security risk of non-sexual natures. As does frequently happen, a sexual assault can be impossible to predict if the applicant's record is clean. I've never heard of pilots being required to perform psychological tests to screen pilots with boundary issues. Maybe they'll start some day.
I know all this. However, TSA gives folks (including their own employees) a free pass at the "security" checkpoint because they've had a background check. This is just one of many incidents that highlights the fallacy of such a decision. All should be screened equally, including/especially TSA employees.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 1:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by Spiff
I know all this. However, TSA gives folks (including their own employees) a free pass at the "security" checkpoint because they've had a background check. This is just one of many incidents that highlights the fallacy of such a decision. All should be screened equally, including/especially TSA employees.
I started this thread from an article I read. First if this pilot did this I am mad, very mad. I have a couple of questions.

Any witness? What did the young girl and pilot tell the FBI? Why was a male (NRSA or not) seated next to a female UM? Why can't DL (or any other airline) put a female passenger next to the UM, such as a college student, granny, mother?

After the girl told the FA - the FA found a open seat in the last row. Why was the NRSA passenger (pilot) not assigned to this "open seat" in the first place? That would have given the UM the empty middle seat in her row.

I guess DL figured a OO pilot would not do such a thing? I would guess 99.99% would not from any carrier. This OO pilot better start looking for a good lawyer if this story is correct.

Wow did I stumble on to this article, Looking for the results of this little gem. You think the above was bad.

LAS VEGAS — A Saudi Arabian air force sergeant faces a minimum mandatory 35 years in state prison after a jury found him guilty of raping a 13-year-old boy at a Las Vegas Strip hotel last New Year’s Eve.

Defendant Mazen Alotaibi (MAH’-zen ah-loh-TAH’-bee) remained seated, clenching his jaw but showing no outward emotion as the verdict was read in Nevada state court Wednesday.

Sentencing for the 24-year-old Royal Saudi Air Force mechanic, who had been in the U.S. for military training, is set for Dec. 16.
Clark County District Court Judge Stefany Miley could sentence him to prison for life.
http://www.armytimes.com/article/201...S06/310240001/

Last edited by kettle1; Oct 31, 2013 at 1:20 am Reason: add another article
Old Oct 31, 2013, 1:58 am
Suspended

The pilot works for ExpressJet Airlines (previously ASA) not SkyWest. It just so happens he lives in Salt Lake City and commutes to ATL.

Jtsastre
Old Oct 31, 2013, 2:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by jtsastre
The pilot works for ExpressJet Airlines (previously ASA) not SkyWest. It just so happens he lives in Salt Lake City and commutes to ATL.

Jtsastre
Thank you very much Jtsastre. The Detroit News found this and made a CORRECTION. It seems all news stations, "jumped the gun" and reported it was first DL, than OO, now it is:

ExpressJet Airlines, Inc. is an American airline based in College Park, Georgia, USA in Greater Atlanta. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of SkyWest, Inc., parent company of the air carrier SkyWest Airlines. Before the acquisition from SkyWest it was an independent airline, and previously, a subsidiary of Continental Airlines. ExpressJet Airlines, Inc., originally Continental Express, Inc., was a Delaware corporation.

Although an autonomous business entity since its divestiture from Continental Airlines, Inc. in 2002, it continued to operate as Continental Express for Continental Airlines from hubs at George Bush Intercontinental Airport, Houston, Newark Liberty International Airport, Newark, New Jersey, and Hopkins International Airport, Cleveland, Ohio. Its training center is on the grounds of George Bush Intercontinental Airport in Houston.

In August 2010, SkyWest Inc. announced that it had entered into a definitive merger agreement with ExpressJet Holdings, whereby SkyWest Inc.'s wholly owned subsidiary, Atlantic Southeast Airlines, would purchase ExpressJet for $6.75 per share. Atlantic Southeast Airlines and ExpressJet became the world's largest regional airline on November 12, 2010 once the purchase was final. The self-proclaimed "Super Regional" airline will be based in Atlanta.

On November 22, 2011, both ExpressJet and Atlantic Southeast Airlines achieved a single operating certificate that will allow them to operate as one carrier. Effective December 31, 2011, all flights began operating under the name ExpressJet making it the largest regional airline in the world with more than 400 aircraft. ExpressJet currently operates as American Eagle, Delta Connection, and United Express.

Off-duty pilot accused of groping teen on flight from Detroit

Steve Pardo
The Detroit News
11 Comments
CORRECTION

An off-duty pilot is accused of groping a sleeping 14-year-old girl sitting next to him on a flight en route from Detroit to Salt Lake City, according to a felony complaint.

An off-duty pilot with ExpressJet, a regional airline carrier that contracts with Delta is accused of groping a sleeping 14-year-old girl sitting next to him on a flight en route from Detroit to to Salt Lake City, according to a felony complaint.

Michael James Pascal, 45, on Saturday was riding in the middle seat of a Delta Airlines flight bound to Utah while the unaccompanied minor was seated in the window seat next to him, according to a complaint filed in U.S. District Court in Salt Lake City.

In a statement issued Wednesday, the airline said, “ExpressJet is aware of reports of an incident involving a regional airline pilot. We do not comment on the employment status of current or past employees. Please direct all inquiries regarding this alleged incident to law enforcement and/or the U.S. attorney.”

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz2jHk8jaEs

So who owns ExpressJet? Appears OO? I do not know or care. I know The Detroit News made a retraction to the first article.

Is this a current or past employee? And who does this person work for? I would guess OO. I have know Idea. Is his check from St. George, UT? Than OO. I blame the person for this (not any airline).

Last edited by kettle1; Oct 31, 2013 at 2:48 am
Old Oct 31, 2013, 12:42 pm
Suspended

SkyWest Inc. (not airlines) is an umbrella company that owns SkyWest Airlines AND ExpressJet Airlines. They are still operated on separate certificates and considered separate companies. ExpressJet is headquartered in Atlanta, GA, from where I presume employees receive their paycheck.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA Gold, VX Silver, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, JPM Palladium
Michael James Pascal was sentenced yesterday. He'll be spending more than 2 years in prison and 60 months on probation after.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/pilot...ge-girl-flight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.